Chabot
Slavin
Martinez
Girard
Ekholm
Petry
Weegar
Pesce

Im not sure all of these are BETTER than Jones. Probably at least half.

When you get to value per cap dollar, its not a bad list.

Fowler, Burns and Doughty are the ones I cant really get behind. Fowler has never really been as good (ie: impactful) as advertised. Doughty’s had as many rough seasons as Jones and is older and more expensive. Burns is way too old for his current money and term.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Zach f***ing Hyman had an eight year deal at over 5 agreed upon with the Oilers. Somebody will give Danault right around 7x7. Top six centers, top four defenseman, and top six wingers with size or jam get paid through the nose and then some every single summer.

If Danault signs for 5x5, absolutely the better way to go. I'll gladly put a hundo on both numbers being above that if you're willing.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
If TB 3peats its because they have the best goalie , best forward and best dman in NHL on team

No other team has that
And they’ve benefited from short schedules with lessened travel and no offseason Olympics to increase the grind and wear them down. The threepeat is much easier in this scenario.

RedDogBedard

Nov 16, 2019
Hedman
Fox
Makar
Heiskanen
Chychrun
Letang
Pietrangelo
Hamilton
Carlson
Josi
Ellis
Sergachev
Provorov
Lindholm
Fowler
D. Toews
Ekblad
Giordano
Burns
Doughty
Rielly
Pulock
McAvoy
Klingberg
Chabot
Slavin
Martinez
Girard
Ekholm
Petry
Weegar
Pesce

I find the fact that you took 5-10 minutes to compile a list that you almost certainly knew you'd get ridiculed for a bit concerning...

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Am I the only one thinks Suter is better than Johnson at this stage?
I don't get what Bowman was doing here. The late 2nd can't be that valuable that you'd pay $5M for Johnson vs $3.25M for a younger/better Suter at the same position.

I hope Johnson proves me wrong of course.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't get what Bowman was doing here. The late 2nd can't be that valuable that you'd pay $5M for Johnson vs $3.25M for a younger/better Suter at the same position.

I believe Johnson is better more versatile, but you are ignoring the Seabs contract we unloaded.

This isn't just $5 mil vs $3.25 mil - we just unloaded LTIR cap that we don't need to deal with anymore and got a 2nd rounder out of it...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Suter is not better than Johnson. At anything. It makes all the sense in the world. Hawks upgraded at center for a $1.8M difference in cap space, got rid of the Seabrook LTIR contract, and got a 2nd rounder out of it. Johnson produced at a very similar clip to Suter, playing 4th line minutes with 4th liners... There's no negative to these moves at all.

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018

Stanley Cup Pedigree.....this is priceless

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I’m neither here nor there on this trade. Cool that we traded away Seabs contract and got something for it. But I haven’t kept up with Johnson at all and not sure how he fits in. Pretty big cap hit for someone who is hopefully a middle 6 player.

What happened to this guy’s career? Last I remember, he was a promising young player. Clearly I’ve been out of the loop.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Getting Johnson who can pkay both C and W is giid versatile use move..

It covers deoth issue if Toews fails in comeback or if a top six winger getscinjured...he can move upto 2 top line role.

Johnson was inder-used in TB given alk the depth that forwards theyvhadvpastv2 seasons...

This way Reichel can start in Rocfordxandctakextinecto adjystvto NA smaller rink and tougher competition here.

IF REICHEL proves he bekingsci rgecshiw now then it gives JC options about who is 3C o 4C or if they want to go to ac4 line equal 5x5 roratation...

I think thec4th kine may be a lit morevoroductivevtgan we saw with the likes of Kampf and Carpenter etc..

I would buy our Carpenter but Stan said no buyouts ..so he coukd be stapledvto the bench 13th F.

So the fun starts on re-jiggingcalk the line combos...

Have at it.

You left out that he could captain your 2nd PP unit. He's damned good in the middle or on the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad