Prospect Info: Tyson Kozak, F (193rd overall, 2021) -- SIGNED to 3-year ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Two more goals in an 8-3 Winterhawk win. That's now 28 goals (16th) and 62 points (18th) without giving up his strong d-zone play.

Have to admit, if this is the work Adams and his staff can do... I'm kind of excited about the future.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His drafts so far are looking good. Pretty much the only prospect not making a huge leap in development is Poltapov

Kisakov was kind of slumping for a while as well. That said, Kozak has shown a bundle that wasn't in any of the scouting guides I read on him or recall from any Portland viewings last year. They have to be pleased.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Typical solid night for Kozak last night - 5 shots, the goal, some prickly play in high traffic areas. Granted, they couldn't overcome the Royals use of "Brass Bonanza" as their goal song and Portland fell, 5-3.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
It's funny when people say late picks don't matter.

Generally they don’t. I have a feeling the 2021 draft is going to have a lot of “how did they get picked so late” guys.

The OHL didn’t have a season. The WHL had a short ~25 game season. The QMJHL had a shorter season than normal. There was no playoffs, which is where players really start to rise or fall in rankings, for any of those leagues.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Generally they don’t. I have a feeling the 2021 draft is going to have a lot of “how did they get picked so late” guys.

The OHL didn’t have a season. The WHL had a short ~25 game season. The QMJHL had a shorter season than normal. There was no playoffs, which is where players really start to rise or fall in rankings, for any of those leagues.

The point remains - taking zero swings guarantees no results.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Pretty accurate considering most of the CHL junior leagues played less than a third of games.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

What difference does it make, the more choices you have, the better. You can pick a player there, especially if you have great scouting, you can move in the draft with that pick, like Adams did with Peterka. I think the more picks you have, the better.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Finished the WHL season 33rd overall in scoring with a 32-37-69 stat line in 66 games. Portland faces Prince George to open the playoffs.
Notably, he was also captain of memorial cup favorite Portland while getting all of the toughest matchups. Kozak and Bloom tick a lot of the same boxes for me and represent guys who are truly two-way, 120 foot forwards. Great job by GMJK :sarcasm:, I mean Kevyn.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Notably, he was also captain of memorial cup favorite Portland while getting all of the toughest matchups. Kozak and Bloom tick a lot of the same boxes for me and represent guys who are truly two-way, 120 foot forwards. Great job by GMJK :sarcasm:, I mean Kevyn.

Kozak's a guy who I think people who like muckers are going to really like. He's pointy and gets into hard areas of the ice. The main drawback is his height. The last news article I read on him has him at 170 lbs:

He's smol, but he haz compeetz.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've watched that video a couple of times and I still don't understand how that goal went in.

:huh:

What I thought was the guy wins the draw into his own net.

Edit - in clearer English, the Everett player won the draw through the defenseman and into his net.

Reactions: Ehran

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not scoresheet dominant in the first round, but he was all over the highlights for just about every game (in a good way). The Western Conference is waiting to see how things re-seed for round 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad