WJC: U.S. WJC Team (Roster Post #486)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
And he was supposed to and was going to be invited to the second camp but had a knee injury...

Is he better then Coyle? He was drafted ahead of him, is about 3"+ bigger and still growing. Admit that Coyle is an elite player and a great addition. Keep in mind though that Hayes and Coyle played together for many years in Boston and Hayes was always the better player. When all is said and done, I would bet he will be again. He will be better then Rocco and Bjugstad by next December. He was a late puberty kid where the other 3 were not. USA hockey also picked the D this year and is always political.

Hayes will be a top 3 line at worst and will be on the PP. As will Coyle. I have a gut feeling that the Chicago Blackhawks and their absurdly talented scouting staff have a better clue then the literal hacks from natl dev program and USA hockey./ They had watched both Coyle and hayes many times and had the chance to take Coyle but instead took hayes. I will go with their assesment any day. If we based our valuations on what those fools thought, we would all be heading to the next Jim Jones convention.

Not a slight on Coyle as he is a world class player and top line/PP guy. It is not Hayes vs him. But Hayes will be there with him, as might Billy Arnold who is coming along very well at BC and fits a role the dearly need.

though the Hawks scouting seems to get it more times then not, we all did a "WTF" when they picked Kevin Hayes with some other very talented players still around. Hayes hasnt destroyed the NCAA yet, but given the program he plays for the ice time he gets, I would say he has done good so far.

I have Hayes making this team next year for a simple few reasons. The kid is big, and I mean solid; and he actually has skills to go along with that frame. He is nearly 6'5 currently, and I am going out on a limb and say he is going to get bigger for next year as well....I would imagine more muscle to go with his frame.

He is a creative offensive talent as well, and could be an absolute beast along the boards. There isnt much not to like about Hayes in all honesty. He may never be a 70 point scorer in the NHL, but I have to believe he will make it to the pros without much problems.

The one name you did mention to keep an eye on is Billy Arnold. I was probably his biggest backer on these boards last year. I absolutely loved his heart, team play, and physicality. The kid has a heart of Gold, and will do whatever is asked of himself. He is another 200lb plus power forward that will need to be looked at often as his snarl and grit will be much needed next season.

There is a lot of power forwards that could make this team next season: Ambroz, Saad, Miller, Biggs, Jacobs, Noesen, Arnold, Hayes, Lucia, Lane, Watson, etc. this has the makings to be the biggest core of forwards ever assembled in USA Hockey history.

rangersfan212

Jun 18, 2010
The Island
though the Hawks scouting seems to get it more times then not, we all did a "WTF" when they picked Kevin Hayes with some other very talented players still around. Hayes hasnt destroyed the NCAA yet, but given the program he plays for the ice time he gets, I would say he has done good so far.

I have Hayes making this team next year for a simple few reasons. The kid is big, and I mean solid; and he actually has skills to go along with that frame. He is nearly 6'5 currently, and I am going out on a limb and say he is going to get bigger for next year as well....I would imagine more muscle to go with his frame.

He is a creative offensive talent as well, and could be an absolute beast along the boards. There isnt much not to like about Hayes in all honesty. He may never be a 70 point scorer in the NHL, but I have to believe he will make it to the pros without much problems.

The one name you did mention to keep an eye on is Billy Arnold. I was probably his biggest backer on these boards last year. I absolutely loved his heart, team play, and physicality. The kid has a heart of Gold, and will do whatever is asked of himself. He is another 200lb plus power forward that will need to be looked at often as his snarl and grit will be much needed next season.

There is a lot of power forwards that could make this team next season: Ambroz, Saad, Miller, Biggs, Jacobs, Noesen, Arnold, Hayes, Lucia, Lane, Watson, etc. this has the makings to be the biggest core of forwards ever assembled in USA Hockey history.

the ones who matter didnt say "WTF" when they picked him there

he was a great pick and blackhawks were thrilled with it

good points by you......

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Are you sure he is 6'5? Everywhere I look he's listed at 6'2, I remember him being 6'2 on draft day and that seems like quite alot of height to add in a short amount of time for an 18 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad