Injury Report: Tyler Motte out with "significant" injury

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Did he get hurt before or after we clinched playoffs? if he latter, he shouldn't have been in the lineup.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Did he get hurt before or after we clinched playoffs? if he latter, he shouldn't have been in the lineup.
It was before. Wasn't a matter of being in the game, just was an unfortunate hit. Win 2 rounds and you could get him back for a boost when some guys on the 4th line might be hitting empty on the tank.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Motte adds the consistent forechecking jam this team needs, as well as superior PK ability.

All teams deal with injuries. If there is any chance at all to get Goodrow back at some point in addition to Motte to make this team whole for even a small stretch of games, that would be incredible.

And then I think about a 4th line that would actually be this:

Motte Goodrow Blais

But like I said, Pens are down Rakell, Dumoulin, Jarry, Desmith, Zucker. Its never a perfect lineup.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Motte in, Rooney out would make a more significant difference than people realize.

Of course it will probably be Hunt coming out.

With Goodrow out u have to keep Rooney there. U need a center. Hunt is odd man out as reaves is jot leaving the lineup (for better or worse)

even last night, they missed Goody taking some draws
can't see removing Rooney, at least not til Goodrow is back

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Reaves has been one of the Rangers most impactful players. I almost want to see him on Panarin's line for a couple of shifts just to see if he opens things up even more with a hard forecheck.

Reactions: Wtp99 and will1066

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
it’s not like rooney wins face offs or is worth a damn defensively. you can put anyone there and they’ll do just as good

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
it’s not like rooney wins face offs or is worth a damn defensively. you can put anyone there and they’ll do just as good

Career FO%

Goodrow - 51%
McKegg - 49%
Brodzinski - 49%
Rooney - 46%
Reaves - 45%
Motte - 37%
Hunt - 25%

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Career FO%

Rooney - 46%
Motte - 37%
Hunt - 25%
Reaves - 45%
McKegg - 49%
Brodzinski - 49%

now how many face offs have motte and hunt taken in their careers? either way i care more about what they do after the faceoff.

i’m also a big brod fan so…..

Reactions: Do you want ants

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
now how many face offs have motte and hunt taken in their careers? either way i care more about what they do after the faceoff.

i’m also a big brod fan so…..

Motte has taken 154.

Hunt has taken 40.

I'm not opposed to putting Reaves in the dot and letting him play whackamole. Motte has shoulder issues and will have shoulder issues when he returns, so he probably won't be effective on faceoffs (not that he was when healthy).

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Not revealing anything here but got some info on this.

Motte isn't back until at the earliest June. Potentially available during the ECF or SCF, but not certain. Team won't officially announce what it is, we can all guess pretty much what happened.

I was told what the injury is exactly, but can't share. All I'll say is no surgery is needed for it.
Are you sure your source is reliable? Lol, needs surgery & potentially available during the finals? Now he's skating & possible for the 1st round.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I also really like Brodzinski, and think he could be a better option at 4C. I don't think he is much worse defensively, and brings more offense to the table.

That said, based on how they were used especially on the PK Gallant seems to disagree. So it is what it is.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Are you sure your source is reliable? Lol, needs surgery & potentially available during the finals? Now he's skating & possible for the 1st round.
Yes, I was told this was a 12 week injury, but of course these are athletes with access to 24/7 care and the Rangers medical staff is probably the best in the league. We saw guys like Callahan with his subluxation of his shoulder be out for less that 2 weeks when the turnaround on that is longer.

Also, it's possible that it gets to a point where he can play through some pain. The opportunity to play in the postseason is enough to get dudes to do crazy things. Goodrow just likely played through 4 periods with a broken ankle.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Not revealing anything here but got some info on this.

Motte isn't back until at the earliest June. Potentially available during the ECF or SCF, but not certain. Team won't officially announce what it is, we can all guess pretty much what happened.

I was told what the injury is exactly, but can't share. All I'll say is no surgery is needed for it.
Thanks. This sounds consistent with my unofficial dislocated shoulder diagnosis.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
As someone who’s seen it many many times, it’s obvious it was a shoulder dislocation. Sometimes requires surgery, sometimes you can Get by (temporarily) with heavy PT and strengthening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad