UBS Arena: Westbound and Down (or something like that)

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
Ok folks I am finally making it up for a game in UBS on 10/26 against Ottawa (Maybe I'll get to hear the Josh Bailey song in person lol) Bought tickets in 108 Row 25. Any advice for parking or should we just take the train? We'll be coming from Bellmore. What time do the doors open? I definitely want to get there early to soak it all in.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

MIkeBossyMVP

Sep 20, 2023
Ok folks I am finally making it up for a game in UBS on 10/26 against Ottawa (Maybe I'll get to hear the Josh Bailey song in person lol) Bought tickets in 108 Row 25. Any advice for parking or should we just take the train? We'll be coming from Bellmore. What time do the doors open? I definitely want to get there early to soak it all in.
From Bellmore...easiest to just drive. Train is too tough coming from the east south shore.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
From Bellmore...easiest to just drive. Train is too tough coming from the east south shore.
The only good train option from Bellmore is to drive to Hicksville and ride the train from there. May as well drive all the way to the arena.

Reactions: islesmb

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Take an Uber, if you plan on having drinks. Parking is at least $30, depending where you park. Uber will probably cost you $35 each way from bellmore.

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
The train is on the Ronkonkoma line so you'd have to go to Jamaica then back, so it makes more sense to drive. I usually find parking passes on Vivid Seats.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Looking at three weeks in NY in December 24-Jan 2025.
Been checking out places on Air BNB...and found a decent place in Baldwin.
Any thoughts on that area as a base? About an hour into Penn, which is not too bad, and not that far from UBS.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looking at three weeks in NY in December 24-Jan 2025.
Been checking out places on Air BNB...and found a decent place in Baldwin.
Any thoughts on that area as a base? About an hour into Penn, which is not too bad, and not that far from UBS.
Baldwin is not convenient to UBS Arena by train. From Baldwin you would have to take 2 trains there and 2 trains back to Baldwin. I would look for an AirBnB in one of the towns along the Hempstead, Ronkonkoma, or Port Jefferson Branch. Those lines have dorect service to Elmont-UBS as well as Penn Station and Grand Central.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Baldwin is not convenient to UBS Arena by train. From Baldwin you would have to take 2 trains there and 2 trains back to Baldwin. I would look for an AirBnB in one of the towns along the Hempstead, Ronkonkoma, or Port Jefferson Branch. Those lines have dorect service to Elmont-UBS as well as Penn Station and Grand Central.
Wss thinking we'd just cab it to UBS. Its no far at all from accom. And cab it to Baldwin train station to catch train to Manhattan. Is Baldwin a nice suburb?

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Wss thinking we'd just cab it to UBS. Its no far at all from accom. And cab it to Baldwin train station to catch train to Manhattan. Is Baldwin a nice suburb?
There's better places to be than Baldwin. I'm partial to the towns on the North Shore. It's all about perspective. I have champagne tastes, but I'm on a beer budget.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
There's better places to be than Baldwin. I'm partial to the towns on the North Shore. It's all about perspective. I have champagne tastes, but I'm on a beer budget.
Same here! Lol
Moat AirBNB on Long Island is very exxy
This one is quite teasonable

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013
These may be our seats from years past. Used to be in that row.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Anyone know if the Shops at Belmont next to the parking garage are open yet?

Also, anyone pregame at the Belmont yet? How was the service? First year it was good, last year it was awful.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Anyone know if the Shops at Belmont next to the parking garage are open yet?

Also, anyone pregame at the Belmont yet? How was the service? First year it was good, last year it was awful.
Shops are still under construction. It doesn’t look like they’ll be ready until next season. Have not been to Belmont hall.

Reactions: Big L

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
My opinion on UBS (since I went there last week)

PROS
-Very nice building, absolutely needed
-Even in the nosebleeds you had a good view of the game
-Concourse was very spacious, especially on the second level
-Isles Lab is a great team store, pricing aside
CONS
-Parking is absolutely dreadful
-The 8 minute walk from the lot to the stadium is terrible, and taking a shuttle bus is just as bad
-Food pricing is outrageous. I shouldn't be paying 30 dollars for fries and chicken
-45 dollars for parking is also outrageous
-Leaving the lot takes longer than a hockey period.

Besides that I had a good time. I think the best place to get in and out is still Prudential, but UBS is much nicer looking and isn't near a seedy area. However, I wish the isles got some development near UBS. A few bars and maybe that hotel plan would really make it easier to get to.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
CONS
-Parking is absolutely dreadful
-The 8 minute walk from the lot to the stadium is terrible, and taking a shuttle bus is just as bad
FWIW, in Philly there is some parking right next to the arena (most of which is VIP), but you'd better leave the game early to escape the lot. The smarter play is to park far away where most of the parking is, out past the 2 stadiums, and that walk is probably as far as the walk at UBS. So I don't know that the UBS walk is an exceptional thing compared with most arenas (NVMC excepted, especially when there were 7000 fans at a game).

BTW, the game I drove up to last year at UBS we got there early and I parked near the exit. Still, by the time we hoofed out to the car it was backed up some. We were doing the zipper merge as the lanes condensed, and some guy in a BMW SUV went out of turn and cut me off. After he was mostly past me I went around him and somehow there was this wormhole and I just kept going until I was the first car at the exit and zipped onto the Cross Island. It was like Moses was there with his staff and parted the sea of cars for me. But maybe that doesn't happen every time? :laugh:

Reactions: eoin92

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
It's usually pretty bad getting out of the Emerald lot, so best play besides getting to the car as fast as possible is to wait for a while til the commotion dies down.

The last time we went we drove to an LIRR station and took the train to UBS from there and it worked out pretty well.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I use the parking garage. Never a problem getting in or out.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
FWIW, in Philly there is some parking right next to the arena (most of which is VIP), but you'd better leave the game early to escape the lot. The smarter play is to park far away where most of the parking is, out past the 2 stadiums, and that walk is probably as far as the walk at UBS. So I don't know that the UBS walk is an exceptional thing compared with most arenas (NVMC excepted, especially when there were 7000 fans at a game).

BTW, the game I drove up to last year at UBS we got there early and I parked near the exit. Still, by the time we hoofed out to the car it was backed up some. We were doing the zipper merge as the lanes condensed, and some guy in a BMW SUV went out of turn and cut me off. After he was mostly past me I went around him and somehow there was this wormhole and I just kept going until I was the first car at the exit and zipped onto the Cross Island. It was like Moses was there with his staff and parted the sea of cars for me. But maybe that doesn't happen every time? :laugh:
I’ve been to a game in Philly as well. We took the train, it was at least ten years ago, but I think the walk from the train was just as far, if not further.

Reactions: doublechili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad