Confirmed with Link: Two-year extensions for Hayden ($750K aav) and Hinostroza ($1.5m aav)

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Sign Hayden for close to league min but pay Gustafsson 1.2m per after playing in AHL for 2 years. Alrighty then. Very good deal.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hayden was pretty noticeable in the playoff games I watched for Rockford. Looks like he developed quite a bit down there.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Fair deal. It's about what a 4th liner should be making in the cap era.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Awesome deal for him.

Honestly, I think the only reason he's a 4th line wing here is because we have so few other guys who fit the mold of a 4th liner (style wise). I view him more like a young Bickell without the rings, but guys like Sikura and Duclair aren't going to get hard, heavy minutes; so unlike Bicks, Hayden won't get the same opportunities to be in the top 9.

Reactions: TheDoorDoctor

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

From the Athletic:

The Blackhawks and Vinnie Hinostroza agreed Friday to a two-year contract extension, a source told The Athletic.
Hinostroza, 24, will have a $1.5 million cap hit. He’s coming off his entry-level contract and was set to become a restricted free agent.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Figured I might as well add Hino's to the thread as well. Powers also said that the Hawks are close to re-signing Jurco

migi

Feb 25, 2015
$1.5 mil is a great deal for Hino from Hawks perspective.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Hino's deal could be a big steal if he continues how he played before the entire team fell apart in the last month.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Hyperbole is off the charts here.

Hino is worth league minimum at best, his tiny frame is good for a few pretty skates in circles and maybe an accidental puck in the net when the stars align. Another pampered Stanley blunder in the making. My Grandma has a better board game than Hinostroza and if not for the league minimum that overgrown toddler would be sleeping in a van down by the river.

(I think that's how it works, I'm new to this)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Hino is worth league minimum at best, his tiny frame is good for a few pretty skates in circles and maybe an accidental puck in the net when the stars align. Another pampered Stanley blunder in the making. My Grandma has a better board game than Hinostroza and if not for the league minimum that overgrown toddler would be sleeping in a van down by the river.

Shit, beat me to it lol

Reactions: ChiHawks10

migi

Feb 25, 2015

Nicely done. Haha.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Predicted .925 for Hayden, .750 is a good deal. 2 years too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad