Tyler Bozak - Positive or Negative impact on the team?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Read the Poll Question.

"Positive, Negative or Neutral influence at 20+ mins a night?"

Go back to the playoff threads.

Everyone here was talking about we couldn't win without the guy.

What have you done for me lately?!

Penalty Kill Icing*

I have no doubt that Tyler Bozak would have had a positive impact on the final 10 minutes of the Leafs' last game of the 2013 playoffs.

And I have no doubt that he would've missed the 4th goal that was scored by Kadri on pass by Kessel.

No point of discussing 'What ifs'. Lets play the card we are dealt with.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Neutral.

He is what he is, above average defensive center who is a below-average top-6 point producer. Yea, yea, show me his stats compared to that of other top-6 forwards but remind yourself that his linemates prop up his already dissapointing point totals. The big thing, for me, is that there is a HUGE room for improvement on that top line if we could replace Bozie with a competent top-line forward who can also play decent D. He could've ended the game vs. Ottawa in regular time if he didn't fan on a puck that was dished straight into his wheelhouse (to use a baseball term) as an example

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Please get out. 49% isn't every single faceoff. :laugh:

Dude, he's taking faceoffs mostly against scrubs. Players like Lecavalier, Giroux, Duchene, Stastny, Michell will clean him right out. As a matter of fact, Carlyle has given Kadri ample of chances to prove his faceoff prowess. Unfortunately, he's pretty much dropped the ball every chance he got (except for against MTL).

o69j.jpg

Only the fact that he's playing sheltered minutes maintains the illusion that Kadri's FO% is fine. Just watch the games, and keep track of who Kadri is facing off against, as for every game, he'll get 4-5 chances to prove himself against top 6 centers. Once he can start winning at least 2 out of 5 consistently, he'll earn his spot on the 2nd line.

The sooner you accept how bad Kadri really is at faceoffs, the sooner you'll start reducing the risk of bursting a blood vessel trying to figure out why Carlyle doesn't trust Kadri yet. Carlyle didn't even dare to test him against Spezza, and good thing, too, he would have gotten destroyed. The good news is, faceoffs is very much a learned skill so the ball is in Naz's court now.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Dude, he's taking faceoffs mostly against scrubs. Players like Lecavalier, Giroux, Duchene, Stastny, Michell will clean him right out. As a matter of fact, Carlyle has given Kadri ample of chances to prove his faceoff prowess. Unfortunately, he's pretty much dropped the ball every chance he got (except for against MTL).

o69j.jpg

Only the fact that he's playing sheltered minutes maintains the illusion that Kadri's FO% is fine. Just watch the games, and keep track of who Kadri is facing off against, as for every game, he'll get 4-5 chances to prove himself against top 6 centers. Once he can start winning at least 2 out of 5 consistently, he'll earn his spot on the 2nd line.

The sooner you accept how bad Kadri really is at faceoffs, the sooner you'll start reducing the risk of bursting a blood vessel trying to figure out why Carlyle doesn't trust Kadri yet. Carlyle didn't even dare to test him against Spezza, and good thing, too, he would have gotten destroyed. The good news is, faceoffs is very much a learned skill so the ball is in Naz's court now.

Bollands pretty horrible at faceoffs too, what do you suggest we do with him?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
But I don't want to leave :cry: this is one of my favorite threads. Particularly because its a thread on my all-time favorite leafs player.

Nice dodge, do you ever discuss hockey? Do you believe players are only measured by how many points they produce? Is this the only critaria you use? Simple questions if you want to discuss hockey.

BTW I was on the Kadri bandwagon when he was called a bust last autumn. You only joined in Mar 2013. You don't have the history of backing him as I did.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Bollands pretty horrible at faceoffs too, what do you suggest we do with him?

Bolland regularly draws tough matchups and wins over 40% of his draws. If Kadri could do the same, he'd be on the second line now, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Edit: A few other things make Bolland a safer choice for #2C right now. He doesn't take shifts off, he's pretty good along the boards and some of those "lost" faceoffs end up being recovered by Bolland's line. Same is true for Bozak, especially on the PK. He applies pretty good puck pursuit/pressure.

Last edited:

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Nice dodge, do you ever discuss hockey? Do you believe players are only measured by how many points they produce? Is this the only critaria you use? Simple questions if you want to discuss hockey.

BTW I was on the Kadri bandwagon when he was called a bust last autumn. You only joined in Mar 2013. You don't have the history of backing him as I did.

Just because I joined a hockey forum late its amazing how you assume I'm an uneducated hockey fan or a bandwagoner. Also, judging by how you reply to almost all my posts I'm starting to feel like you love me or something. Sorry I really don't feel the same way.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Just because I joined a hockey forum late its amazing how you assume I'm an uneducated hockey fan or a bandwagoner. Also, judging by how you reply to almost all my posts I'm starting to feel like you love me or something. Sorry I really don't feel the same way.

Funny, I thought this was the reason why someone posts on a message board, to interact with it's members.

Ask you again, are points the only critaria when you measure a player? It's not a hard question if you want to truly discuss hockey.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

:laugh::laugh:

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Funny, I thought this was the reason why someone posts on a message board, to interact with it's members.

Ask you again, are points the only critaria when you measure a player? It's not a hard question if you want to truly discuss hockey.

Coming from someone that takes a heavy emphasis on a players Weight into account, yeah I think points are a better criteria than* mass.

hockeyfanz*

Positive
He got kessel to sign.

Really? Is Kessel that stupid that he would decide the fate of his home and future for the next 8 years based on where Tyler Bozak plays? Seriously? This is how grown adults make career decisions. Wake up.

So if Nonis did the right thing and let Bozie walk..then I assume Kessel would have gone somewhere else? Sure.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Coming from someone that takes a heavy emphasis on a players Weight into account, yeah I think points are a better criteria that mass.

BTW you do not have to say sorry to me, if you want to talk hockey I will be happy to discuss anything hockey related with you. But judging by your last 2 replies, I don't think you do.

And you can look it up, when Kadri was down, I still believed in him. Did you?

leafstilldeath*

So all you Bozak believers didn't answer the question I posted. Here it is again...answer it

1)Name the best forward on the 29 other teams
2) Name the line mates the best forward plays with
3) Now compare these line mates to bozak.

Are these line mates better, equal or worse than Bozak?

Give reasons why. Just pick any successful franchise and proceed. Do not have to name all 29 just 3 successful franchises. If you can't answer that stop this hardon for Bozo the clown.

As was before, is and will be Bozak SUCKS as a top 6 forward

Last edited by a moderator:

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Really? Is Kessel that stupid that he would decide the fate of his home and future for the next 8 years based on where Tyler Bozak plays? Seriously? This is how grown adults make career decisions. Wake up.

So if Nonis did the right thing and let Bozie walk..then I assume Kessel would have gone somewhere else? Sure.

Exactly.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
So all you Bozak believers didn't answer the question I posted. Here it is again...answer it

1)Name the best forward on the 29 other teams
2) Name the line mates the best forward plays with
3) Now come these line mates to bozak.

Are these line mates better, equal or worse than Bozak?

Give reasons why. Just pick any successful franchise and proceed. Do not have to name all 29 just 3 successful franchises. If you can't answer that stop this hardon for Bozo the clown.

As was before, is and will be Bozak SUCKS as a top 6 forward

Name who you would put in Bozak place, and why. If not on our team, how do you get them and what is their cap hit?
Explain how this fixes the problem on our top line, whatever it is.

If not, stop this irrational hatred of Bozak.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00