Injury Report: Tyler Motte out with "significant" injury

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Mr Gauthier COME ON DOWN.....new life ! It's now or never...if I'm Turk I feed him video of Motte's games and wind him up with some secret sauce and roll him out and tell him to take no prisoners ...but it probably will be McKegg . I was just talking with one of Turk's best buddies this afternoon....I should have had him ask about McKegg LOL....

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Luckily we have the depth to absorb the injury. Take more than a pound of flesh from these weak birds. Bunch of tough guys after the game.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It's obviously a shoulder injury. Hoping somehow 3-4 weeks will be enough time for it to heal.
I am remaining positive.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Motte > than both Rooney and Brod
Well yeah, otherwise why would NYR have been motivated to pay for Motte? At this point they have no option, but I seem to recall Rooney being at least a servicable 4th liner.

Not sure about Brod.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Well yeah, otherwise why would NYR have been motivated to pay for Motte? At this point they have no option, but I seem to recall Rooney being at least a servicable 4th liner.

Not sure about Brod.
Rooney is slower, obviously, but has more offensive upside. Rooney chips in goals, kills penalties, takes the body. Maybe that's not the top criteria for a fourth liner but he's well above replacement level.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
It's obviously a shoulder injury. Hoping somehow 3-4 weeks will be enough time for it to heal.
I am remaining positive.

GG describes injuries where players are out for 3-4 weeks as day-to-day. My guess is, this is a multiple month injury. 6-8 weeks minimum. Blais was the only other injury so far this year where the team came out and said this is a big injury. They didn't even do that with Kakko when they knew he was having surgery and out like 8 weeks. We'll see. Maybe Motte won't be out as long as that, but NYR leans towards making other teams believe the injuries are not as bad as they are.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Rooney is slower, obviously, but has more offensive upside. Rooney chips in goals, kills penalties, takes the body. Maybe that's not the top criteria for a fourth liner but he's well above replacement level.
Motte had like 20+ hits since joining the team though. Would’ve loved to see him and Rooney play together.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
GG describes injuries where players are out for 3-4 weeks as day-to-day. My guess is, this is a multiple month injury. 6-8 weeks minimum. Blais was the only other injury so far this year where the team came out and said this is a big injury. They didn't even do that with Kakko when they knew he was having surgery and out like 8 weeks. We'll see. Maybe Motte won't be out as long as that, but NYR leans towards making other teams believe the injuries are not as bad as they are.
I think Kakko was one where they thought maybe some rehab would help, but he ended up needing surgery.
I dont think gallant goes from day to day, to month to month without some type of reassessment.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
I think Kakko was one where they thought maybe some rehab would help, but he ended up needing surgery.
I dont think gallant goes from day to day, to month to month without some type of reassessment.
GG's never been straight forward with his injury updates. But I'm fine with that. Even if it seems like over-gamesmanship.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Now I'm mad.

Ay least we have depth now and reasonably decent players on the bench behind Motte instead of, you know, Greg McKegg.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Now I'm mad.

Ay least we have depth now and reasonably decent players on the bench behind Motte instead of, you know, Greg McKegg.
With Rooney and Kakko back, we could still run a 4th line of Brod-Goodrow-Hunt with Rooney/Reaves as extras. I never want to see Gregory McKeggory again

Reactions: Machinehead

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rooney is still more than serviceable on the fourth line and can PK well. Of course Motte has that speed and energy that's hard to replace. Tough loss.

FWIW I didn't think the hit was bad. I mean if Trouba did that to someone I'd be okay with it. Looks like it just unfortunately ended up as a shoulder or maybe collarbone.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Rooney is still more than serviceable on the fourth line and can PK well. Of course Motte has that speed and energy that's hard to replace. Tough loss.

FWIW I didn't think the hit was bad. I mean if Trouba did that to someone I'd be okay with it. Looks like it just unfortunately ended up as a shoulder or maybe collarbone.
Agreed. Was upset at the time in the GDT but on second look not anything wrong with it technically.

Still frustrating and upsetting but it’s part of hockey.

Reactions: we want cup

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Any reason he hasn't been able to put up a single point in 9 games?
Vatrano has all the points. Our new sniper! No, in all seriousness, it doesn’t matter. They’re winning. Everybody brings a different ingredient. The fourth line has sustained pressure and set the tone for how they want to play, which is fast and relentless.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Reaves is playing the first game of the playoffs we meet the Penguins, guaranteed. If they want to throw dirty hits that goes unpunished, I think it can be obligued.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad