Confirmed with Link: Tyler Johnson for Brent Seabrook

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If TJ is our 3C and can win some face offs that’s not the worst case scenario. Give him a couple wingers with speed and skill and you’ve got at least an average 3rd line to work with. Plenty of options for those winger spots too.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
I think my head is exploding.

Today is fun.

I think there's some more crazy stuff coming up and I think he's going for a FA. He can go 10% over during the summer so that Johnson pick up added some space for even more chaos. That 2nd can clear another contract out too.

Johnson is still going to be somewhat useful too.

He's gone full Stanimal. What's next?

Imagine if he moved Shaw's contract or Connolly for something useful or moved it with Dylan Strome as the sweetener.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
When looking at this deal, you have to factor Suter into it. They didn’t sign him because they were going after Johnson
…to get rid of Seabrooks contract. But absolutely correct that Suter is a casualty.

Stan couldn’t/wouldn’t operate with the LTIR. TBL has no problem with that. I wish Stan didn’t either.

I guess we’ll see what Suter gets. If it’s $3m, then is it worth the extra $2m to pay Johnson to get rid of Seabrook’s contract (and get the pick)? Maybe, but it also might be Borgstrom 2.0.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I'd have rather given Danault the money we gave Johnson depending on term, but I wouldn't blame Phil if he despised Stan for giving up on him early to get a couple plugs as rentals.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It’s funny because now that we have no cap space left, people are gonna say oh stan had to trade players away for nothing or give a few important picks along because other teams have the leverage lol

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
It’s funny because now that we have no cap space left, people are gonna say oh stan had to trade players away for nothing or give a few important picks along because other teams have the leverage lol

Depending on what the Hawks are willing to use as sweeteners, Strome, CDH, and Connolly are all trade candidates right now. Plus they still have Shaw's money to stash on LTIR.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
…to get rid of Seabrooks contract. But absolutely correct that Suter is a casualty.

Stan couldn’t/wouldn’t operate with the LTIR. TBL has no problem with that. I wish Stan didn’t either.

I guess we’ll see what Suter gets. If it’s $3m, then is it worth the extra $2m to pay Johnson to get rid of Seabrook’s contract (and get the pick)? Maybe, but it also might be Borgstrom 2.0.

stan not using something to his advantage isn’t a reason to make bad decisions, it’s a reason to fire Stan

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would guess he gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6 years and $5.5-6M AAV, which would put his deal ending right around the same time as Johnson's age wise.

Well he is top UFA C on market and those guys always get paid big

We shall see but I wont be shocked to see him get AAV of 6-7M from someone

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Kubalik-Toews-Hagel/Reichel
DeBrincat-Dach-Kane
Nylander-Johnson-Hagel/Reichel
Kurashev-Carpenter-Gaudette
(Trade Strome and Connolly)

decent forward combos

If we can also trade de Haan and sign one more legit defenseman AND Fleury decides not to retire we might actually be halfway decent.

Reactions: tdfxman

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Depending on what the Hawks are willing to use as sweeteners, Strome, CDH, and Connolly are all trade candidates right now. Plus they still have Shaw's money to stash on LTIR.

You think CDH and Connolly are easily tradeable? Other GMs will suck Stan’s blood to take those horrendous contacts from him. There is only one Stan to take away things and save your cap situation. Just when this team got out of cap hell now we are in much much worse condition…

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
You think CDH and Connolly are easily tradeable? Other GMs will suck Stan’s blood to take those horrendous contacts from him. There is only one Stan to take away things and save your cap situation. Just when this team got out of cap hell now we are in much much worse condition…

That's why I mentioned the "sweetener" portion of it. CDH will be easier than Connolly since he is a UFA and a team could always flip him at the TDL. Strome won't require a sweetener. If Bill Armstrong is willing to take on one more bad deal for a pick or two, maybe he's Stan's guy for Connolly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad