UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw (8/25/2016)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Emery decides to leave Ben Arfa in the stands for the encounter against Arsenal.
For those who didn't watch the first L1 games, Ben Arfa almost didn't play until the last game in which he started, along with Jese and Lucas. Jese was absolutely awful, barely touched the ball (once in the first 30 minutes in the opposing half). Yet he had the nerve to throw a tantrum when he was subed out. Lucas was useless like he has been all games this season. Ben Arfa was the most dangerous PSG player, making some nice runs and being a (somewhat) dangerous presence all game.

:shakehead

Emery had better win tomorrow.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The rumored line up for PSG tomorrow is... :
Trapp (no idea why Areola never starts)
Aurier-Marquinhos-Thiago Silva-Maxwell (Kurzawa injured, best possible defense without him, but Thiago Silva hasn't played a minute yet)
Verratti-Krychowiak-Rabiot (Kry hasn't started a game yet, played some minutes last game because of Kurzawa's injury)
Di Maria-Cavani-Matuidi (yes you read that right, Matuidi is the starting LW).

No Pastore, no Ben Arfa of course. Clearly hoping for a scoreless draw.

Emery has completely lost the plot :biglaugh:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Aurier-Marquinhos-Thiago Silva-Maxwell (Kurzawa injured, best possible defense without him, but Thiago Silva hasn't played a minute yet)
Verratti-Krychowiak-Rabiot (Kry hasn't started a game yet, played some minutes last game because of Kurzawa's injury)

The lineup doesn't look that bad apart from the possibly out of form players, and whatever is going on which HBA. :dunno:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

I see it more a diamond 4-4-2 maybe?

Anyway, I'm hoping for PSG to fail hard this season just because they fired Blanc who was a pretty good manager for them. Just like what RM did with Ancelotti.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Arsenal would find a way to lose to a PSG youth team in a CL opener.

Actually I'd say PSG's youth team has a very good chance against PSG's senior team right now :D

This. That lineup still has plenty of class players...

No doubt. They could play Thiago Silva as LW and be done with it as well :D

It may be filled with class players but far far from the best possible team and Matuidi at LW is inexcusable.
French press is all in on Emery for tonight. If he fails, he'll feel his pants burn :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I see it more a diamond 4-4-2 maybe?

Anyway, I'm hoping for PSG to fail hard this season just because they fired Blanc who was a pretty good manager for them. Just like what RM did with Ancelotti.

Diamond is possible, but since Verratti came back, EMery has played nothing but 4-3-3 and L'Equipe reports a 4-3-3 with Matuidi at LW.

I liked Emery's first impression tbh. Their preseason was spectacular, as well as the Trophée des Champions.
All in 4-2-3-1 with Pastore at #10. But since Verratti and Matuidi came back, Emery has lost the plot completely. Like an amateur really. EVERYONE can see his obvious mistakes but him apparently.

He could line up like this :
---------------Areola------------
Aurier-Marquinhos-Silva-Kurzawa
------Verratti---Matuidi------
Di Maria---Pastore---Ben Arfa
-----------Cavani------------

All star team really.
Yet he's never used this lineup. Not once. Instead, we're treated with Lucas, Jese, Motta, etc...

French press were all in adoration of Emery's methods in the preseason. Made comparisons with Blanc and treated Blanc like a stupid unimaginative coach.
But there's a reason Blanc never once failed to reach the CL QF even with smaller teams like Bordeaux. It's extremely hard to dominate the league and BOTH cups like PSG did the last few seasons. Right now, he must laugh all he can.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I understand why he started Jese though, he costed quite some money and he wants to be a starter... now if he sucks he deserves to go to the bench soon (like he did last game)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Jese didn't deserve a start over some of the other players.
More than anything, he didn't deserve to be on the bench tonight while Ben Arfa is at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad