Friedman: Tyson Barrie | "I could see other clubs trying to pry him out of there"

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Actually Jake with the right partner is gr8. Last yr he was a plus 24 and over 30 some odd points. This yr been missing his guy Zaits and just a bad yr.

Either way you dont get a 19yr or 22yr old star for Barrie. Sorry. Even with our 2 guys having a tough yr they out point your forwards except Mack, Miko and Landeskog.

So if my deal is dumb..how do u figure you get a 19yr old star havin a sophmore slump ditto on Nylander.

Keep Barrie.

The horror.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I see a contending team in desperate need of defense making a solid offer for him (if they have the assets),but at the moment will guess New Jersey or Toronto are potential destinations.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I think fans of both teams agree RNH for Barrie is a fair trade.
Considering Tyson likely would outscore RNH from the blue line... This Avs fan doesn’t see how that’s even remotely close. Nor does it make sense.

Peeped someone wants Jost as a small plus. Whom again. I wouldn’t trade straight up for RNH. Amazing.

Only (reasonable) Oiler I want is Drai.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Oilers offer you their 1st round pick..unprotected

Your right, you wouldn't do that.
Okay, our unprotected 1st for EJ...lol I know right...
Alright, our 1st for your 1st and Zadorov.
Im tired Joe, lets do something here...Pulju for Comeau.

No. Ya. No I ..slow down Joe your talking to fast..Okay, u mark up the docs jeez.

- signed Peter

Reactions: hooverdam

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sometimes I think Oilers fans forget who their GMs is. Tell us again what you feel is fair value, I'm sure it's relevant.

For what it's worth, Avs should hold on to Barrie until the offseason at least.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Friedman and Jeff Marek..

“The one thing about Barrie is I could see – if I’m the New York Islanders and you need a puck-moving D, is he not a guy you’re looking at right now?”
Marek added: “The Leafs tried to make a move in the summer, did they not?”
“The Leafs have had interest in Tyson Barrie before,” indicated Friedman. “There’s no question about that. I don’t know if it was this summer or a year ago.
“But I do think there are going to be teams that ask Colorado, ‘What are you doing with Tyson Barrie here.’ “

Friedman Thinks Teams Will Ask Avalanche About Barrie

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I can't wait until Friedman is right about something so we can actually consider his "thoughts" as something valid.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Barrie's value is hard to peg. At minimum you are getting what Shattenkirk got, at maximum probably slightly less than the Hall-Larsson trade. He is an elite offensive defenseman, who is ideally a number 3 guy on a good team. He has 2 years left at a reasonable cap hit and is on the right side of 30.

I do not think the leafs would trade Nylander for him, I could maybe see Marner but the leafs need a top pairing 2 way D more than an offensive 3 D, and the avs need a center, left d, or top 6 2 way winger more than Marner.

Reactions: My3Sons

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Barrie's value is hard to peg. At minimum you are getting what Shattenkirk got, at maximum probably slightly less than the Hall-Larsson trade. He is an elite offensive defenseman, who is ideally a number 3 guy on a good team. He has 2 years left at a reasonable cap hit and is on the right side of 30.

I do not think the leafs would trade Nylander for him, I could maybe see Marner but the leafs need a top pairing 2 way D more than an offensive 3 D, and the avs need a center, left d, or top 6 2 way winger more than Marner.
Why do some of you keep saying this? We have two-way prospects out the ass. What we lack are high end creative talents other than MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost & Shvyryov.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I can see the Islanders interested in Barrie at the price of Pulock +

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I can see the Islanders interested in Barrie at the price of Pulock +

Why would that interest the Avs? The team has Makar, Meloche & Timmins who are on the way on the right side. Plus with Girard already in tow the team isn't exactly hurting for a PMD who can bridge the gap to those three kids.

The avs really shouldn't trade Tyson unless they can use him to get a high end forward talent like Draisaitl, Stone, Marner, etc.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Why would that interest the Avs? The team has Makar, Meloche & Timmins who are on the way on the right side. Plus with Girard already in tow the team isn't exactly hurting for a PMD who can bridge the gap to those three kids.

The avs really shouldn't trade Tyson unless they can use him to get a high end forward talent like Draisaitl, Stone, Marner, etc.

I could too. I bet the Islanders would also be interested in McDavid at the cost of Bailey +

Never said that Colorado would be interested.

I'm only speaking from a NYI perspective, because Barrie is a player who I can imagine Garth Snow being interested in if it was a Strome/Eberle type trade (which if proposed on HFBoards beforehand would have garnered the exact same type of responses from Oilers fans).

Where is the chill on this website?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Never said that Colorado would be interested.

I'm only speaking from a NYI perspective, because Barrie is a player who I can imagine Garth Snow being interested in if it was a Strome/Eberle type trade (which if proposed on HFBoards beforehand would have garnered the exact same type of responses from Oilers fans).

Where is the chill on this website?
Yeah I think Barrie makes sense for the Islanders, it just makes zero sense for Pulock to be part of what goes back. Avs have no cap issues, and Barrie is a very important part of the team. If he's traded, it's not for a lesser defenseman.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yeah I think Barrie makes sense for the Islanders, it just makes zero sense for Pulock to be part of what goes back. Avs have no cap issues, and Barrie is a very important part of the team. If he's traded, it's not for a lesser defenseman.

I wasn't saying one for one, but I understand know that you personally are not interested in receiving any defensemen.

I was thinking closer to Pulock + Bellows/Dal Colle/Nelson or something like that, but it's all good.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wasn't saying one for one, but I understand know that you personally are not interested in receiving any defensemen.

I was thinking closer to Pulock + Bellows/Dal Colle/Nelson or something like that, but it's all good.
Yeah I cant see there being any plusses. Colorado has done enough quality for quantity trades. Their depth is tremendous. Colorado isn't in any situation where they feel forced to trade Barrie. IF they trade him it's a 1 for 1 that helps the team or maybe even Barrie + for somebody.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Since Sakic likely isn’t looking to make another futures-centric deal, who are the players in the NHL that Barrie could fetch 1-for-1? We’ve already seen RNH brought up in this thread, but both fanbases don’t agree on that value being fair. Is there any 1 player where both sides can agree on value?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Since Sakic likely isn’t looking to make another futures-centric deal, who are the players in the NHL that Barrie could fetch 1-for-1? We’ve already seen RNH brought up in this thread, but both fanbases don’t agree on that value being fair. Is there any 1 player where both sides can agree on value?

Short of a near PPG player at C who has a similar contract and similar age as Barrie it sounds like a difficult proposition to find a good match. Avs should keep him since he’s close with the team’s best player.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Short of a near PPG player at C who has a similar contract and similar age as Barrie it sounds like a difficult proposition to find a good match. Avs should keep him since he’s close with the team’s best player.
I definitely think they should keep him, too. Chemistry has played a big role in the locker room turnaround this year, and Barrie is a big part of that. We also don’t have anyone to directly replace his role on the team just yet, and there isn’t any guarantee that one of our prospects will be able to take over his role and run with it.

I’m mainly just trying to see if there are any players out there that other fanbases are willing to give up for Barrie 1-for-1. We don’t need quantity for quality anymore after the Duchene deal.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I definitely think they should keep him, too. Chemistry has played a big role in the locker room turnaround this year, and Barrie is a big part of that. We also don’t have anyone to directly replace his role on the team just yet, and there isn’t any guarantee that one of our prospects will be able to take over his role and run with it.

I’m mainly just trying to see if there are any players out there that other fanbases are willing to give up for Barrie 1-for-1. We don’t need quantity for quality anymore after the Duchene deal.

The feelers type threads rarely go well. Typically lots of offers for quantity or guys needing a change of scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad