U18 Discussion Thread

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Again, no one here, except for maybe one or two weirdos, likes Cozens.

We do not give a crap about how he's playing.

Guess I’m a weirdo then lol.

Edit: Not advocating for him at #3, but if he fell to #8 or #9 and I’m picking there, I absolutely take a chance on him there.

Last edited:

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Turcotte has had a strong two way tournament. He definitely has focused more on away from the puck the last two games, he took every big draw, was on every big pk - he literally was the guy out there in all the big moments to shutdown the opposition. His offense has been strong but like Caufield and Hughes, but his overall game has been nothing but impressive for me.

He also didn’t have consistent linemates if I recall correctly. Hughes had Caufield and sometimes Boldy or Zegras. Turcotte had Zegras for a game or two and I think Boldy for a game or two. 8 points in 6 games is pretty solid especially considering who he was playing with and the role he played. He’s definitely still in the conversation at #3, but Byram has once again overtaken him in my rankings.

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
my quick 2 cents, Turcotte, love his skating, especially his edgework, his puck handling, his competitiveness, and how heads up he always seems to be. that being said, theres a big difference between Hughes and him. People talk about his great 2 way play, but ive seen him last man back, without much hustle at all. not talking kessel like here, but its a concern
Cozens has all the tools, very active in the play, but has spezza like brain farts with the puck. I can see why people question his hockey sense, still could be a very good player, but his decision making needs to improve
Caufield if Edmonton gets him, hes a 50 goal scorer, and that changes everything for the oilers, im guessing this tournament is going to raise his stock by quite a bit

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
my quick 2 cents, Turcotte, love his skating, especially his edgework, his puck handling, his competitiveness, and how heads up he always seems to be. that being said, theres a big difference between Hughes and him. People talk about his great 2 way play, but ive seen him last man back, without much hustle at all. not talking kessel like here, but its a concern
Cozens has all the tools, very active in the play, but has spezza like brain farts with the puck. I can see why people question his hockey sense, still could be a very good player, but his decision making needs to improve
Caufield if Edmonton gets him, hes a 50 goal scorer, and that changes everything for the oilers, im guessing this tournament is going to raise his stock by quite a bit
Might be lingering effects of the mono. That said, he does the same things Toews does. Front of net, boards both very strong. Puck retrieval. He’s skilled but still does the dirty work for the line. Toews clone but more skilled? Is that enough to take him over Byram?

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007

Podkolzin with a great effort to bring Russia within one. Ended up counting.

~Watching him this game, I was wondering why he was playing so passive, its the gold medal game, do something, and then he scores this rick nash type goal, similar to his highlight reel goals. we can see what hes capable of, but do you want to pick someone 3rd who doesn't bring it every shift. I love high end skill, but you need drive to go along with it. will be interested in seeing how he plays in the 3rd period

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Podkolzin with a great effort to bring Russia within one. Ended up counting.

This is almost every single Podkolzin goal. He's a one trick pony. I'd like to see him try that on Chara or Byfuglien. Kid will get decimated.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is almost every single Podkolzin goal. He's a one trick pony. I'd like to see him try that on Chara or Byfuglien. Kid will get decimated.

This is not remotely accurate.

Maybe you are exaggerating again but Pods is a complete player. If you don’t want him at 3 that is fine but lying (one trick pony) to try to justify it just stupid.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is there any chance Caufield enters discussion for 3rd pick
Only if you believe he's superior to DeBrincat. In a redraft DeBrincat goes somewhere between 3-6. If you don't believe Caufield can be better, then he's not worthy of a 3rd.

Of course even if you believe he's superior to DeBrincat, he's no Bowen Byram...

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Cozens had a nice spin move to avoid a defender before passing it down low to Newhook who passed it back to Cozens for a goal against USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad