Player Discussion Tyler Myers thread

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It's more resentment on my part because giving his deal at the time was the first step on chasing Tanev out of town by JB
there is so much shit wrong with having him on the team. I reallly can't wait to have him get traded.

Reactions: DS7

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
Watching Myers continually make mistakes and shift momentum for the other team makes me mad at a level that I never experienced watching Sbisa, Gudbranson, or Pouliot play. I think the difference being that the Benning era was a joke so those players mistakes were never THAT costly in the grand scheme of things. Now with the team on the rise and starting to figure things out, Myers complete lack of hockey IQ and awareness sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I never want to see him play hockey again for the Canucks.

Reactions: Breakers

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Watching Myers continually make mistakes and shift momentum for the other team makes me mad at a level that I never experienced watching Sbisa, Gudbranson, or Pouliot play. I think the difference being that the Benning era was a joke so those players mistakes were never THAT costly in the grand scheme of things. Now with the team on the rise and starting to figure things out, Myers complete lack of hockey IQ and awareness sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I never want to see him play hockey again for the Canucks.

The only time i feel anger for a Benning D was Gubranson for throwing guys under the bus and being a douche and Sbisa for being a complete dumbass on the ice basically ending our playoffs vs Calgary.

but for the majority of the time, it's hard to get mad at his shitty D because we wanted to tank and his shitty D contributed to it. Now that we have some expectation for the team to win, seeing Myers is just infuriating, you can argue he alone is responsible for like 3 losses this season which is kinda insane. One player should not have that much negative impact.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Myers absolutely sucks when not sheltered and against top competition. He’s totally fine on the bottom pair in limited minutes, but unfortunately he’s got a huge relative cap hit.

Also, playing him with Zadorov because they’re both tall is bloody stupid when they have the same deficiencies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Myers has actually played decently in limited minute so far this year. But then he has a game like last night, where you remember why his career in Vancouver has been so lackluster. It was like the puck was hand grenade whenever he was trying stickhandle.

Jack Hughes was the recipient of his largesse. In the first period, Myers handed the puck to him along the wall, and a micro-second later it was behind Demko. And in the final minute Hughes stripped him and tried to skate in alone. It really should have been a penalty.

It makes you realize that Myers just isn't the kind of d-man you could ever rely on in a playoff game. And the Canucks brass know it.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
there is so much shit wrong with having him on the team. I reallly can't wait to have him get traded.
He’s not getting traded. There’s no point unless someone is willing to eat most of his salary and it doesn’t cost too good of a prospect to deal him. If a team ate his deal in the new year and you had to throw in Bru you do it. But who would do that? Maybe the Flames because they have no D prospects. And they have space and could perhaps bounce Myers somewhere else and eat half his ticket and get another pick/prospect.

At the end of the day I think he plays out the string here. Seems like a good guy who at least tries unlike Eriksson who was an absolute joke in terms of effort.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't care if he would be willing to re-sign for league minimum and be the 9th guy on the depth chart.

DO NOT want to see Myers in a Canucks jersey for anything more than the remainder of the season.

Pretty much the last of the Benning stench... please eradicate it ASAP.

Feb 19, 2018
This is a player who deserves heat and the fanbase not accepting his play anymore. The first thing I look for with a mistake is to see if Myers is on the ice, he usually is.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Just stop playing him or waive him.
No team is gonna trade for Tyler Myers unless we pay premium,
just ride these few months out, its finally coming to an end you guys, rejoice!

Reactions: Jay26

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
myers-soon.jpg

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
does anyone remember which game and what part of it during the st louis series myers remembered that he is gigantic and decided he’d had enough of perron running around and punched straight down at him and crushed him like a thwomp from super mario 3?

all i can remember is it was midway through the series and in the goalmouth after perron ran and/or poked his stick at marky after he’d covered the puck. myers was just standing there staring into space as usual and if you watched his body language it really looked like the lightbulb turned flicked on in his head and he was like, oh yeah, hulk go smash now.

someone should find and make a gif of that sequence

Reactions: Nopefully

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Myers and Kuzmenko are blunt instruments that can be very effective when protected and deployed properly

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Every time I watch that video with angry Myers almost clocking Tavares while he grapples with the other Leaf, I laugh my head off.
Yeah, he has brain farts, but he definitely contributes to the team's success.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad