Friedman: Tyson Barrie | "I could see other clubs trying to pry him out of there"

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
So first of Hstats shows 14 missed reg season games. I know he missed a a bunch of playoff games for sure.

He broke his foot this yr so thats what over a month hes been out. So try again. And im positive he had another big injury happened when he played for team canada

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So first of Hstats shows 14 missed reg season games. I know he missed a a bunch of playoff games for sure.

He broke his foot this yr so thats what over a month hes been out. So try again. And im positive he had another big injury happened when he played for team canada

I can confirm this to be true. Watching the playoffs year after year, I am left wondering why Tyson Barrie isn't on this ice far more often than I've gotten to enjoy playoff-Barrie.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Actually Jake with the right partner is gr8. Last yr he was a plus 24 and over 30 some odd points. This yr been missing his guy Zaits and just a bad yr.

Either way you dont get a 19yr or 22yr old star for Barrie. Sorry. Even with our 2 guys having a tough yr they out point your forwards except Mack, Miko and Landeskog.

So if my deal is dumb..how do u figure you get a 19yr old star havin a sophmore slump ditto on Nylander.

Keep Barrie.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I know this wouldn't happen but would AVs fans want from the Oilers? I mean almost everybody is on the table so give me your feedback guys

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

He missed 4 playoff games for a ridiculously dirty hit.

He doesn't have a broken foot right now, nice try. It's an ankle sprain and he's been out for less then a month with a high probability of being back on Thursday.

He's been in the league for 6 years now and this is the first injury he's suffered that has kept him out of the lineup longer then a handful of games.

Like I said, if that's what you consider to be often injured, then Matthews must already be labelled glass, considering he's missed almost as many games this year as Barrie has missed in his entire career.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Actually Jake with the right partner is gr8. Last yr he was a plus 24 and over 30 some odd points. This yr been missing his guy Zaits and just a bad yr.

Either way you dont get a 19yr or 22yr old star for Barrie. Sorry. Even with our 2 guys having a tough yr they out point your forwards except Mack, Miko and Landeskog.

So if my deal is dumb..how do u figure you get a 19yr old star havin a sophmore slump ditto on Nylander.

Keep Barrie.

:laugh: Man you are killing me here today. You cant even make stuff up like this. So much comedy gold in one paragraph I dont even know where to begin.

Keep Marner and Nylander. Like I said earlier in a post. Avs shouldn't have any interest in either of them if we're trading Barrie. Neither of them are good 2-way players, neither of them are Centers, and we have better offensive forwards already.

We'll happily keep Barrie or trade him for a 2-way #2C from another team.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Homerism at it's finest.

Hilarious. Liljegren will be better then one of the leagues very best offensive Dmen in the league, and he'll do it within 2 years.

Drink that Kool-Aid, it fits you well.
Pierce calling out a Leafs fan? Shocking. Do you have a leafs fan bat signal or something?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
:laugh: Man you are killing me here today. You cant even make stuff up like this. So much comedy gold in one paragraph I dont even know where to begin.

Keep Marner and Nylander. Like I said earlier in a post. Avs shouldn't have any interest in either of them if we're trading Barrie. Neither of them are good 2-way players, neither of them are Centers, and we have better offensive forwards already.

We'll happily keep Barrie or trade him for a 2-way #2C from another team.
Hows that kool-aid working out for you? Barrie is a snowflake to you, am I right?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm surprised that you dont considering how closely you follow the Leafs. It almost seems like you have some weird crush on them.

Really? That's odd, they're a hockey team. I enjoy watching and following hockey.

Now, your infatuation with me on the other hand, that's some weird shit alright. :heart:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Well said, I suppose. But I am not paid to write about hockey. Nor are my posts published on a sports network's official website. Nor am I listed as an "insider" on that website.

If every sports reporter presented their thoughts this way, we would have a never-ending sea of garbage to sift through to find any legit NHL news.
It's not on Friedman that you and others are too dumb to differentiate between a musings article and insider news.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Value wise it's good, it's just we already struggle with offense from our forwards, and losing Nuge just makes that hole bigger.

He's not exactly a prolific producer though. Barrie produces a lot of offense himself, probably more than RNH honestly.

Wanna change the pick from a 2nd this year, to your first next year, and we'll toss in Andrighetto?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Haha ok no issue keeping 2 elite wingers that are 22 and 19. Id rather us go full tilt after Doughty July 1st anyway.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Its the altitude. Wonder what they think about Duchene trade. Let me guess Nylander or Marner right ahah.

You get Girard and a some guy and good picks...so one top 4 or 6 d and picks. Where do u see an elite winger under 23 haha..and and Duchene is a center. Id say the price on him would be higher than Barrie. Even if its the same still...that Duchene deal theres no elite player there except Turris who isnt quite elite and duchene who has a ton to prove.

Anyway

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Its the altitude. Wonder what they think about Duchene trade. Let me guess Nylander or Marner right ahah.

You get Girard and a some guy and good picks...so one top 4 or 6 d and picks. Where do u see an elite winger under 23 haha..and and Duchene is a center. Id say the price on him would be higher than Barrie. Even if its the same still...that Duchene deal theres no elite player there except Turris who isnt quite elite and duchene who has a ton to prove.

Anyway

...Sam Girard is a bluechipper who's struggling less than Marner this season...

Reactions: highlandeskog

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He's not exactly a prolific producer though. Barrie produces a lot of offense himself, probably more than RNH honestly.

Wanna change the pick from a 2nd this year, to your first next year, and we'll toss in Andrighetto?
Wait when was it established there was a 2nd in the deal?

Also theres no way the Oil do that. They're a lottery pick this year, they won't just gift the Avs a 1st for last years waiver fodder.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Marner isnt a blur chipper. He is a 19yr old who will be elite not even a question ditto on nylander. Not even close in comparison. Done here...if any Av fan thinks the above is untrue. My point is proven. If Duchene cant get an elite young player how does Barrie?

Only a handful of players worth those 2. One of which Ill bet on it goes FA and may well sign with LA but I feel he tests out the market. With LA needing a retool you cant pay one guy over 10mill. With leafs losing potentially 4 (5 if gleason contract incl) we can afford that esp if we kept JVR signed to heavy discount since by his own admission he would do it to stay competitive and in Toronto. Shows how good our team and future will be and our 4 top dogs are Matthews Nylander Marner and Rielly oh 5 Andersen who Lou stole out of Ana for what Bernier and junk? Ya lou is the godfather of trading. Gets Pickard for sweet nothing now we really have 3 backups meaning 1 is out and that will either be a pick or part of a package for a NHL guy...point is in a rebuild you dont trade your future core.

If we traded 1 of them itd be after we have contended. Whens the last time you saw a move like that? EDM messed up twice hall and eberle....leafs wont make that mistake

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Hmmm guess you missed it...all of babcocks post game or post practice interviews. When brown was on the 4th line he said news to him brown isnt a 4th line winger its balancing the lines..tinkering, because we are having an issue called kadris line cannot score and the 4th line same...since the bozak trio stopped playing he changed it up. Tomorrow it starts with Marner Kadri Marleau.

W.e. no point in arguing something that wont happen. Id be pissed as an Av fan if Barrie was traded personally.

My take is leafs grab a hainsey type, leader, stay at home vet RHD for not much..help us in the Dzone not Ozone we have enough. Issue is outlet passes only Rielly and Dermott seem to be able to do it. Anyway good luck to you guys..id be happy has hell to have Mack, mikko and Landes, very impressive line. Hoping Matthews line ends up doing the damage from last yr once again.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
raw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad