Value of: Tyler Toffoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Just like it's very unlikely that Toffoli will net Ullmark.
So again, how would they move Toffoli for a goalie?

From conversations I've had with bruins fans Toffoli at 50%+2nd for Ullmark is something they'd be open to potentially

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Not a goalie though? You can't make this shit up. This organization doesn't know what they're doing, lol.
well considering the odds of a non-playoff team making a push for Toffoli is exteremely rare. Not many playoff teams have another goalie they can just sell NJ for Toffoli. That why you sell him for prospects and picks.
Unless there is a 3 way along the lines of MArkstrom to NJ, Toffoli to Winnipeg and Winnipeg 25 1st to Calgary and add/subtract wherever

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not a goalie though? You can't make this shit up. This organization doesn't know what they're doing, lol.
What contending team is offering up a goalie? Do you realize how non-sensical your post is? Teams will offer up picks/prospects that the Devils could possibly use to land a goalie this summer. Man, you complain a lot.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Just like it's very unlikely that Toffoli will net Ullmark.
Maybe not one for one, given Boston’s needs. But if NJ can get a 1st for Toffoli at 50% retained, and then flip that to Boston for Ullmark, that’s a deal that could work.

Boston can use that 1st acquired from NJ to get a center.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm expecting the equivalent value to a late 1st and a 3rd. Either picks or in prospects/young roster players.

Last edited:

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm expecting the equivalent value to a late 1st and a 3rd. Either picks or in prospects/young roster players.
Can't see teams parting with a really good young player for possibly one year of Toffoli.

A sign and trade would be huge if Toffoli is up for it. Could net a bigger return for the Devils too but I doubt that happens. I'd say your prediction is pretty accurate of what we will get back for him. We can retain plenty of salary too.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Couple options:

:kings
Toffoli

:devils
a 1st (24, top 10 protected) + Kaliyev/Turcotte/Dvorak/Chromiak

Or:

:jets
Toffoli

a 1st (25, top 10 protected) + Julien OR a 2nd (MTL 24) + Lucius?

I'm probably too optimistic and the price is something like:

:kings
Toffoli

a 1st or a 2nd + Kalieyv/Turcotte/Dvorak/Chromiak

Or:

:jets
Toffoli

a 1st or a 2nd + Julien

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Brodeur said:
For value, I'd guess something closer to what Toffoli fetched as a rental in 2020 (Tyler Madden + 2nd rounder).

Toffoli in the 2 years prior to that trade:
140 games, 31 goals, 68 points
Toffoli in his last 2 years
140 games, 59 goals, 115 points

The production isn't even remotely comparable here
Can anyone find me a production profile like Toffoli's not fetching a 1st as a rental?

You paid a 1st+ for Tarasenko last year lmao

If it's any consolation, I would have been happy if you were right.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If it's any consolation, I would have been happy if you were right.
The winger market was brutal this year across the board. We move. Glad he wasn't extended long term. Now lets get Holtz into top 6

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I get that you don't like the player but that doesn't mean your team agrees with you.
I like Toffoli just fine. He isn't currently a fit with the King's.

Blake traded Toffoli & got a lot of heat for it because Toffoli had a bad year. Toffoli was playing with Carter recovering from an injury that just stopped skating. Blake hasn't shown he's a big fan of picking players up he's traded.

King's are focusing on up tempo players. Kopitar, PL, Kaliyev are struggling with the pace. Toffoli isn't a good match for that style. That's before factoring in losing half a step.

Toffoli doesn't really create all that much. He's good at finding his spot & getting shots on net. King's need players like Moore with a high motor.

Then cost, don't think the King's have a 2nd or 3rd this year so that means King's would have to overpay with a 1st.

UFA, King's have more important players to sign in the off-season so Toffoli would be a complete rental. 1st too much to waste on a rental that doesn't create a lot on his own. King's have players they don't play that can fill Toffoli's role.

But yeah, maybe Blake goes against his behavior for the last few years.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
I like Toffoli just fine. He isn't currently a fit with the King's.

Blake traded Toffoli & got a lot of heat for it because Toffoli had a bad year. Toffoli was playing with Carter recovering from an injury that just stopped skating. Blake hasn't shown he's a big fan of picking players up he's traded.

King's are focusing on up tempo players. Kopitar, PL, Kaliyev are struggling with the pace. Toffoli isn't a good match for that style. That's before factoring in losing half a step.

Toffoli doesn't really create all that much. He's good at finding his spot & getting shots on net. King's need players like Moore with a high motor.

Then cost, don't think the King's have a 2nd or 3rd this year so that means King's would have to overpay with a 1st.

UFA, King's have more important players to sign in the off-season so Toffoli would be a complete rental. 1st too much to waste on a rental that doesn't create a lot on his own. King's have players they don't play that can fill Toffoli's role.

But yeah, maybe Blake goes against his behavior for the last few years.
Toffoli will probably do great with Ehlers, Ehlers creates space and usually can drive a line and make others better. His line does need someone that can take advantage of the space, and win some board battles, but I havent kept track this year. What I have always liked about Toffoli was his ability to be clutch, a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino