Prospect Info: U18 WJC 2023

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Yzerman's interview soon!
- Patience was mentioned.

- Young players need to be physically AND mentally ready first, before they can play in the NHL. Putting them in too soon will ruin the devopment.

- Young players play in the juniors, college or in Europe until they are ready to play in NHL or AHL. Decisions will be made at camp.

- Red Wings fans are good

- Atlantic division is tough. Montreal's rebuild is little bit ahead of ours. Detroit has many good young players, Yzerman icludes Larkin to that list.

- Button didn't ask anything about the draft or next year's team instead he asked, are young players today more keen or hungrier to get in the NHL earlier than they were before. Yzerman's answer was quite cryptic "players have more access to information today but it's often false information"

Reactions: David D and lilidk

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
As usual , didn't say anything
441fd840-7fed-40b6-b9de-28012ae5411c_text.gif

Reactions: lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Stevie was there, it was mentioned again during the game.

Leonard impressed me, doing all the little things right. Real swiss army knife-type player, it would be intresting to see how he would play as a center. Right handed center is what Red Wings are really is missing, Leonard would fit very well in Detroit's system.

Danny Nelson's story was intresting, he started as a defenseman, then he became a winger and now he's a center. Nice utility player.

Before the USA - Norway game, i watched Czechia - Germany. Sale kept doing Sale things, Adam Jecho was noticeable. Big right handed winger, quite mobile and was on the puck often, he did many zone entries. Vojtech Vochvest is a nasty kid, next Gudas but doesn't take much penalties.

Leonard is a right winger. Not a center. Won’t play center in the NHL unless it’s a situation like Fabbri a couple of seasons ago and we’re desperate.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
- Patience was mentioned.

- Young players need to be physically AND mentally ready first, before they can play in the NHL. Putting them in too soon will ruin the devopment.

- Young players play in the juniors, college or in Europe until they are ready to play in NHL or AHL. Decisions will be made at camp.

- Red Wings fans are good

- Atlantic division is tough. Montreal's rebuild is little bit ahead of ours. Detroit has many good young players, Yzerman icludes Larkin to that list.

- Button didn't ask anything about the draft or next year's team instead he asked, are young players today more keen or hungrier to get in the NHL earlier than they were before. Yzerman's answer was quite cryptic "players have more access to information today but it's often false information"
I don't think he said Montreal is ahead of us, just that they should be included in the conversation with us Buffalo and Ottawa.

Reactions: David D

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Willander has impressed me quite a bit so far in the 1st period against Czechia. physical, mobile, and good defending the rush.

Reactions: SantosHalper

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Hrabal is such an impressive goalie. Always in the right position and never panics.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hrabal is such an impressive goalie. Always in the right position and never panics.
He cratered pretty hard in the USHL down the stretch. Believe he was benched. Will be curious to see where he gets picked.

I think I like Fowler and Ratzlaff, as far as goalies go.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Not sure about Moore hockey iq , I don't think he good for 1st line center
I struggled with his decision-making all year. Not a fan but he has fantastic skating + hands combo which are good tools to start with, and he hustles well, but there's a lot of work to be done between the ears in my opinion.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I struggled with his decision-making all year. Not a fan but he has fantastic skating + hands combo which are good tools to start with, and he hustles well, but there's a lot of work to be done between the ears in my opinion.
I agree. I think the tools make him at least top 9 winger. He'll need to get more creative if he wants to be more than that though.

Reactions: Realgud

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Probably our target for #9 should between Dvorsky and Yager . I doubt Smith will be available .

Reactions: David D

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Probably our target for #9 should between Dvorsky and Yager . I doubt Smith will be available .
I'm closing in on those two as well. Yager is an easy projection to be a 30g 30a center now that he's developed his playmaking side, I think his goal scoring is something he'll find again. Dvorsky is highly skilled and more phyiscal than I thought initially, and is involved on both ends of the ice.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I'm closing in on those two as well. Yager is an easy projection to be a 30g 30a center now that he's developed his playmaking side, I think his goal scoring is something he'll find again. Dvorsky is highly skilled and more phyiscal than I thought initially, and is involved on both ends of the ice.
Also at this point I'm comfortable taking Perreault top 10. He's something special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad