U.S. National Team Part VII

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
I'm sick of this clown. His arrogance is unbearable. Should've lost his job well over a year ago. Any other country would've canned him much sooner.

He is such a charlatan. Ugh. I bet Sunil won't fire him.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
If it is Bruce Arena, does he bring LD on as an assistant coach to mentor him to take over for him?

Maybe he'd hire him as an assistant, but I see no way that LD takes over for Arena, nor should he. Arena is only here to right the ship and get us to Russia, after that, Gulati is certainly going to want someone with experience for the 2022 cycle.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I have no idea why it took so long for you Americans to see Klinsmann is nothing but an imposter. At least you got it now. Better times are coming.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Galaxy fan in me is seriously bummed about likely losing Bruce...but nation trumps club, and thank the powers that be that it finally happened.

Get the **** out and never show your face here again, Jürgen.

Sep 19, 2008
Ramos or pareja would do. Raise a young American legend to bring some respectability back to this program

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I could be way off, but my guess is Arena till 2018 then they try to go foreign route again, although that seems to be toxic now. But I can see them making a play at least for somebody like Bielsa, Pekerman if they are interested. Hiddink is already too old imo

In terms of domestic coaches, I'd like either Vermes or Marsch, the one problem with Marsch however is he has no 'Plan B' if things aren't working

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Ramos or pareja would do. Raise a young American legend to bring some respectability back to this program

Pareja is fine, Ramos absolutely not. But either way, Arena is here through Russia then we'll hire a guy like Pareja or someone like that. Arena has the experience to get us through the Hex and that's all we need to focus on right now. Screw a plan, play style, the future and whatnot right now, the objective is to qualify for Russia and who cares how it's done.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Any positives from firing of Jurgen are offset with hiring of Arena. I hope that isnt true. Use this opportunity to take the team in a new direction, not 10+ years in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad