Friedman: Tyson Barrie | "I could see other clubs trying to pry him out of there"

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Since Sakic likely isn’t looking to make another futures-centric deal, who are the players in the NHL that Barrie could fetch 1-for-1? We’ve already seen RNH brought up in this thread, but both fanbases don’t agree on that value being fair. Is there any 1 player where both sides can agree on value?
No, people here hate hockey trades like that, nobody ever agrees.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
From 31 thoughts.

Now I personally cant see the Avalanche trading him. Sakic just did an interview with Lebrun last night and stated the importance of chemistry. After the split dressing room last year and the turnaround this year with everybody on one page it adds to the notion that chemistry in the locker room matters. Tyson Barrie is well liked by the team. His best friend on the planet is Nathan Mackinnon who if we're being honest, IS THE TEAM. Plus on top of that Barrie is a top 40 defenseman in the NHL. He was leading NHL defenseman in points when he got injured. He could certainly be of use to the Avs blue line when he gets back.

If however, a team did try to pry him out of there. What would they be proposing?
It's a win win situation all over again for the avs. We don't wanna trade him maybe never but atleast not right now UNLESS teams get desperate and overpay lets say Puljujärvi for Barrie. I would think that Sakic will make that trade but Oilers GM would need to become a sucker for Barrie first which isn't happening...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I like having a D corp of Johnson, Barrie, Girard, Zad and Nemeth to end the season and for next year, give Timmons, Makar, Meloche another year to season and post pone their eligibility for the expansion draft and get a better handle on what kind of trade the Avs should be making going forward.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wasn't saying one for one, but I understand know that you personally are not interested in receiving any defensemen.

I was thinking closer to Pulock + Bellows/Dal Colle/Nelson or something like that, but it's all good.

It wouldn't make sense this season, but at some point something like Barrie for Sorokin + Bellows + 1st might work for colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad