Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Boston

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Not at all. If blake doesn't get offered anything decent, he wont move toffoli, why should he? He will wait on the next wave of youth and for our core guys to turn their games around.

Exactly correct. And that should be your expectation. If I'm Blake watching Toffoli every night, I'm very tempted to move him for a lateral player just to get him off the team.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Exactly correct. And that should be your expectation. If I'm Blake watching Toffoli every night, I'm very tempted to move him for a lateral player just to get him off the team.

i would be surprised if toffoli couldnt get a first round pick and a decent prospect

Reactions: deaderhead28

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Who is lateral to him right now?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Not at all. If blake doesn't get offered anything decent, he wont move toffoli, why should he? He will wait on the next wave of youth and for our core guys to turn their games around.

Some GMs do not have that luxury. Kings are in LA which is a big sports market. They have had recent success I am sure there owner would like a fast turn around. NOT saying that my offers of players would make the Kings better or ownership would make him pull the trigger on a less deal.

Other side LA has had success with Dodgers, Lebron is there with the Lakers, Chargers and Rams are doing well. Dont think a successful Kings team would be all that important.

Then again....................Playoffs are money and I am sure the owner wants that

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Also look at it like this Nash got the Rangers a 1st, good prospect and a decent roster player at the deadline. I am sure IF they wanted the Kings could get something like that or better for a younger TT

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Also look at it like this Nash got the Rangers a 1st, good prospect and a decent roster player at the deadline. I am sure IF they wanted the Kings could get something like that or better for a younger TT

I wouldn't use that description for what the Rangers got.

They got a player that was struggling to maintain 3C duties on the Bruins who was PP dependent (already moved by NYR too), a demoted player producing sub 0.5 PPG in the AHL making $3.8m and a late 1st.

Be careful what you wish for lol

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010

Well I'm glad you're not running the team.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
No. We can’t afford a salary return. Perhaps you’ve noticed some waiver claims on our part this week? We have to take a mid to low first when it comes to players such as Toffoli. Salary returns lower the value of the trade.
Kings arent rebuilding so yes a quality player needs to be involved in one or more deals.Blakes not blowing the team up but simy getting rid of dead weight and retooling.

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Kings arent rebuilding so yes a quality player needs to be involved in one or more deals.Blakes not blowing the team up but simy getting rid of dead weight and retooling.

As a Kings fan... I think the rebuild is coming. That could change if we somehow turn this around by the start of February... but about their current play gives us any hope for that. One of the Kings insiders was saying that the only safe people are Kopi, Doughty, and Brown. He thinks Quick will be gone too.

Toffoli, Carter, Kovalchuk, Muzzin, Martinez, Hagelin, Thompson, and Quick are all players who I think have the best chances of being moved at the deadline. Quick could be a move that’s made at the draft. Maybe a few other players like Clifford, Fobort, and Lewis could be moved.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
As a Kings fan... I think the rebuild is coming. That could change if we somehow turn this around by the start of February... but about their current play gives us any hope for that. One of the Kings insiders was saying that the only safe people are Kopi, Doughty, and Brown. He thinks Quick will be gone too.

Toffoli, Carter, Kovalchuk, Muzzin, Martinez, Hagelin, Thompson, and Quick are all players who I think have the best chances of being moved at the deadline. Quick could be a move that’s made at the draft. Maybe a few other players like Clifford, Fobort, and Lewis could be moved.
That same Kings insider said Cliffird isnt moving and Kings arent rebuilding their retooling.Of course all players are tradable depending on value they get back including Doughty.Blake and Luc have the blessing of ownership to right the ship.They'll indeed try to move some pieces to free up cap to fix the roster.Bernstein said he doesnt think ownership wants to go thru another rebuild.Dont get excited over those who want a rebuild,at this present time it's not happening according to insiders.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad