UBS Arena: Westbound and Down (or something like that)

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
No Fudruckers!!! That and I believe it was called Cozumel's is where I would go before games at the barn. Haven't been to the new rink yet.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
"Guests are allowed to BYOB up to a 6-pack of cans per person (21 years of age or older)."

:eek3:

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Anything near the arena for drinks/food. In from LA to watch the games.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
At the arena we have Belmont Hall, a beer hall with a pub grub menu. It opens at 4 PM ahead of a 7:30 faceoff and can get pretty crowded. Remember, the arena surroundings are still a work in progress.

If you have a rental car, I suggest the adjacent Floral Park neighborhood. Plenty of neighborhood bars and restaurants for pre-gaming. Only a 10 minute drive from UBS Arena.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I would advise against going to Belmont Hall in the arena. Service is terrible and you can barely breathe in there. It really depends where you're staying.

Like MJF said, the area is still under development so there's not much there. If you're staying on the Island, I have a few suggestions.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
I would advise against going to Belmont Hall in the arena. Service is terrible and you can barely breathe in there. It really depends where you're staying.

Like MJF said, the area is still under development so there's not much there. If you're staying on the Island, I have a few suggestions.
Staying at the st Regis at time Square soo, just leave later im assuming lol

Reactions: Skip To My Lou

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Thank you both, what time should I leave time Sq to get to the game on time

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Thank you both, what time should I leave time Sq to get to the game on time
5 minutes before you arrived at the cesspool known as Time Square. On a more serious note; with it being a 7:30 puck drop, you have 6 trains from leaving from Penn Stature between times of 5:10pm to 6:33pm that’ll get you there in time for puck drop. It all depends on how much time before you want to walk around/grab food/watch warmups.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
you can also bring some drinks on the train, as long as you're not being an asshole, no ones going to bother you.
It doesn't help for tonight's game, but once "The Park" is up and running in a few weeks they're going to have the beer garden between the rinks and also food trucks with "fan friendly prices". So if the weather's not bad you could get to the game early and even bring a few beers and hang out there. That could be a good cost-effective option. Hang with Shannon and Thomas. :)

Reactions: eoin92

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
i
Pass on that. However, the Garden City Hotel is in a great location with a lot of good bars and restaurants a short walk away, and the LIRR station is one block from the hotel.

I don't use Airbnb's but many have said that hotel prices in the NYC area are now competitive with Airbnb's and can be less in many cases.
The advantage of AIr BNB is that there is four of us...two adults and two kids...one 19 and one 15. So we kinda need three beds and two bedrooms at least. Which is where Air BNB comes into play. I checked out Garden City Hotel but that was no bueno. We've done the Manhattan thing before so quite keen on staying in a house on the island, we can commute to Manhattan when we feel like it. If we can get something for around $300AUD ($200US) per night we'll be happy. There are a few decent looking Air BNB houses for that near UBS. I don't expect the Ritz!
All advice accepted, no blame apportioned! lol

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
For those going to games from NYC is this the route most take?

NYC Penn Station >> Elmont NY Station via LIRR

When you arrive at the Elmont station do you walk to the arena OR do you take a shuttle bus? for the latter do you need to buy or a show a ticket for this trip?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
For those going to games from NYC is this the route most take?

NYC Penn Station >> Elmont NY Station via LIRR

When you arrive at the Elmont station do you walk to the arena OR do you take a shuttle bus? for the latter do you need to buy or a show a ticket for this trip?

Yeah, that's the route if you're coming from Manhattan, but the Elmont-UBS station is the stop no matter which direction you're coming from.

As far as walking vs. shuttle bus, for me it all depends on the circumstances. I live in the city, so I'm used to walking and don't mind doing so. But if the weather is shitty, I jump on the bus. It's free from the station to the arena so you don't have to buy or show anything to get on the bus.

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
Yeah, that's the route if you're coming from Manhattan, but the Elmont-UBS station is the stop no matter which direction you're coming from.

As far as walking vs. shuttle bus, for me it all depends on the circumstances. I live in the city, so I'm used to walking and don't mind doing so. But if the weather is shitty, I jump on the bus. It's free from the station to the arena so you don't have to buy or show anything to get on the bus.

Good stuff how early do the shuttles start and is this something offered generously by the Isles or the LIRR, I assume they only offer this to the arena and not on the way back.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Good stuff how early do the shuttles start and is this something offered generously by the Isles or the LIRR, I assume they only offer this to the arena and not on the way back.

Complimentary service back and forth. The bus is sweet, those luxury liners with comfy ass seats.

Reactions: dino26

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

I don't know how early exactly they start, but I've come off the train as early as 4:30 and they're already waiting to take people to the arena.

Reactions: SirJW and dino26

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Have to exchange something for a different size at team store. Aside from game days… anyone know when it’s open? Don’t wanna fight traffic just to return something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad