Injury Report: Tyler Bozak (LTIR)

SteveV*

Carlyle's comments made it seem like Bozak could be out longer, sounds like they aren't quite sure extent yet.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I don't mind him being out for a week. Gives us a chance to see more of Kadri on the first line and Bolland playing more.

SteveV*

Kadri is destined to be the long term top center anyways, this just expedites the process.

Tyler Biggs*

What a beauty by Bolland. At least we got McLaren back last night. Will add a bit of much needed grit.

Looseball

Sep 22, 2011
Yea, just walked by Bozak in the lot at work. He was walking to his car, was limping pretty badly. Seemed to be favoriting his right leg so I'm assuming when he fell it hurt his left hip or lower.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Let's hope one of Bolland or Kadri do no go down. If one did, I would bet Bozak becomes very valuable to even his critics. Leafs don't have much past Trevor Smith in the minors.

We could survive the lost of 1 of Kadri, Bolland, and Bozak for a short time. But 2? That's too much of a hole to overcome. This would pretty much torpedo the season for us.

Think about it for those that say Bozak hurt is a blessing, think about it when we lost him after game 5 against Boston last year.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
That top line is better without Bozak

Any specific reasons why you are saying this after one game?

Kessel's goal was all work from JVR and Kessel, something Bozak critics always mention when this occurs with Bozie.

If you are talking about Kadri's goal, than yes, great goal, great vision. Not enough to come to the conclusion that this line is better without Bozak though.

Also, I thought the line had a mediocre game, a lot resulting from Kadri's inability to get the puck of the draws.

Let's hope one of Bolland or Kadri do no go down. If one did, I would bet Bozak becomes very valuable to even his critics. Leafs don't have much past Trevor Smith in the minors.

We could survive the lost of 1 of Kadri, Bolland, and Bozak for a short time. But 2? That's too much of a hole to overcome. This would pretty much torpedo the season for us.

Think about it for those that say Bozak hurt is a blessing, think about it when we lost him after game 5 against Boston last year.

I see what you are saying, but this can be said about any team in the NHL.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I like Bozak but Kadri has to seize this opportunity. As J-Roc would say, carpe dizzem.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
He should go LTIR, you shouldn't gamble with a back injury. PLUS if he goes LTIR we get cap space back.

This comment is gold. Are you a doctor? Do you know the extensiveness on the injury? If you didn't say YES to all three of these questions, you shouldn't have any input on what they're doing.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This comment is gold. Are you a doctor? Do you know the extensiveness on the injury? If you didn't say YES to all three of these questions, you shouldn't have any input on what they're doing.

Nonis will do exactly as I say. Sheesh

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't hate Bozak at all, but there's no doubt this is a huge opportunity for Kadri, which could definitely change Randy's outlook on the lineup.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
What's the point getting salary cap back without having a player to play?!:handclap::help:

Every little bit adds up maybe over the course of a.season by trade deadline we would have saved enough to add someone for a couple of months. Have a little foresight.. Is that enough help for you?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
This is a golden opportunity for Kadri......if he can take the reigns...it'll be awesome. However it's not only about skill he has to show he can take the top line center responsibilities as well. Bozak doesn't have top line skill but he has top six defensive, and face-off ability.

Tyler Biggs*

This team has potential to be scary good with an elite centre over Bozak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad