U-18 Tournament Talk (4-18 - 4/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, this is essentially my assessment of him as well. But I just have no confidence that we'll get that player out of him. First, there's the fact that you'll have to explain to him that he has to be effective in a more limited role. He clearly sees himself as a future 1C, and star. You're going to have to get him to accept that he's going to have to be Chris Kreider. Then there's the fact that he hasn't been doing that for his entire hockey career. Then there's the fact that he's obviously a little dim.

I don't say that there's no player to be had in Cozens.
Cozens gives me 'meh’ vibes and I left it at that but I like this assessment even if it’s over the top.

—————-

I wonder if Cozens is on some heavy painkillers. He could of been hit twice this game and it was like he was unaware of the danger he was in.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotProkofievian

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Huge fan of Légaré, I think the Habs grab him mid 2nd round... Bjornfot would be another very good middle pick...

Would be extremmely happy with either Heinola or Broberg at 15...

He won't be available when we pick in the second round.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You have to be blind to not see the upside this kid has...

He has upside but he's not gonna score these goals at the next level and you'd kind of like to see him look up and make a play to someone else to create offense. Can't just head directly for the net as a D man every time.

I think the questions about his IQ offensively are warranted. Tools wise he's a monster.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
How you can watch Broberg and Heinola and come to the conclusion that they are interchangeable is beyond comprehension.

Similar 2D upside with totally different skill sets. If you think both have a skill set that can develop into a similar outcome, it would make sense that they be ranked closely. If we're measuring the two in this tournament, Broberg has shown up consistently and played smart, efficient hockey - his upside is pretty obvious even if he is a little raw. On the other hand, Heinola really hasn't risen to the occasion or done much to change his value.

Pretty simple.... but maybe beyond comprehension for *some* ;)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Wow, what a such display of low IQ hockey Podkolzin is offering!! Im not sure if I should laugh or feel bad for him...

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
My gut feeling is that Broberg won't even be available at 15 anyways. A team will fall in love with the potential, especially considering he's one of the youngest players at the top of this Draft Class.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope we could get Brandon Davidson this summer. And draft Thomas Harley.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Spence is so underrated. Id take him with a 2nd without hesitation. Best IQ of all Canadian dman this tourney imo. Great one timer too..

Reactions: Yoshidas Island

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would have thought Poulin would have shown us more than what he did so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad