UFA fighters

straka91*

Update:

HW
Janssen- Signed 1 year 2 way deal with Devils.
Koci-
Yablonski-
Fritz-
Godard-Signed with Stars 2 years 1st year 2 way 2nd year 1 way 750k/700k
Big Mac-Signed with Pens 1 year 2 way 600k
Boulton-Signed 2 year 1 way deal with Devils
Mcgratton-Resigned with Ducks 1 year 2 way contract 600k
Gillies-Resigned with Islanders 1 year 2 way contract
Hordichuck-Signed with Oilers 1 year 1 way 825k

Light HW
Winchester-
Bitz-
Rupp-Signed with Rangers 3 years 1 way 1.5 per
Harrison- Resigned with Canes 2 year 1 way 650k/750k
Lessard- Resigned with Sens 1 year 2 way
Mccormick-Resigned with Buffalo 3 year 1 way 1.2 per
Stortini-Signed 1 year 2 way contract with Preds 550k/75k
Crombeen- Resigned with Blues 2 year 1 way contract 1 million per
Eager-Signed 3 year 1 way way with Oilers 1.1 million cap hit
Sestito-Resigned with Flyers
Rosehill-Resigned with Leafs 1 year 1 way contract 600k
Yonkman-Signed with Florida 2 years

MW
Bodie-
Chipchura-
Sutherby-
Vandermeer- Signed with Sharks 1 year 1 way 1 million per
Rypien-Signed 1 year 1 way contract with Jets 700k
Glass-Signed 1 year 1 way contract with Jets 750k
Asham-Resigned with Pit 1 year 1 way contract 775k
Bradley-Signed with Florida 2 years 1 way contract
Mayers-Signed 1 year 1 way contract with Blackhawks 550k
Carcillo-Signed 1 year 1 way contract with Blackhawks 775k
Jacques-Signed 1 year 2 way contract with Duck.
Konopka-Signed 1 year 1 way contract with Sens 700k
Hagel-Signed 1 year 2 way contract with Blues 525k/60k
Adams-Resigned with Pit 2 year 1 way contract 625k

Pests
J. Ruutu-
T.Conboy-Signed 1 year 2 way contract with Sens

Retired
Belak
Peters
Boogaard R.I.P.

Robitalle

Oversea Signings
Tarnaski -Signed with Vityaz of the KHL

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
i think gillies and eager will find nhl duties personally. big list of fighers/grinders. for the isles im fine with martin, haley and konopka but id like a guy that can drop them on defense, id like shane obrien.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'd like Rupp or Asham on the Lightning. We're probably in for another year of soft hockey though, but I'll keep my hopes up.

straka91*

Hopefully Pens re-sign Rupp and let Godard go.

Pens would be stupid not resigning Rupp. I think its pretty much for sure that Godard is no longer going to be a Penguin after the playoffs. The team is set in the toughness department. Hopefully MTL or god forbid the Redwings pick Godard up.:)

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
i think gillies and eager will find nhl duties personally. big list of fighers/grinders. for the isles im fine with martin, haley and konopka but id like a guy that can drop them on defense, id like shane obrien.

Shane o'brien is a phony.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Big Mac will be in the NHL.

Agreed.

There's no doubt that he wasn't used well by the Oilers this year, and his fundamental hockey skills were revealed to be what they are - substandard. Sure there's a link there. ;) He was often out of step with not only the play, but also with the "process" of picking spots to establish his Heavy status.

That said, if the Oilers don't have a go at re-signing him, I'm pretty sure that someone in the East will find a spot for him as a deterrent to regular visits with Boogaard.

Broken Stix

Apr 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
From an Oilers fan perspective I really hope Steve MacIntyre is back because he added a little something extra to that team. I feel that even if he only sees 1 minute of ice per game it is worth having him there for $500,000 a year. When he killed Ivanis in the first game of the season I think he scared off 80% of the guys in the league who might of considered fighting him. I think he just needs to work on his skating and be prepared to blindside jump somebody every now and then to wake his team up. If he is given the chance to dress 70 games a year it will be well worth it for the Oilers.

As for Stortini he will never wear an Oilers uniform after his embarrassing outing against the Stars earlier this year. I can't see him having much more of an NHL career after he became known what could be considered an "easy notch" for most tough guys around the NHL.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Agreed.

There's no doubt that he wasn't used well by the Oilers this year, and his fundamental hockey skills were revealed to be what they are - substandard. Sure there's a link there. ;) He was often out of step with not only the play, but also with the "process" of picking spots to establish his Heavy status.

That said, if the Oilers don't have a go at re-signing him, I'm pretty sure that someone in the East will find a spot for him as a deterrent to regular visits with Boogaard.

Boogaard may have to retire, unfortunately.

straka91*

Sounds like its more than likely Bam Bam wont be playing for STL next season and Reaves will be taking his spot.

If Konopka doesnt get resigned before free agency Im willing to bet the Ducks are going to try to get him back. Maybe even overpay slightly.

straka91*

Deleted: Broken Link

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No way McGratton plays in the NHL next tear. Only heard bad things about him when he was with Providence and the couple times I saw him play he was disinterested and soft. No one is going to sign a tough guy that won't fight with minimal talent.
Big Mac stays NHL long before McGratton comes back.

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
I hope Carcillo is resigned and I would love to see Asham back on the Flyers. Rypien in orange and black would be quite amusing, especially if he played on a line with Carcillo

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Janssen almost certainly won't be back with the Blues so any team that needs purely a fighter will have a chance at him

Eaglepride*

if we lose this round I hope Kenny sends out a big message by signing Smacintyre IF the Oilers let him walk. So other teams tough guys would be in for a big surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad