Friedman: Tyson Barrie | "I could see other clubs trying to pry him out of there"

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
From 31 thoughts.

22. Speaking of Barrie, he took the morning skate in a non-contact jersey in Toronto. Curious to see what will happen with him. I could see other clubs trying to pry him out of there, since Colorado is on a tear while he’s absent. Everyone needs puck-moving D.

Now I personally cant see the Avalanche trading him. Sakic just did an interview with Lebrun last night and stated the importance of chemistry. After the split dressing room last year and the turnaround this year with everybody on one page it adds to the notion that chemistry in the locker room matters. Tyson Barrie is well liked by the team. His best friend on the planet is Nathan Mackinnon who if we're being honest, IS THE TEAM. Plus on top of that Barrie is a top 40 defenseman in the NHL. He was leading NHL defenseman in points when he got injured. He could certainly be of use to the Avs blue line when he gets back.

If however, a team did try to pry him out of there. What would they be proposing?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
From the leafs Lilligren, kapanen, 2018 first, pretty much any prospect in our system is available. No roster players.

If Nylander or Marner isn't coming back, then Barrie isn't leaving. Im not even an Avs fan but this is common sense at this point

Reactions: Ararana

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Well, sure. He's one of the best PMD's in the league. No doubt many teams would like to try to pry him out of Colorado. Unless and until Colorado knows for certain they've got a replacement for him in Makar or whoever, they have zero business dealing him.
Does Friedman do any legwork these days or is it all stuff in his head?

Reactions: hooverdam

Weast

May 16, 2011
He definitely shouldn't be traded until the offseason, but I'd love a top 6 player for him preferably a center

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Well, sure. He's one of the best PMD's in the league. No doubt many teams would like to try to pry him out of Colorado. Unless and until Colorado knows for certain they've got a replacement for him in Makar or whoever, they have zero business dealing him.
Does Friedman do any legwork these days or is it all stuff in his head?
To be fair, these are his 'thoughts' and not a rumor he heard anywhere.
Dont blame Friedman, blame the people here who want to discuss one of his 'thoughts'.

Reactions: Vaslof

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I wouldn't trade him. Avs D is stepping up big time in his absence, but down the stretch they will need him. EJ is the only right handed shot right now, and Barberio is playing 20 minutes.

Team is doing well, in my opinion they don't need to trade anyone. Duchene was the guy, they got a kings ransom and now you want to ice the best team possible.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I have 31 thoughts too, Friedman. But you don't see me going around pretending like any of them are actually news.
Did he ask his thoughts to be discussed on a Trades and Rumor's board? Its not on him but us starved fans.
He never claimed his thoughts to be news worthy. He just posted them online for SN.

eg.
Pheasant the peasant thinks guys like Zatkoff will countinue to bounce around the league.
He also would love if Wolski scores the golden goal..
What a guy posting such stuff online!!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Don't think Sakic will move the guy currently, and if he does, I doubt it would be for futures. During the Duchene trade (the night the news broke that the deal had collapsed) he said Colorado would have gotten a bunch of futures, and he got the sense futures was sort of Sakic's second choice and Sakic would have / might (since the trade went through) use some of those futures as "currency" to acquire roster talent in the future. Point being, the Duchene trade eventually went through, Sakic got a bunch of futures, and I don't think Sakic wants more picks and prospects. He probably wants to trade a few picks and prospects actually. If Barrie is moved I'd expect Sakic would want a near 1 for 1.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yeah they are playing well without him, but that doesn’t mean they are better without him.

Keep Barrie, he provides another veteran top four guy behind Johnson on the right side. that’s key

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Did he ask his thoughts to be discussed on a Trades and Rumor's board? Its not on him but us starved fans.
He never claimed his thoughts to be news worthy. He just posted them online for SN.

eg.
Pheasant the peasant thinks guys like Zatkoff will countinue to bounce around the league.
He also would love if Wolski scores the golden goal..
What a guy posting such stuff online!!

Well said, I suppose. But I am not paid to write about hockey. Nor are my posts published on a sports network's official website. Nor am I listed as an "insider" on that website.

If every sports reporter presented their thoughts this way, we would have a never-ending sea of garbage to sift through to find any legit NHL news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad