Injury Report: Tyler Motte out with "significant" injury

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
But a rash of injuries heading into Saturday afternoon’s game with the Bruins left the Rangers’ forward group looking as thin as it did for long stretches of this season. Kaapo Kakko is out again, though Gerard Gallant believes Kakko can return from this latest injury before the end of the regular season. Andrew Copp limped off the UBS Arena ice Thursday in the third period and is day to day; Filip Chytil left that same game and is also day to day. Tyler Motte, who served as a very useful fourth-liner after he was picked up at the deadline, isn’t likely to return this season after his significant injury suffered two weeks ago.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

Pretty obvious he's done for the year. Considering you always need to extent +1 to whatever Gallant says. E.G. Igor is day-to-day (actually week-to-week), KK is week to week (actually month-to-month). He's been pretty clear Motte is severely injured and to me that's more telling in terms of anything.

Sucks, because he was really a solid piece. I'm hoping that maybe this brings his price down over the summer and we can give him a reasonable deal to hang around as a 4th line piece. Motte-Brod-Hunt should be affordable and effective imo.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Pretty obvious he's done for the year. Considering you always need to extent +1 to whatever Gallant says. E.G. Igor is day-to-day (actually week-to-week), KK is week to week (actually month-to-month). He's been pretty clear Motte is severely injured and to me that's more telling in terms of anything.

Sucks, because he was really a solid piece. I'm hoping that maybe this brings his price down over the summer and we can give him a reasonable deal to hang around as a 4th line piece. Motte-Brod-Hunt should be affordable and effective imo.
Eh, I can see him coming back for like the ECF if the Rangers make it that far, but I would bet he's likely out for the 1st round and at least most of the 2nd round if they make it that far.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Motte and Blais are almost certainly done for the season, unless the Rangers make the ECF or SCF.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
And you also never know who is gonna go down with yet another injury.

You just hope it lines up such that McKegg never gets used.

This is really the issue. There WILL be injuries in the playoffs. With Motte and Blais out, next up is McKegg and Gauthier, not Rooney and Hunt.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Blais/Motte would both be in the lineup over two of Hunt/Rooney/Reaves.

I'm certainly not arguing that either of these guys isn't worlds better than the 3 they'd replace, but I can't really see an old school guy like Gallant inserting guys who haven't played in months into the most important game of their lives, replacing those who would have undoubtedly played a role in getting us there.

I think both these guys are done for the year regardless of what happens at this point. Maybe Motte has a very slim chance if we go far enough.

Reactions: LokiDog

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
This is really the issue. There WILL be injuries in the playoffs. With Motte and Blais out, next up is McKegg and Gauthier, not Rooney and Hunt.

Brod should honestly come ahead of both those guys and is a decent option. The Rangers have quite a bit of depth. I realize it would suck to have Gauthier or Brod play, considering it likely means injuries to players who are significantly better than them, but if you think of other teams who have extras they are likely worse than ours.

Reactions: egelband

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Johnny Brods

Johnny Brods would get every second of ice I could give over Kegger and Julian. Don't believe GG necessarily agrees though.
I don't think GG is enamored with Gauthier. I think he likes his speed and size, but man is Gauthier just not a bright hockey player. McKegg too has decent speed and a good motor. But the game is too fast for his brain. Same with Julian frankly. Rooney is better than both. but not by a particularly wide margin. Motte was far ahead of the rest. I think Goodrow, Chytil, Laf or Kakko will end up on the fourth line in the playoffs. I don't see anyway around it.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I don't think GG is enamored with Gauthier. I think he likes his speed and size, but man is Gauthier just not a bright hockey player. McKegg too has decent speed and a good motor. But the game is too fast for his brain. Same with Julian frankly. Rooney is better than both. but not by a particularly wide margin. Motte was far ahead of the rest. I think Goodrow, Chytil, Laf or Kakko will end up on the fourth line in the playoffs. I don't see anyway around it.
That's fine with me. I'm not a Brods fan, but to me he's way better than McKegg and Gauthier. They both are horrible. Was so enamored when the Rangers landed Julian. Thought he was going to be a player.
I was way off.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not revealing anything here but got some info on this.

Motte isn't back until at the earliest June. Potentially available during the ECF or SCF, but not certain. Team won't officially announce what it is, we can all guess pretty much what happened.

I was told what the injury is exactly, but can't share. All I'll say is no surgery is needed for it.

archanfelnsx

Feb 25, 2018
Not revealing anything here but got some info on this.

Motte isn't back until at the earliest June. Potentially available during the ECF or SCF, but not certain. Team won't officially announce what it is, we can all guess pretty much what happened.

I was told what the injury is exactly, but can't share. All I'll say is no surgery is needed for it.
Yup as expected Motte won't be available until at least the ECF. Sounds like a broken clavicle or separated shoulder which are both typically 6-8 weeks minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad