Confirmed with Link: Two-year extensions for Hayden ($750K aav) and Hinostroza ($1.5m aav)

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hino's deal could be a big steal if he continues how he played before the entire team fell apart in the last month.

I want to see Hino take the extra step. IMO, he needs to show the same grit around the net that we regularly see from him on the forecheck. We see too many fly-bys near the blue paint for my liking.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Cant complain about the deals. Hoping Jurco and Duclair get done. I know its an unpopular opinion but id like to give Duclair one more shot to ear a role on this team. If not I'm sure he could be flipped for a pick later on in the upcoming season.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Duclair should absolutely get a new deal, he didn't have enough time to get adjusted here and showed some promise and has wheels.

I couldn't careless about Jurco, but he is a solid depth/RFD guy.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Hyperbole is off the charts here.

Hino is worth league minimum at best, his tiny frame is good for a few pretty skates in circles and maybe an accidental puck in the net when the stars align. Another pampered Stanley blunder in the making. My Grandma has a better board game than Hinostroza and if not for the league minimum that overgrown toddler would be sleeping in a van down by the river.

(I think that's how it works, I'm new to this)

POTD! Well done.

andyhawk

Jan 23, 2016
Czech Rep
Good deals today. I was a little bit worried how these deals would look after resigning Gustafsson and Rutta earlier.

I have high hopes for Hino that he can do even better than this year, possible play some complementary role in Top6 consistently, he had a good stretch with Toews last year. Hayden is nice depth/bottom6 option to have for that money.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Cant complain about the deals. Hoping Jurco and Duclair get done. I know its an unpopular opinion but id like to give Duclair one more shot to ear a role on this team. If not I'm sure he could be flipped for a pick later on in the upcoming season.

Agreed. One of the few benefits of missing the PO's is Stan doesn't feel obliged to overpay players who need to be re-signed. ... though the Gus re-signing for that amount was questionable.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So how much cap space do we have now?

Google is your friend

Capfriendly

Hunny too much at 1.5 but meh whatever, Hayden got what he deserved. 3rd/4th liners on a bottom 16 team type guys. Nothing to really see here. I will count it as a victory for Stan when they actually exceed expectations, let not give him a ring just yet.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Awesome price for both guys, especially when looking at the deals Bowman gave Rutta and Gus.

Hino can absolutely explode offensively next season IMO. Statistically, he was generating more chances than Kane for a few months last year. He slowed down the last month of the season, but I wonder how much of that was his hernia injury affecting things.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Perhaps an extra forward, but one who plays in RFD and is around for emergency call-up. Surely, Blackhawks have someone in the org who can fill that last spot ahead of Jurco. A two-way contract would be my preference.

One way or two way has no bearing on his waiver eligibility. I like him as the 13th guy on the roster because you can plug him into a couple different roles.

Reactions: BK and CallMeShaft

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
One way or two way has no bearing on his waiver eligibility. I like him as the 13th guy on the roster because you can plug him into a couple different roles.

I was willing to give Jurco the benefit of the doubt for a while after the serious injury he suffered as a Red Wing but he just can't score at the NHL level. That is the bottom line. He is a decent skater and barely adequate defensively but even 4th liners need to have some offense to their game and bury a few when the opportunity is given them. Jurco always manages to blow it.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Hayden deal is good, that's probably fair considering he spent time in the AHL this year. I love the Hino deal. If this guy doesn't have a breakout year I'll eat my hat.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Was reading an article on the athletic about the signings.

Despite a mediocre last month for Hino, he still wound up 3rd on the team in points per 60 minutes at even strength (1.98pts) and 4th place for the entire team in corsi with 53.82 (minimum games played of 41).

Hayden deal is good, that's probably fair considering he spent time in the AHL this year. I love the Hino deal. If this guy doesn't have a breakout year I'll eat my hat.

That's a win-win. If he does well, awesome. If he doesn't, we get the satisfaction of knowing that you are going to eat your hat.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
That's a win-win. If he does well, awesome. If he doesn't, we get the satisfaction of knowing that you are going to eat your hat
It’s a cheap hat too, with the plastic mesh on the back half and everything. Needless to say, I’m pretty confident in Hino.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It’s a cheap hat too, with the plastic mesh on the back half and everything. Needless to say, I’m pretty confident in Hino.
Man, cheap hats taste the worst. Might be a good idea to invest in a top hat or fedora just in case.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Duclair should absolutely get a new deal, he didn't have enough time to get adjusted here and showed some promise and has wheels.

I couldn't careless about Jurco, but he is a solid depth/RFD guy.
Don’t see any reason to sign Jurco, and Duclair just sign and trade.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I suspect Hino will always be underrated by some folks here. It's been going on since he first arrived in Chicago, beginning with the knob behind the bench. He's only going to get better.

To be fair he wasn’t that good when he arrived in Chicago. Only after being called up from Rockford last year did he look like a different player that was much improved.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
To be fair he wasn’t that good when he arrived in Chicago. Only after being called up from Rockford last year did he look like a different player that was much improved.
He was awesome in preseason and deserved a roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->