Tyson Barrie

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
That was by far one of of the weirdest "call outs" I've seen on these boards. Like an old man going on a political rant on Facebook.

It's always fun when someone acts like the words they type onto the internet are somehow going to "destroy" someone.

Honestly though, that rant was like a parody of an angry person on the internet. It was glorious and I'm sad it's gone.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Dammit. Missed the drama!

It was strange...Tibetan Monk still here?

Let's move along from Barrie.

Nacho - Doosh.gif

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
We should have a Poll over/under on Barrie signing amount. Rumoured amount is $8M per @ 8 seasons.

I think the final number is close to $8.5M and believe the ask would be higher than this amount.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
:huh: :huh: :huh: Ehm, sorry, but NO! The same currently for MacKinnon and partly too, Ozolinsh! Roy, Sakic, Forsberg, Foote and Hejduk were on another level. Yeah, they also had the advantage of a nonexistent salary cap.

So you are trading away Barrie midst on a possible cup-run? :huh:

We traded away a beloved player, i get it. But C´mon, get over it. This isn´t the end of the world! We lost Forsberg and Foote 2004, we traded Drury and Hinote.... That´s part of the game. More so within the salary cap.

And trading Barrie at the deadline doesn't come close to getting a player of Kadri's calibre. A 1st and a prospect is likely all we'd get.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
We should have a Poll over/under on Barrie signing amount. Rumoured amount is $8M per @ 8 seasons.

I think the final number is close to $8.5M and believe the ask would be higher than this amount.

If Barrie does well in Toronto, which he should, then I could certainly see this. I'm going to be a little more conservative and say $8.25M for that timeframe.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
No I dont want to move on. Somebody provide a recap!

We decided Barrie was a great player and well beloved teammate and deserved fan favorite. Further, that it was unfortunate Sakic had decided he wasn't part of the key players in the Avs continuing quest for the SC but that we all understand his rationale for the trade. Nonetheless, we all wish Barrie well and hope he continues to enjoy great success in his hockey career except when playing against the Avs. As with all players, we acknowledged Barrie has his supporters and detractors but that he was a real asset and contributor for the Avs cannot be denied. It was exciting to watch Tyson. Some want Barrie to return to the Avs one day and who knows, it may possibly happen. In the meantime, we all hope for the Avs to succeed. There's your recap.

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
We decided Barrie was a great player and well beloved teammate and deserved fan favorite. Further, that it was unfortunate Sakic had decided he wasn't part of the key players in the Avs continuing quest for the SC but that we all understand his rationale for the trade. Nonetheless, we all wish Barrie well and hope he continues to enjoy great success in his hockey career except when playing against the Avs. As with all players, we acknowledged Barrie has his supporters and detractors but that he was a real asset and contributor for the Avs cannot be denied. It was exciting to watch Tyson. Some want Barrie to return to the Avs one day and who knows, it may possibly happen. In the meantime, we all hope for the Avs to succeed. There's your recap.

Dude! That was well said. Kudos man! One of the best posts I've read in a long time. I was really wrong about you. Sorry for some of the things I said. I went overboard. I feel really terrible now.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Dude! That was well said. Kudos man! One of the best posts I've read in a long time. I was really wrong about you. Sorry for some of the things I said. I went overboard. I feel really terrible now.

Don't sweat it. What I just wrote is true and you only got upset because you're a loyal fan. I don't hold that against anyone. Besides, I have my vape pen (one of the advantages of living in CO). With that I can deal with humanity and take on the world anytime and anywhere (I need some proper grandiose music to accompany the delusions of grandeur - suggestions anyone? LOL)!:cool:

Reactions: FreshFitted67

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
We will miss Barrie at times this year. Not the whole time, but there will be stretches where some will yearn for the consistent blue line scoring that he provided.

Barrie was never as bad defensively as his worst detractors portrayed, but he was below average for a top pairing guy, and he had moments of pure uselessness. But the scoring usually made up for it.

The total.scoring from the back end will be down this year. Byram is unlikely to make a significant impact this year, if he even sticks. Makar will not hit 60 points, though 40+ is my prediction. Girard may help fill in some of that gap, but EJ and Cole will be lucky to match last year. One of the new PMD guys replacing Nemeth would help, but then you are giving up some of the defensive ability that Makar might provide over what Barrie did. Last year, we got 166 points from the blue line. Next year, we are looking at Makar 40, Girard 30, Zads 15, EJ 25, Cole 10, Rosen/Graves/Timmins/Connauton/etc 35 combined, for a total of 155. And that is an optimistic total, expecting 35 points from the 6D spot.

The team as a whole should be able to score as much or more given the changes up front though. And 2 or 3 years down the line, the D will not be missing Barrie at all. But there will be times this year that having that veteran rover will be missed.

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Don't sweat it. What I just wrote is true and you only got upset because you're a loyal fan. I don't hold that against anyone. Besides, I have my vape pen (one of the advantages of living in CO). With that I can deal with humanity and take on the world anytime and anywhere (I need some proper grandiose music to accompany the delusions of grandeur - suggestions anyone? LOL)!:cool:

Man, you're awesome!

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We will miss Barrie at times this year. Not the whole time, but there will be stretches where some will yearn for the consistent blue line scoring that he provided.

Barrie was never as bad defensively as his worst detractors portrayed, but he was below average for a top pairing guy, and he had moments of pure uselessness. But the scoring usually made up for it.

The total.scoring from the back end will be down this year. Byram is unlikely to make a significant impact this year, if he even sticks. Makar will not hit 60 points, though 40+ is my prediction. Girard may help fill in some of that gap, but EJ and Cole will be lucky to match last year. One of the new PMD guys replacing Nemeth would help, but then you are giving up some of the defensive ability that Makar might provide over what Barrie did. Last year, we got 166 points from the blue line. Next year, we are looking at Makar 40, Girard 30, Zads 15, EJ 25, Cole 10, Rosen/Graves/Timmins/Connauton/etc 35 combined, for a total of 155. And that is an optimistic total, expecting 35 points from the 6D spot.

The team as a whole should be able to score as much or more given the changes up front though. And 2 or 3 years down the line, the D will not be missing Barrie at all. But there will be times this year that having that veteran rover will be missed.

All good points. I think 40 is a little optimistic for Makar (thinking 30-35) and would expect 25 points from the 6D spot. So I think 135 pts total is more realistic.

Im curious what each team’s point totals by defensemen were last year, and how much that correlated to making and succeeding in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad