Injury Report: Tyler Motte out with "significant" injury

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Motte would be great to have back if he was replacing Rooney or Reaves but we all know he'd be replacing Hunt which really wouldn't be an upgrade at all.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Are you arguing for McKegg? Because that would be awful.
McKegg is the only player worse than him.

Someone else can lose 60% of their face offs while being an offensive black hole and defensive atrocity. Put Hunt at center and I don’t think it would be any worse.

The answer is Brodzinski though.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Lmao i know we want rooney out of the lineup but cmon Motte is an upgrade over Hunt
he likely is but Hunt is better than Rooney who should be the one coming out. he’s by far the worst player on that line.

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO
The surprising thing with shoulder dislocation is that generally speaking if you’ve had only one then a little bit of physical therapy should be good to go for you to come back and play in about three weeks. So I don’t know his history of possibly having other shoulder dislocation‘s which make it a little bit more difficult to come back.

That’s sort of why I thought it might be a clavicle fracture just from a timeframe standpoint.

Reactions: Crease

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Game 6 on Friday would be five weeks in recovery, hoping for that, would be a nice addition.

Or, the Rangers just win in 5 tbh.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Just want to jump in and say, I really liked Motte's game in the two he played against the Penguins. Especially on the PK. He did everything right but score on his breakaway (still got a great shot off though).

I feel way better about our 4th line with him playing. Now only if we can get Goodrow back.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Tyler made the rest of the team look really slow. Obviously he is FRESH and those legs were a churning. Thought crossed my mind, that his missed breakaway would be our last really good chance to tie the game. Thank goodness it wasn't.

Next year, 4th line consists of Motte/Goodrow/Blais?

What team woudn't want that? Speed/Experience/Physicality coupled with solid defensive play.
Point is.....any one of them would/could/should be on the 3rd line.
But if they are the 4th, makes Rangers quite the well rounded "roll the lines", with little thinking from GG........type team.

Reactions: LoveGoons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad