Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Boston

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
nope. Toffoli should be dealt for a prospect or prospects. A pick will take 3 years before they make an impact at which point in time Doughty, Kopitar and Quick will be well past their productive years...well maybe not Drew.

Point is Toffoli needs to be dealt for someone who can contribute sooner than a pick would

No. We can’t afford a salary return. Perhaps you’ve noticed some waiver claims on our part this week? We have to take a mid to low first when it comes to players such as Toffoli. Salary returns lower the value of the trade.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No. We can’t afford a salary return. Perhaps you’ve noticed some waiver claims on our part this week? We have to take a mid to low first when it comes to players such as Toffoli. Salary returns lower the value of the trade.
prospects on entry level deals is what I am eyeing for prospects.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I stand corrected..... THIS is a lowball offer.
It was a generalization of the many trade threads involving Kings players on HFBOARDS with idea the organization is desperate to trade away assets for crap returns or the mindset Kings players are trash.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Last year:
Heinen: 47 points in 77 games as a rookie
Toffoli: 47 points in 82 games

...and he's three years younger, way cheaper and not a UFA for 4-5 years.

Yet currently Toffoli is more than doubling Heinen's current production while playing on by far the worst offensive team in the league, and has more history of being a 20-30+ goal, 50+ point guy.

If you're trading for Toffoli it's for more certainty and finish and experience.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yet currently Toffoli is more than doubling Heinen's current production while playing on by far the worst offensive team in the league, and has more history of being a 20-30+ goal, 50+ point guy.

If you're trading for Toffoli it's for more certainty and finish and experience.

Worst? Have you seen the Bruins? Seems only Marchand Bergy and Pasta line can score

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Worst? Have you seen the Bruins? Seems only Marchand Bergy and Pasta line can score

Bruins are scoring 2.63 goals per game.

Kings are literally dead last in the league at 2.1 goals a game. They haven't even scored 60 goals yet. Next to last has 67 goals AND a game in hand. TBL is about to lap them.

Yes, worst.

Reactions: KingTrouty

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bruins are scoring 2.63 goals per game.

Kings are literally dead last in the league at 2.1 goals a game. They haven't even scored 60 goals yet. Next to last has 67 goals AND a game in hand. TBL is about to lap them.

Yes, worst.

Yeah, but all those goals are coming from Bergeron-Marchand-Pasta's line or the powerplay. Heinen is part of neither of those things. I'd be shocked if there's a bottom-9 with less offence than the Bruins this year.

badnewsbruin

Feb 23, 2009
Toffoli,Kempe, Thompson and Phaneuf for Krug, Backes, Cehlarik and a 3rd...reasoning is Toffoli and Kempe = Krug and Cehlarik and for L.A taking Backes the Bruins take back Phaneuf for the same term on contract and take Thompson as a cap dump from the Kings and Bruins throw in a 3rd.....Phaneuf still a useful d-man who will throw his weight around will help the physicality the Bruins need, Toffoli to play with Krejci, Kempe to centre 3rd line and Thompson can play on 4th line and salary wise is almost even with Bruins taking on about 400,000

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Toffoli,Kempe, Thompson and Phaneuf for Krug, Backes, Cehlarik and a 3rd...reasoning is Toffoli and Kempe = Krug and Cehlarik and for L.A taking Backes the Bruins take back Phaneuf for the same term on contract and take Thompson as a cap dump from the Kings and Bruins throw in a 3rd.....Phaneuf still a useful d-man who will throw his weight around will help the physicality the Bruins need, Toffoli to play with Krejci, Kempe to centre 3rd line and Thompson can play on 4th line and salary wise is almost even with Bruins taking on about 400,000

That's ugly! Blake would hang up and block your GMs number

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
An offer I put on the Bruins board was

TT, Kyle Clifford and a pick for Acciari, Kampfer, Cehlarik and a pick

but for this topic I will switch it up.

Heinen, Acciari, Cehlarik and Kampfer/Zboril for TT, Clifford and a pick.

Bruins get their 2nd line RW and someone who can defend teammates Kings get some young pieces.

I don’t see why the Kings would do this.

You just pawned off a bunch of guys that just aren’t very good. Acciari and Kampfer aren’t really assets. And what is “a pick”?

member 88115

LD is what LA has the most. No More Krug proposal.

Toffoli + Clifford for 1st + Donato + 3rd

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
At some point (if not already) Toffoli's value will be pennies on the dollar. He literally does nothing shift after shift, game after game. If he is traded, it will be for another team's underperformer. To think otherwise is to be willfully blind of reality.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
At some point (if not already) Toffoli's value will be pennies on the dollar. He literally does nothing shift after shift, game after game. If he is traded, it will be for another team's underperformer. To think otherwise is to be willfully blind of reality.

I disagree, the whole team is dreadful at present. TT has performed well in the past, isn't old and isn't overpaid or locked up forever. He is a prime candidate for a playoff bound team to pony up good futures for.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I disagree, the whole team is dreadful at present. TT has performed well in the past, isn't old and isn't overpaid or locked up forever. He is a prime candidate for a playoff bound team to pony up good futures for.

Like Tanner Pearson got? At some point, you have to stop being a homer at look at reality. If some team offered you a 26 year-old making $4.6 million and stinking up the place EVERY night, would YOU pay good futures for him?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Like Tanner Pearson got? At some point, you have to stop being a homer at look at reality. If some team offered you a 26 year-old making $4.6 million and stinking up the place EVERY night, would YOU pay good futures for him?

Pearson was signed longer (more risk for a cap strapped team) and is less of a goal scorer, I believe he was under sold to try and motivate the team, It didn't work, we still suck. Who does look good on a last place team?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Pearson was signed longer (more risk for a cap strapped team) and is less of a goal scorer, I believe he was under sold to try and motivate the team, It didn't work, we still suck. Who does look good on a last place team?

You make my point for me. Blake is going to be offered pennies on the dollar for the assorted crap he has to offer. You are crazy if you think he is going to get anything near fair value (let alone an overpayment) dealing from such a position of weakness. Other teams have pro scouts watching the Kings and they can see what you and I can see. Toffoli literally does NOTHING game after game after game. At some point, when do you blame him for that instead of the team?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
You make my point for me. Blake is going to be offered pennies on the dollar for the assorted crap he has to offer. You are crazy if you think he is going to get anything near fair value (let alone an overpayment) dealing from such a position of weakness. Other teams have pro scouts watching the Kings and they can see what you and I can see. Toffoli literally does NOTHING game after game after game. At some point, when do you blame him for that instead of the team?

Not at all. If blake doesn't get offered anything decent, he wont move toffoli, why should he? He will wait on the next wave of youth and for our core guys to turn their games around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad