Prospect Info: U18 WJC 2023

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just like that Sweden is up 5-0. Little Dower-Nilsson with a goal. Sandin Pelikka looks pretty good in this game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yup Little DN is kinda like his brother, slightly more skilled but same attitude.
Looks better to me. Also might already be bigger?

My boy ASP is playing well, for first time i hope Yzerman budge from size preference.
I was kind of skeptical on him bc I was not sure he has a stand-out trait, but he looks good in this game. I might have to move him up a bit.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Looks better to me. Also might already be bigger?

I was kind of skeptical on him bc I was not sure he has a stand-out trait, but he looks good in this game. I might have to move him up a bit.

NDN is a better skater than LDN. Very similar as players.

Still a hard pass on ASP.

Reactions: Realgud

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yup Little DN is kinda like his brother, slightly more skilled but same attitude. My boy ASP is playing well, for first time i hope Yzerman budge from size preference.

What comes to Yzerman's size thing with defencemen:

4th round - RD Anton Johansson, 6'4 (my god this kid has grown... his old measurements were 6'0)
5th round - LD Tnias Mathurin, 6'3
1st round - LD Simon Edvinsson, 6'6
2nd round - LD Shai Buium, 6'3
5th round - RD Oscar Plandowski, 6'0 (not developing well)
2nd round - LD William Wallinder, 6'4
3rd round - LD Donovan Sebrango, 6'1
3rd round - LD Eemil Viro, 6'0
1st round - RD Moritz Seider, 6'4
2nd round - RD Antti Tuomisto, 6'5
2nd round - LD Albert Johansson, 6'0

Never gone after a smaller defenceman before 3rd round or end of 2nd (Johansson highest pick at #60) Viro is the smallest drafted on Yzerman-era.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
What comes to Yzerman's size thing with defencemen:

4th round - RD Anton Johansson, 6'4 (my god this kid has grown... his old measurements were 6'0)
5th round - LD Tnias Mathurin, 6'3
1st round - LD Simon Edvinsson, 6'6
2nd round - LD Shai Buium, 6'3
5th round - RD Oscar Plandowski, 6'0 (not developing well)
2nd round - LD William Wallinder, 6'4
3rd round - LD Donovan Sebrango, 6'1
3rd round - LD Eemil Viro, 6'0
1st round - RD Moritz Seider, 6'4
2nd round - RD Antti Tuomisto, 6'5
2nd round - LD Albert Johansson, 6'0

Never gone after a smaller defenceman before 3rd round or end of 2nd (Johansson highest pick at #60) Viro is the smallest drafted on Yzerman-era.
Im well aware it, same thing was in Tampa.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There's something there with this Rasmus Kumpulainen kid. Hopefully we give him a look in the middle rounds. 6'2 200 lb center with some offense. Pretty young for this draft class.

Reactions: wings95

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wood probably will be top 10 this draft. He seems like main puck carrier on team Canada. I don't think I like Cristall or Barlow to draft at 9. Stenberg looks good for our second first .

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Wood probably will be top 10 this draft. He seems like main puck carrier on team Canada. I don't think I like Cristall or Barlow to draft at 9. Stenberg looks good for our second first .
Agreed, Ritchie seems like he's always in control of the ice as well. Like I noticed him doing a bunch of little things, and then you check the box score and he had 4 points. He wasnt trying to do everything by himself like some of the other players. Now, in Cristall and Barlows defense, they seem awfully snake bit, they are all over the puck, just cant put it away. Still, they are falling to that spot between 9 and 18 to me.

Reactions: Realgud and lilidk

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Agreed, Ritchie seems like he's always in control of the ice as well. Like I noticed him doing a bunch of little things, and then you check the box score and he had 4 points. He wasnt trying to do everything by himself like some of the other players. Now, in Cristall and Barlows defense, they seem awfully snake bit, they are all over the puck, just cant put it away. Still, they are falling to that spot between 9 and 18 to me.
One of my favourite in this draft. Ritchie has been super underrated because of his poor production in the OHL but when you watch there isn't much to dislike... he's smooth, skilled, mature and really freaking smart. I just couldn't drop him out of my top 10. My biggest issue with him is his lack of effort in some situations and that could explain his low production as he doesn't seem to push the play very often and he also doesn't hustle too hard to loose pucks and often lose these battles, he's mostly just content playing a mature 2 way game, even against lower competition. But right now you could put him in the middle of good wingers and he'll rack up points at any level, and that's what he does at the international level. I'm glad to see him do well again.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Stevie was there, it was mentioned again during the game.

Leonard impressed me, doing all the little things right. Real swiss army knife-type player, it would be intresting to see how he would play as a center. Right handed center is what Red Wings are really is missing, Leonard would fit very well in Detroit's system.

Danny Nelson's story was intresting, he started as a defenseman, then he became a winger and now he's a center. Nice utility player.

Before the USA - Norway game, i watched Czechia - Germany. Sale kept doing Sale things, Adam Jecho was noticeable. Big right handed winger, quite mobile and was on the puck often, he did many zone entries. Vojtech Vochvest is a nasty kid, next Gudas but doesn't take much penalties.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Stevie was there, it was mentioned again during the game.

Leonard impressed me, doing all the little things right. Real swiss army knife-type player, it would be intresting to see how he would play as a center. Right handed center is what Red Wings are really is missing, Leonard would fit very well in Detroit's system.

Danny Nelson's story was intresting, he started as a defenseman, then he became a winger and now he's a center. Nice utility player.

Before the USA - Norway game, i watched Czechia - Germany. Sale kept doing Sale things, Adam Jecho was noticeable. Big right handed winger, quite mobile and was on the puck often, he did many zone entries. Vojtech Vochvest is a nasty kid, next Gudas but doesn't take much penalties.
Perreault with a hat trick in that game he was there for… nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad