U-18 Tournament Talk (4-18 - 4/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
His decision making when he's QBing bothers me. He takes bad shots constantly instead of moving it to an open player. He's a strong passer but he's not a strong shooter.

Not at 15 for me.
He's not a good passer either. I mean, he does routine passes but he's not the kind of guy that is going to put up 40+ assists, he's not a special playmaker.

Now THAT is an elite passer. He just does it over and over and over again with the no look passes.

Imagine Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Gallagher being open for those shots over and over ? Boom, instant top 10 PP.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He's not a good passer either. I mean, he does routine passes but he's not the kind of guy that is going to put up 40+ assists, he's not a special playmaker.

Now THAT is an elite passer. He just does it over and over and over again with the no look passes.

Imagine Suzuki/Kotkaniemi/Gallagher being open for those shots over and over ? Boom, instant top 10 PP.
You just like arguing about mancrushes lol

If you don't think York is an elite passer, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: Acadien86

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You just like arguing about mancrushes lol

If you don't think York is an elite passer, I don't know what to tell you.
I mean, when is the last time weve seen a cross-ice set up from him ? When's the last time he's opened up a lane for himself with his own moves? When's the last time he beat a defender to make a pass ?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Forget who it was, wasn't Boldy or another big name guy. But it was a ridiculous bardown snipe that went crossbar to goalline and then bounced out. But Brink set him up perfectly and has just been buzzing around.

Just scored on a beauty pass from Boldy actually.

Including Brink there are 14 guys who I really want.

Reactions: Andrei79

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I mean, when is the last time weve seen a cross-ice set up from him ? When's the last time he's opened up a lane for himself with his own moves? When's the last time he beat a defender to make a pass ?
You have to take into account the team he's on. It's like the exact opposite situation of Broberg last year where Broberg had noone up front.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Forget who it was, wasn't Boldy or another big name guy. But it was a ridiculous bardown snipe that went crossbar to goalline and then bounced out. But Brink set him up perfectly and has just been buzzing around.

Just scored on a beauty pass from Boldy actually.

Was Fensore. Another one who is really impressing me this tourny.

He plays better than York IMO. He's like a Mete with better offense.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No Cozens? Bold.

I wasn't kidding when I said I wouldn't draft him at 15.

He's a guy who has what it takes, physically, to play in the NHL. Easily and without question. But there isn't a single poster that I can think of who will go to bat for his hockey IQ. At 15 I wish him the best of luck figuring out what role he will play at the NHL level with some other team.

I've actually eased off on hockey I.Q. concerns for several prospects once I realized that I was labelling a lot of kids stupid who didn't deserve it. Well, yes, they're stupid, they're 17/18. But Cozens' play irritates me in a unique way that I think is going to be difficult to fix. Broberg, for example, does nothing that is particularly intelligent besides his 1 on 1 defence. But that doesn't mean he has bad hockey I.Q. Cozens' 1 on 3 rush, with an open passing option and a delayed penalty against Switzerland though? I've seen him do something like that a number of times and most of the time when he's not doing something like that, he's just irrelevant.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I mean, they're not in a finalized order. It's not a list, it's a bunch of names.

Lol, a prospect lister who's evolved :P, how interesting , cant get in trouble in the future without the hindsight of numbering lol

But i commend it, numbering is what leads to the massive squabbles in the first place...

The focus of this whole thing should be exactly that, a GROUP of players, once you start narrowing it down to a single one without any give, well then where's the healthy debate

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How would you tier it lol

tenor.gif

There are 14 tiers.

Lol, a prospect lister who's evolved :P, how interesting , cant get in trouble in the future without the hindsight of numbering lol

But i commend it, numbering is what leads to the massive squabbles in the first place...

I'll be posting a numbered list, but like...right before the draft after the U18, combine, playoffs are finished etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad