UFA fighters

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If Rupp plays his cards right and doesn't care where he plays, he'll be the Boogaard of this offseason. I could see him getting as much as 2M from certain teams. If he wants to win a Cup, he still gets a slight raise and gets to pick any team he wants to play for.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If Rupp plays his cards right and doesn't care where he plays, he'll be the Boogaard of this offseason. I could see him getting as much as 2M from certain teams. If he wants to win a Cup, he still gets a slight raise and gets to pick any team he wants to play for.

He's already won a cup and while he's a much better player than Boogaard he's nowhere near as good a fighter. Spending 2 million on him would be absolutely stupid.

Punxrocknyc19*

He's already won a cup and while he's a much better player than Boogaard he's nowhere near as good a fighter. Spending 2 million on him would be absolutely stupid.

well Boogaard is getting more money than Vinny Prospal :laugh: but whos the better player. Rupp is better than Boogaard as a player and should get more. Rupp can play on the PK from time to time as Boogaard never has

i can see a team like the sabres islanders or devils sign rupp.

straka91*

I can see him getting a hefty raise if he tests free agency, not sure about 2 million but 1.1-1.6 most likely. His fighting is not top 5 but he can handle himself well against any fighter. And he can play decent hockey. These last couple of offseasons have had that one top dog enforcer thats gets a raise. This year it will be Rupp. If he goes into free agency.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
well Boogaard is getting more money than Vinny Prospal :laugh: but whos the better player. Rupp is better than Boogaard as a player and should get more. Rupp can play on the PK from time to time as Boogaard never has

i can see a team like the sabres islanders or devils sign rupp.

Devils already let Rupp go so I don't see them trying to get him back. If anything Boogaard and Shelley's contracts will put off smart GMs from signing 4th liners to big money.

straka91*

Chris Simon most likely wont be back in the KHL this year from what GM Alexei Zhamnov said. Dyanmo Moscow aint interested. Not suprised considering his age.

Sorry no links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
It sounds like the Oilers are going to let MacIntyre walk. I don't think it's the right move. We're no where near a cap team. Why not have the best enforcer as a 13/14th forward at league minimum? I'm not looking forward to Hall, Eberle Paajarvi, RNH and Hemsky having their show run next season.

Eaglepride*

It sounds like the Oilers are going to let MacIntyre walk. I don't think it's the right move. We're no where near a cap team. Why not have the best enforcer as a 13/14th forward at league minimum? I'm not looking forward to Hall, Eberle Paajarvi, RNH and Hemsky having their show run next season.

Sign him Kenny, sign him.

straka91*

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/

Konopka most likely wont be resigned, wants to stay. Gillies to be resigned soon possibly a 2 way. Haley might get a one way, 50k raise.:)

Edit: Someone already beat me to it. ;)

Adams resigned with Pit. 2 years 625k per. Updated list with Adams signing, Mac walking, and Islanders enforcer plans.

Last edited by a moderator:

straka91*

Maybe thier going to let Stortini have another crack at it? He didnt look that bad in the AHL. And he is pretty good on the forecheck too.

straka91*

Harrison signs for 2 years. (Canes board, chip alexander twitter)

Rutherford says Harrison to get $650,000, $750,000.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I don't know if I would call Rupp a "Fighter" He loses a lot of fights against guy you would think he could at least tackle. He is a great all around 4th liner but not so much of an enforcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad