Value of: Tyler Toffoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
What kind of package from NJ would tempt you to move Lambert?
Don't think the Jets would be looking for a package for him. He's had a fantastic year and is being developed as a C which the Jets are lacking long term. the NHL is turning into a speed game and he's elite at that. The only other area of need is RHD, but I wouldn't have interest in a Casey for Lambert swap at all. He hasn't established enough value to ask for asinine return, but holds too much potential too not see what we have in him.
Basically, the only way I see him going is in a package for a young top 2/4 RHD with term. The only one on the Devils that would be of interest wouldn't be up for discussion understandably.

Back to Toffoli, I hope the Jets are interested, price depending. MTL 2nd, 25 3rd and your very own 6'8 D man who fights to counter Rempe? :sarcasm:

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Buyer beware I wouldn't extend him and would view this as a pure rental. He will Rob whomever extends him as I think his legs will go very very quickly. Think Jack propped his numbers up heavily in the beginning of the season. Last two months this guy has just kind of been there going through the motions.

Maybe he needs some playoff juice to get his game going again but as a devils fan I really hope they do move him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
What kind of package from NJ would tempt you to move Lambert?

Don't think the Jets would be looking for a package for him. He's had a fantastic year and is being developed as a C which the Jets are lacking long term. the NHL is turning into a speed game and he's elite at that. The only other area of need is RHD, but I wouldn't have interest in a Casey for Lambert swap at all. He hasn't established enough value to ask for asinine return, but holds too much potential too not see what we have in him.
Basically, the only way I see him going is in a package for a young top 2/4 RHD with term. The only one on the Devils that would be of interest wouldn't be up for discussion understandably.

Back to Toffoli, I hope the Jets are interested, price depending. MTL 2nd, 25 3rd and your very own 6'8 D man who fights to counter Rempe? :sarcasm:

I'd have to agree with Pongs21 here. It's between Lambert and Lucius as the Jets next possible C prospect and Lucius just unfortunately has had terrible injury luck so it's hard to know what he might be (and he's missed some time).

I know you have been a defender of Lambert and I think the Jets likely like some of the things they are seeing from him in the AHL (speed, scoring, etc.).

I'm not Chevy so he could shock me and trade him tomorrow, but if it was me, I wouldn't move McGroarty, Lambert, Salo, or Barlow for a rental (or a trade and sign for someone to their retirement contract (realistic trade options anyway)).

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Nah, I'm pretty sure he's gone. Nowhere close to an extension, big interest....Markstrom isn't coming to save the day so we are stuck with the goalies we have....at some point, even Fitz has to be pragmatic.
I like what Toffoli has done this year, but moving him is probably the right move. I'd still be surprised though. We'll see soon enough!

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Buyer beware I wouldn't extend him and would view this as a pure rental. He will Rob whomever extends him as I think his legs will go very very quickly. Think Jack propped his numbers up heavily in the beginning of the season. Last two months this guy has just kind of been there going through the motions.

Maybe he needs some playoff juice to get his game going again but as a devils fan I really hope they do move him.
As a devil fan I would pay him $5 million x3 max. Even then I querstion it. But he will want more and I would rather trade huim and use those assets for a goalie.

Reactions: D3vilsH0ck3y

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Not a goalie though? You can't make this shit up. This organization doesn't know what they're doing, lol.
The only team selling a goalie who'd be buying toffoli is boston. They can't flat out say "We'd trade Toffoli for Ullmark".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad