UFA fighters

straka91*

Not really a signing but couple of kids with NHL HW potential got drafted.

Derek Mathers-Flyers
Led the OHL in fights last season with 27. Only 17 and already 6 ft 3 in and 230lbs.:amazed: Really hope this kid makes it to the AHL/NHL in the near future.

Samuel Noreau-Rangers
Is 18 and 6 ft 5 in but only 206lbs. He needs to get some more meat on his bones if he intends to tangle with AHL/NHL heavies. His fighting style reminds a lot of Matt Kassian.
Rangers have 2 HW prospects in thier system now.:yo:

Yotes also drafted a couple gritty players as well.
Detroit drafted Nedomlel. Physical D-man who is willing to drop em. He is also from Sweden (anyone really suprised lol). Wouldnt call him a "fighter" though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurel Joliat

May 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON, CA
What's the record of fights in 1 season ? Derek Parker drop the gloves 70 times in 2005-06 in Quebec senior league !!!

Happy for Haley and the Pens only have to re-sign Godard

straka91*

What's the record of fights in 1 season ? Derek Parker drop the gloves 70 times in 2005-06 in Quebec senior league !!!

Happy for Haley and the Pens only have to re-sign Godard

70 times lol. How many games are even in the Quebec Senior League season?

Its pretty certain that Godard will not be brought back.:(
I hope the Pens give Boulerice a crack at the NHL again. Always been a fan of his.

straka91*

Chipchura let go. Rob Rossi twitter.

Clune qualified. Lakinginsider.com

straka91*

straka91*

Rupp is more than just an enforcer. That's why Burke would sign him.

He would be an awesome addition. A Brown-Rupp-Orr line would be fun to watch.

Ryan Wilson qualified. No link.

Some rumblings (more speculation than rumor) that Holmgren might bring back Asham.

straka91*

PensDeptoTFP Joe Depto
Via RDS.ca, The Pittsburgh Penguins are actively shopping Mike Rupp's contract rights league wide.

Rupp is all over the place. He resigned, almost signed, testing FA, and now on the block.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Hopefully the Canucks can sign a legit heavy or a good light heavyweight in free agency. I'm doubtful that Rypien will be returning and would rather have someone other than Glass providing the toughness on the 4th line

straka91*

^^Maybe another MW, doubt a heavy will get signed. I think Gillis wants to keep his team rolling Euro style hockey like Detroit, Tampa, and MTL.^^

TimSassone Tim Sassone
Add these names to Jan Hejda as UFAs who interest #Blackhawks: Mike Rupp and Matt Bradley. Size, size, size.
They could use the extra grit besides Scott lol. Bradley had a good rebound year last season. He actually won some fights.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
^^Maybe another MW, doubt a heavy will get signed. I think Gillis wants to keep his team rolling Euro style hockey like Detroit, Tampa, and MTL.^^

unfortunately I think your correct, even if we picked up someone like Boulton I would be happy, I just wanna see someone who can hang with the heavies

straka91*

unfortunately I think your correct, even if we picked up someone like Boulton I would be happy, I just wanna see someone who can hang with the heavies

If I had my way every team would have 2 heavies.:D Also noticing Boulton is getting very little love around here sadly. Dude should be one of the top sought after enforcers this offseason but it doesnt look promising. Maybe Gillis will suprise us with a Godard or Boulton signing.

straka91*

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Edmonton/2011/06/29/18349341.html
Oilers hinting at what they will do for thier toughness in the coming weeks. Since they have no one really gritty under contract so far. Im getting that they may want an enforcer on a 2 way. We shall see.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NHL&id=1585&line=136995&spln=1
Buffalo still wants to get Mccormick signed for next season.

Heard Rupp shot down a 2 year offer tonight. So thats why Pens got the Asam deal done instead. No link.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=567784
Montador rights traded to Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad