UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I really hope this beam is secure. When the helicopter attaches and brings the arena over to willets point, I don't want any of the fantastic work that was done to be ruined.
Don't give the mayor of Floral Park any ideas....

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
I really hope this beam is secure. When the helicopter attaches and brings the arena over to willets point, I don't want any of the fantastic work that was done to be ruined.

Talk about being paranoid.

Meanwhile

UBS Arena’s Air Solution Strategy Is Spearheading The Future Of NHL Hockey And Live Event Safety

'Justin Birnbaum

Oct 21, 2020,08:00am EDT

Oak View Group CEO Tim Leiweke had plenty to boast about on a media tour through the UBS Arena construction site at Belmont Park earlier this month. He pointed out the venue’s lower bowl, the largest in the NHL, and the clean sightlines, a far cry from the obstructed views of Barclays Center. On the upper concourse, however, he paused to highlight a less obvious feature — the venue’s air ventilation system.

The state-of-the-art unit is just one component of the nearly $1 billion arena, and a clear display of how the technology has progressed over the last decade. Newer venues like UBS give operators the ability to control temperature, humidity, and how much fresh air is pulled in from the outside, whether it’s a blistering day in July or a frigid night in February. It’s a valuable tool, but as Leiweke pointed out, it’s so much more in a world marred by the Covid-19 pandemic...'

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I know it's not going to be, but it almost looks like it will be a retractable roof. How cool would that be? The first retractable arena roof (as opposed to stadium).

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
This looks great and definitely promoting a very different experience and feel.

One hopes they continue to distance themselves from the campy Islanders/NVMC experience. Like, keep Billy Joel away from this place, including anything to do with opening the place.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

One hopes they continue to distance themselves from the campy Islanders/NVMC experience. Like, keep Billy Joel away from this place, including anything to do with opening the place.

Didn't they use him for the announcement and for the ground breaking? I'd love it if they stopped using him. There's just no reason for him to be a part of it.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Long Island has an identity crisis as evidenced that they don't know what to show off that would represent it other than Billy Joel.

Reactions: Throttle

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
And the vacuum urinals would then take the liquid waste to an ammonia processing unit where it would have alcohol added, turned into an aerosole and then spritzed over all fans during the game to kill coronavirus.
Bear Grylls approves

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York

Billy Joel is a Long Island LEGEND. He should absolutely be the first concert there - unless you want to bring Peppi marchello back from the dead and have the good rats play!

of course, Dream theater is available :)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Billy Joel is a Long Island LEGEND. He should absolutely be the first concert there - unless you want to bring Peppi marchello back from the dead and have the good rats play!

of course, Dream theater is available :)

His involvement in every major event for this team is ridiculous. It's not like he's at games any other time. End the madness.

Reactions: Strummergas and MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad