Player Discussion Tyson Jost [claimed off waivers from Minnesota]

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

SmartSelect_20240202_184024_Chrome.jpg

Yet, since being demoted, Jost has found success with the Rochester Americans. In 11 games with the AHL club thus far, he has two goals to go along with 10 points. He also has been heating up as of late, as he had a three-assist night against the Laval Rocket on Jan. 27.

With Jack Quinn now out for eight weeks, the Sabres are in a position to call up a forward from the AHL. Given Jost's play since his demotion, he may warrant some consideration. This is especially so if the Sabres want to call up an experienced player rather than one of their top prospects.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Would love to see a potentially rejuvenated Jost centering the 4th line while Krebs is bumped up tot he third line between Cozens and Peterka. I know everyone is down on Krebs and for good reason, but I still would like to see what he can with more offensively minded line mates before we discard him for scraps.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Would love to see a potentially rejuvenated Jost centering the 4th line while Krebs is bumped up tot he third line between Cozens and Peterka. I know everyone is down on Krebs and for good reason, but I still would like to see what he can with more offensively minded line mates before we discard him for scraps.
Why not just find a real 4th line center? When is the last time this team had a real 4th line center? The 4th line is always some cobbled together garbage. Real teams have real 4th lines that are built with purpose.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Why not just find a real 4th line center? When is the last time this team had a real 4th line center? The 4th line is always some cobbled together garbage. Real teams have real 4th lines that are built with purpose.
Good luck finding one of those midseason with out giving up massive assets since a player like that will be coveted by teams actually in the playoff hunt.

Reactions: slip

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Good luck finding one of those midseason with out giving up massive assets since a player like that will be coveted by teams actually in the playoff hunt.
Is that what I said? This season is over.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Sabres tried already
Should Murray or Biro or Rousek get a shot?
Jost not part of future. Not sure these guys are either but shouldn’t they get a longer shot before they walk?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Is that what I said? This season is over.
The post you replied to seemed to pretty clearly be talking about filling the roster spot that Quinn left from getting hurt, hence why he talked shifting Cozens to the wing in Quinn's spot. We need to plug that hole now which is why Gras said good luck getting one midseason, because any off season changes are irrelevant right now.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
The post you replied to seemed to pretty clearly be talking about filling the roster spot that Quinn left from getting hurt, hence why he talked shifting Cozens to the wing in Quinn's spot. We need to plug that hole now which is why Gras said good luck getting one midseason, because any off season changes are irrelevant right now.
I don't care who finishes out the season in any role on the team. It matters not the season is lost. But I'm not into welcoming back players who don't know their role. He needs to away in the offseason. Jost came into the season thinking he was a lock. The effort level even in preseason was no were near last season or where it should be for a tweeter. He should've been cut to start the year to send a message.

And what should happen with this roster is almost universally the opposite of what does happen. So I suppose we'll be seeing Jost back in line up soon.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
In a perfect world yes. In the real world we gotta make do with the assets on hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad