Value of: Tyler Toffoli to Boston

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Kings are over flowing with D prospects.

Really? I see Clague, maybe Anderson and a slew of 24-26 year old tweeners that havent shown much yet. Likely another high end forward drafted this year too, so if LA is snagging prospects via trade, D is a good place to start.

Reactions: KingTrouty

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I was saying it would cost 1st + Heinen/Donato. Didn’t think Bruins would be receptive to that price but Toffoli is worth a 1st + prospect easily
Ah makes more sense lol.

Doubt they move a first this year. They’re too good to finish in the bottom 5. But no team can keep piling up injuries the way they have and expect to keep up in the playoff race. That pick might be a high one.

Who know with them though. If their goalies continue stealing games they might be fine. Hard to figure them out this year.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Just send us a pick and it’s done.

nope. Toffoli should be dealt for a prospect or prospects. A pick will take 3 years before they make an impact at which point in time Doughty, Kopitar and Quick will be well past their productive years...well maybe not Drew.

Point is Toffoli needs to be dealt for someone who can contribute sooner than a pick would

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Really? I see Clague, maybe Anderson and a slew of 24-26 year old tweeners that havent shown much yet. Likely another high end forward drafted this year too, so if LA is snagging prospects via trade, D is a good place to start.

agreed. Especially of it is a RHD

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Would do a deal around Heinen or Donato for sure. If Heinen or Donato + 2nd gets it done, I'm all for it. I'd prefer for the Bruins to keep their 1st this year since we traded it last year.

If I was LA, I'd want Gryz with the level of play he brings.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Sure Boston wouldn't rather have Carter?
Donato+Forsbacka-Karlsson+2nd
Carter+Nate Thompson
There is no way the Bruins take Carter unless David Backes is going back to even out salary, Backes has 1 year less than Carter remaining. The Bruins can't keep adding these guys on the wrong side of 30 and be saddled with too many of those aging vet contracts moving forward. I would do JFK + Zboril + Backes for Carter and you can keep Thompson and we keep the 2nd rd. pick.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Would do a deal around Heinen or Donato for sure. If Heinen or Donato + 2nd gets it done, I'm all for it. I'd prefer for the Bruins to keep their 1st this year since we traded it last year.

If I was LA, I'd want Gryz with the level of play he brings.

Would you do both and keep the pick out of it. Kings are looking at a retool and need depth. Outside your 1st I don’t think we’d be interested in a 2nd

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
34 yr old, underperforming, and 3 more years of a 5.2m cap hit...whats not to love?

To be fair, you just described the average of the entire Kings' roster this year.

It's no surprise Pearson had 1 assist in 17 games then right back to his career averages in Pittsburgh.

Carter had 3 seasons in a row of 62, 66, 66, and last season even coming back from the career threatening injury scored at a--wait for it--40 goal, 66 point pace.

It's a gamble on his age and health for sure but pretty sick of people pretending each member of the Kings is only worth their last 20 games when they're ALL terrible. The guy people want to trade for in this thread is struggling just as hard as Carter.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Would you do both and keep the pick out of it. Kings are looking at a retool and need depth. Outside your 1st I don’t think we’d be interested in a 2nd

I think it would feel a little rich on our end with what Heinen was able to achieve last season (slower this season of course), but I feel like it's possible in a much bigger trade.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
There’s a rather large contingent of Bruin fans that would drive Heinen to LA if that’s all the Kings asked for.

Not sure what the team thinks of him though. But he’s running out of lines they could try him on

Last year:
Heinen: 47 points in 77 games as a rookie
Toffoli: 47 points in 82 games

...and he's three years younger, way cheaper and not a UFA for 4-5 years.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Bruins seem to have a lot of young defenders with some good potential

Gryz
Urho
Zboril
Lauzon
Clifton

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017

Well I’d say our top D prospects are: Brickley, Clague, Anderson, and Phillips.

Then the next tier probably:
Strand, Walker

I don’t know where LaDue stands. They’re so back and forth with him

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Well I’d say our top D prospects are: Brickley, Clague, Anderson, and Phillips.

Then the next tier probably:
Strand, Walker

I don’t know where LaDue stands. They’re so back and forth with him
I guess I should clarify that the Kings have a lot of bodies on the blue line. If we trade Toffoli for defense or picks the Bruins dont want to deal what I'd want for him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Lock it up then. Boston’s 1st is going to be too late and they likely don’t want to move Donato or Heinen
Think about it for a second.

If LA is trading Toffoli it's because LA is packing it in and rebuilding. They need secondary scoring, so if they trade Toffoli that makes the problem worse. Therefor they must be looking for futures if they trade him.

If BOS is looking to add Toffoli it's because they need secondary scoring to contend. Thus trading a Top 4 D makes no sense, as no team that wants to contend tries to get weaker at D for the playoffs.

So the "Carlo".... idea just makes zero sense given the kind of deal this would be. LA would be getting futures or they aren't trading Toffoli. They aren't going to get 1 = NHL player at this point in the season.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kings not giving away Toffoli or are they rebuilding.Blake and Luc are retooling.All these threads for Kings players are hilarious with the low balling.Blakes doesnt have to trade Toffoli nor is he going to give away Toffoli for a crap return.Give to get.
Where is the lowball in this thread? The OP asked for what they'd be looking for. Not one single person (before your post) made a lowball offer.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
An offer I put on the Bruins board was

TT, Kyle Clifford and a pick for Acciari, Kampfer, Cehlarik and a pick

but for this topic I will switch it up.

Heinen, Acciari, Cehlarik and Kampfer/Zboril for TT, Clifford and a pick.

Bruins get their 2nd line RW and someone who can defend teammates Kings get some young pieces.
I stand corrected..... THIS is a lowball offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad