GDT: U18s - CAN/USA @ 7:30AM, RUS/SWE @ 11:30 AM

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Russians were leaving him open and focusing on Hughes. Who had all the goals in this game? Let him take a shot.

Also, while we’re criticizing the Americans, would anyone else here have pulled the goalie In the final 45 seconds with offensive zone face off to get all of USA elite players on the ice for a 5 on 3? Given the Russian goaltending, shootout was risky.
Caufield was to far out from the goal, they left him alone for a reason, the play would have had to have come from the York to Caufield the way the Russians clogged up te middle, he just wasn’t in a good spot to score and the Russians and his teammates knew it.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Canada has not had as much top end talent as the americans, swedes, and sometimes even fins the last few years. Might forecast future challenge for the mens team.

Does anyone think Canada will win against USA for the bronze?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I'd have no probs trading out pick this year. Really not overly impressed with this draft. Caufield is a rare talent scorer but hes 5'7.

I don't think Hughes, who's rated #1, is even gonna hit Matthew's level

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'd have no probs trading out pick this year. Really not overly impressed with this draft. Caufield is a rare talent scorer but hes 5'7.

I think the top 10 is widely considered to be one of the better one's in recent memory. You're getting a player who probably would go higher in previous drafts. Maybe not the Matthews/Dahlin level player but a deep top 10.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the top 10 is widely considered to be one of the better one's in recent memory. You're getting a player who probably would go higher in previous drafts. Maybe not the Matthews/Dahlin level player but a deep top 10.
Yeah I think the top 10-12 is really deep this year personally. I really like the US guys so I'm kind of hoping we take one of them, but I wouldn't be mad with a couple of the Canadian guys.

Reactions: McDoused

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I am not totally sold on Hughes as ultra elite at the top but the pack from Byram to Caufield feels pretty strong.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

I'm going to guess that Byram, Dach, and Turcotte are for sure off the board.

It looks like one of Cozens, Krebs, or Zegras would be available. All are fantastic picks. I'm not sure how you could look at them and go "they ain't shit, just trade the pick".

Caufield & Boldy are nice picks as well. Podkolzin worries me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad