Player Discussion Tyler Motte Appreciation

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Maybe the Canucks have finally figured it out with players like MacEwen, Michaelis, Hawryluk and Vesey, who all come in well under $1m a season. Unfortunately they still have a lot albatross contracts on the books for guys who aren't even as good.

I'd hope so, but we can't really tell if they are targeting cheap players on purpose or cheap players are the only ones they can target because we have no cap.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
poor guy cant even stay healthy enough. the way he plays he always gets hurt minus the penalty killing shot blocking part.

Reactions: F A N

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'd hope so, but we can't really tell if they are targeting cheap players on purpose or cheap players are the only ones they can target because we have no cap.

This isn't something new though. Benning does like to pick up youngish bottom 6 players with some perceived upside: Leipsic, Dowd, Motte, Leivo, Shore, Cramarossa were picked up/acquired and given opportunities to play.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The way Motte plays (100 percent physical effort on every shift) inevitably means the injuries will pile up.

Can you imagine what the Canucks would have if Virtanen had a fraction of the drive and determination of Motte?

And you'd think other players on the bench would see the passion and energy Motte plays with every night, and get inspired by it. But doesn't appear to have happened much this season.

Reactions: David71

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Tyler Motte is listed as a center, does anyone know how much center he actually played prior to the NHL?

I think he’s a player capable of having a break out season with a bit more opportunity, and enough luck to stay healthy. I wonder if he’d be a decent stop gap at 3C assuming we spend our cap space this off-season on the blue line in lieu of a center.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
The way Motte plays (100 percent physical effort on every shift) inevitably means the injuries will pile up.

Can you imagine what the Canucks would have if Virtanen had a fraction of the drive and determination of Motte?

And you'd think other players on the bench would see the passion and energy Motte plays with every night, and get inspired by it. But doesn't appear to have happened much this season.

Yeah, reminds me about what Ferraro was talking about re: Canucks lacking an identity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad