U18: U18 WJC's Poprad & Spiska Nova Ves Slovakia April 13-23.2017.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
USA is a powerhouse.cant see sweden beating them

Yeah USA is U18 WJC powerhouse.
But in one game everything is possible.

Look what happen to USA last year in U18 WJC semifinal ( they lost for Finland).
So if Finland was able to beat USA last year so is Sweden this year.

Last edited:

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
Finland and Russia will be a game NOT to miss. Anyone's game.
US and Sweden, US should win it convincingly but if Sweden brings their A game, they could win.

I think the swedes advances to the final.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Yeah USA is U18 WJC powerhouse.
But in one game everything is possible.

Look what happen to USA last year in U18 WJC semifinal ( they lost for Finland).
So if Finland was able to beat USA last year so is Sweden this year.

Yeah and last year Americans had much better team than now. 50/50 game if you ask me.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The future of hockey now lies with American players. If you look at NHL rosters the increase in American players has been phenomenal and that will only increase.
Proof by assertion is not proof. 10 years ago there were 15 more Americans in the NHL than now with the same number of teams. 9 years ago there were 22 more Americans in the NHL than now, again with the same number of teams. 20 years ago there were less than .2 Americans fewer per team than today. If you're going to accuse someone of ineptitude please do more than eyeball figures.

As for the USA-Switzerland game today it was pretty good. We dominated the third period, great forecheck, backcheck, really penned them in their own zone and controlled everything. When the goals did come they felt like they had been a long time coming.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yeah and last year Americans had much better team than now. 50/50 game if you ask me.

I don't know what USA fans thinking about this.
But i hope Finland vs Sweden gold medal game the Nordic rivalries between Finland vs Sweden are always special games.

And of course the battle for top drafted European defenceman between Heiskanen and Liljegren intrigues me too.

menjek

Jan 6, 2011
We played finally pretty well, offensive hockey this tourney. I enjoyed it like i haven't since 15 years. However, whose ... decision was to put Sklenar in the goal. He was _terrible_ from the game one. Did Sklenar actually win any game? Isn't it Sklenar 3 gp 3 losses, Kostelny 2 gp 2 wins?

locodude

Apr 20, 2017
How so ? The disallowed goal was correct and there was no penalties late in third nor OT.

The goal should not have been disallowed. It is actually pretty obvious the scoring player was braking with his skates, trying to establish a good position to drive the puck into the goal. This way it is simply impossible to intentionally direct skates to send the puck in a desired direction. And the replays were clearly showing it. Fatal ref. mistake in such moment.

myzteriouz

Dec 4, 2011
so Finland is in the medal games, but I have yet to see the Finns score a goal when I started watching their games on the TV..I feel like the biggest jinxer...Against Slovakia, turn on the TV at 3-0 to Finns, Slovaks score 4 unanswered, and I turn the TV off, Finns win..turn the game on at 4-0 for Finns against Swiss, Swiss score the moment I put it on, I turn off straight away, Finns score right after..Latvia and Canada games I miss, but against Czechs I turn on when Finns lead 5-1...turn off at 5-4 cause I know how it's gonna end..so Finns' goal difference is 0 for, 8 against when I am watching, it is amazing really!
Emma be patriotic and not watch the semi final game, just to give Finland a fighting chance :P

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
The Canada game is hopefully a confidence boost for the Swedes. Although im sure the US defence will be much better than Canadas.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Kick goal

And where was the kicking motion? I am not here to cry about refs losing us the game, it was still tied, we could have won, but seriously, I did not see any kicking motion. Yeah, international refs seem to be stricter when it comes to kicking motion than NHL refs, but still...

jalperi

Feb 17, 2016
And where was the kicking motion? I am not here to cry about refs losing us the game, it was still tied, we could have won, but seriously, I did not see any kicking motion. Yeah, international refs seem to be stricter when it comes to kicking motion than NHL refs, but still...

I dont see it too. Good thing about that its nicer to beat Russia than Slovakia ;)

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I'm not exactly sure about the rules, but I don't think you actually need a kicking motion for it to be disallowed.

Trying to stop the puck with the skate is also an intentional play. And it looks to me that its what the Slovak player was trying to do, stop the puck with his skate and shoot it in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad