Prospect Info: U18 WJC 2023

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Steve and Kris ain't vacationing in Switzerland, in afternoon they were in Ajoie watching Slovakia - Canada. Now they are in Basel watching Finland- USA.

It's pretty short distances in Switzerland.

Only 55min drive (32 miles) between those two Towns tournament is played.

It's like from Detroit to Ann Arbor or something.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
What is wrong with Canada?
Canadian players are often overhyped aside from real stars. This team would be different with Bedard and few other guys.

That's why it is often safer to go for Europeans or US players when drafting in 4-15 spots. We basically see that with Yzerman's choices - Raymond, Seider, Kasper over Savoie, etc.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
This goalie (Hrabal) for Czechia is terrible.

Andrew Gibson is opening my eyes. What a beast he looks like out there. By far the best defensemen for Canada.

This game is confirming my priors on Cal Ritchie and Riley Heidt.
These guys both look very meh…. Probably going to be JAGs (Just another guy) at the next level.
Hopefully we take shots on higher upside guys.

Canada up 7-2 and has been the better team.
But should be closer. Canada’s goalie has played well and Czechia’s not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
This goalie (Hrabal) for Czechia is terrible.

Andrew Gibson is opening my eyes. What a beast he looks like out there. By far the best defensemen for Canada.

This game is confirming my priors on Cal Ritchie and Riley Heidt.
These guys both look very meh…. Probably going to be JAGs (Just another guy) at the next level.
Hopefully we take shots on higher upside guys.

Canada up 7-2 and has been the better team.
But should be closer. Canada’s goalie has played well and Czechia’s not so much.
Strange, I liked Hrabal against Sweden. Shows how hard it is to scout Goalies, especially when they're inconsistent.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Dvorsky hasn't set sky on fire but he's had more than solid tournament. His defensive game has already proven to be very good and it's only gets better with age. Dvorsky has a good shot and his passes are hard, and accurate. Dvorsky is not "Ras"-massive but uses the size very well when protecting the puck, and his reach as well, quite strong already. Not fast but often seems to be in the right place, at the right time. I haven't seen much creativity but he plays very safe game, he just might not take unnecessary risks with puck. I would not be surprised if he's high in Detroit's list, not the most sexy pick but safe.
-----------------------------
Quarterfinals tomorrow!

USA - Czechia
Finland - Slovakia
Canada - Switzerland
Sweden - Latvia

Reactions: Crunchy

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Weak short side goals and very shakey glove hand. They’ve pulled him now… but there were some ugly ones.
Hrabal was solid all tournament aside from game against Canada. Sale was best player on the ice(from both teams) by far and despite total blowout he was extremely impressive. I like how he is primarily playmaker, but since his only option is to pass to guys who cant shoot for shickles he just scores himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
USA walked through Slovakia with ease.

Will Smith had a massive game.
Oliver Moore looked so slick and strong on the puck. Moore generates speed and burst so quickly. Very Impressed with his skating and game in general today.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I respect the hell out of this Swedish team. No elite talent but they play such a solid team game. Willander and Edstrom are having great games.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Otto Stenberg is some kind of player. Clear standout in this semi final with Canada. Just a strong all around player with great offensive talents.

Liking him more and more as an option at 19.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickH8

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
He's really good. Too many people (me included) cooled on him for struggling in the SHL. This tournament is a reminder that it's hard to perform against adults and this kid is Uber talented.
Strange, I personally thought he looked good in the SHL in a limited role but looked bad at the J20 level whenever I watched him. He's always good in international tournaments though.

Reactions: wingerdinger

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
The right teams are at the finals, amazing gold medal game ahead.

Slovaks takes the bronze, canadians lost their marbles at the semifinal and they have less time to prepare for the bronze medal game. Slovakia will also have more hunger, their last medal was won 20 years ago. And last year Slovakia played in division 1A tournament, it's going to be a huge rise for them.

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022

Slovaks takes the bronze, canadians lost their marbles at the semifinal and they have less time to prepare for the bronze medal game. Slovakia will also have more hunger, their last medal was won 20 years ago. And last year Slovakia played in division 1A tournament, it's going to be a huge rise for them.
And Canada lost their goalie.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Come on , Canada sucks, but not that sucks.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Canada wins Bronze in OT.
Wood and Gibson had strong games for Canada

Exciting game and finish. Mac Celebrini with a picturesque OT Winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00