UFA targets not named Stastny

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's not to say he's not good, but is he worth 6 million on what would most likely be a long term deal? He had a really good year (46 points, +33), but he's only had more than 30 points one other time in his career and that was back in 2008-2009. He's never been an all star, and I'm sorry, if you're being paid 6 million per season you probably should be. He's an American kid, but was he on team USA? Was he even in the running to make it? I'm not being a smart ass here, I am honestly wondering. He may be good, he may have had a great year, in fact he did have a great year (in a contract year), but is he worth 6 million per season?

The cap is going up yadi yada

At some point we will have to spend, it may not be this year, but the time will come when we will have to gamble on a player being worth what the market says he is worth

I think he's been very good and he could allow us to lower Karlsson's minutes and put Methot on the second pairing (as long as Cowen keeps improving and is able to play with Karlsson on the top pair)

I think that, moreso than just the player, paying 6 million a year to potentially drastically improve our D is worth it

I think I'd rather Stralman because he very well could be cheaper but Niskanen is a solid dman and they get paid

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's not to say he's not good, but is he worth 6 million on what would most likely be a long term deal? He had a really good year (46 points, +33), but he's only had more than 30 points one other time in his career and that was back in 2008-2009. He's never been an all star, and I'm sorry, if you're being paid 6 million per season you probably should be. He's an American kid, but was he on team USA? Was he even in the running to make it? I'm not being a smart ass here, I am honestly wondering. He may be good, he may have had a great year, in fact he did have a great year (in a contract year), but is he worth 6 million per season?

Don't get in your arms up in the air too much, I only signed him at 6.0 to prove the point that we have budget space to sign him. My sentiment is that he is worth on the UFA market at least 5.0 per though

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Why Vrbata? Look at his playoffs. no goals for a goal getter. He blew it with Pheonix as well several years ago so no thanks

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I like Raymond, would be a nice addition that would also come cheap.

Don't know how cheap Raymond will come this time around. He had a good year in Toronto for 1 million. He's going to want more this summer and will have more suitors than last year.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Don't get in your arms up in the air too much, I only signed him at 6.0 to prove the point that we have budget space to sign him. My sentiment is that he is worth on the UFA market at least 5.0 per though

I'm more upset that a guy who has had one good year is worth 6 million. It's nothing against you or anyone else here, it's just the direction the league is going in that grinds my gears.

The Fuhr*

Cap is going up to 70 million... projected 76 million the year after

Niskanen is easily worth 1.5 million dollars more then Nikitin...or just 1.0 more then Andrew Mcdonald

The Fuhr*

I'm more upset that a guy who has had one good year is worth 6 million. It's nothing against you or anyone else here, it's just the direction the league is going in that grinds my gears.

Players get 55% of revenue... tell the league to stop making so much money

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Don't know how cheap Raymond will come this time around. He had a good year in Toronto for 1 million. He's going to want more this summer and will have more suitors than last year.

Looking for 3 years years at around 3 million according to Dreger. Not too unreasonable.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Cap is going up to 70 million... projected 76 million the year after

Niskanen is easily worth 1.5 million dollars more then Nikitin...or just 1.0 more then Andrew Mcdonald

Personally I think Nikitin is better than Niskanen, but I will concede that is probably not an opinion that is shared by many.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I know, they make it seem like money was growing on trees... lol

But don't worry for the Sens, Murray won't sign him over 5.0

If we can get him at 5x5 or something close, we should do it I think

The Fuhr*

NEIL SHEEHY @ICEHockeyAgent · 52m
Matt Niskanen spoke to the Penguins and will make himself available on the free-agent market on July 1st.

Matt Carl two years ago got 5.5
I think Niskanen gets 5Yrs 30 million

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
We sign Jussi Jokinen and Matt Niskanen and trade Spezza for prospects and picks only

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Jokinen-Zibanejad-Stone
Hoffman-Smith-Lazar
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Neil

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Niskanen
Phillips-Ceci
Wiercioch-Borowiecki

Jokinen can play center so it gives us many options and is very damn good in shootouts. Niskanen solidifies our defense. If Stone, Zibanejad and Hoffman/Lazar can progress and produce, we are in good shape. Plus, our prospect pool gets a long stronger with the Spezza return

This. Shoot-outs are more important than ever, and Sens s**k.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
... Also we have Phillips who will be just as good as Weaver was as long as he's used properly[/QUOTE]

1st PP LD? ;)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We sign Jussi Jokinen and Matt Niskanen and trade Spezza for prospects and picks only

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Jokinen-Zibanejad-Stone
Hoffman-Smith-Lazar
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Neil

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Niskanen
Phillips-Ceci
Wiercioch-Borowiecki

Jokinen can play center so it gives us many options and is very damn good in shootouts. Niskanen solidifies our defense. If Stone, Zibanejad and Hoffman/Lazar can progress and produce, we are in good shape. Plus, our prospect pool gets a long stronger with the Spezza return

He's something like 7g on 26 shots the last 4 years... maybe the goalies figured out his one move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad