GDT: Two nights after a 9:30 start, YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES are playing when? Canes v. Lightning Bugs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Shayne Gostisbehere providing his perspective on playing his first game at PNC Arena...

"It's been a long time since I've played a home game in a building that full. There was a good energy out there and we played a heck of a game, too... You don't get too many [arenas] that match the energy of this building. It was pretty cool to see."

Jesperi Kotkaniemi on what he feels Shayne Gostisbehere has brought to the Canes power play through two games: "A lot of goals."

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Found on r/canes :laugh:

2AF8686D-B6B0-42DF-AEC8-19461C2F498A.jpeg

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think the Cup is basically either the Canes or Bruins.

The west has no team that is going to win a 7 game series against either teams unless big injury.
ehh this is hockey there will be 16 teams with a shot to win it all. We've seen crazy upsets and runs from teams who on paper shouldn't stand a chance. Bruins are easily favorites, I like the Canes' odds but I'm not sure they're significantly better than Toronto/Tampa/NYR/NJD. None of these 6 teams in the East advancing would surprise me at all. And I'm not counting out the West; especially if the Oilers can figure out how to play D or the Avs get healthy.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think the Cup is basically either the Canes or Bruins.

The west has no team that is going to win a 7 game series against either teams unless big injury.

Likely so.

I’ll add that I think the Rangers could make some noise too. So, I’d say I think it’s between the Bruins, Canes and Rangers coming out of the East.

They’ve looked out of sorts so far, but something tells me NYR will pull it together in the 20gms leading up to the playoffs. If they do, that team is friggin scary. BOS too, line after line that can score. DeBrusk and Bertuzzi on the 3rd line (I think) is unfair.

The key for the Canes will be whether or not players like Svechnikov, Necas, Jarvis and Teravainen can carry over their current level of play into the playoffs. If so, then I like their chances against anyone.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Likely so.

I’ll add that I think the Rangers could make some noise too. So, I’d say I think it’s between the Bruins, Canes and Rangers coming out of the East.

They’ve looked out of sorts so far, but something tells me NYR will pull it together in the 20gms leading up to the playoffs. If they do, that team is friggin scary. BOS too, line after line that can score. DeBrusk and Bertuzzi on the 3rd line (I think) is unfair.

The key for the Canes will be whether or not players like Svechnikov, Necas, Jarvis and Teravainen can carry over their current level of play into the playoffs. If so, then I like their chances against anyone.

Everyone should be a lot more concerned with Tampa looking like complete ass lately. They have 19 games to figure their shit out and if they do, and get rolling going into the playoffs thats gonna be a problem for everyone in the East. Plus it's looking like TOR/TBL. I mean, do we have to even say it.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Everyone should be a lot more concerned with Tampa looking like complete ass lately. They have 19 games to figure their shit out and if they do, and get rolling going into the playoffs thats gonna be a problem for everyone in the East.
honestly does Tampa really care at this point? why should they? they arent catching Boston for #1. They are .070 percentage points ahead of Buffalo for 3rd place in the Atlantic (11 points but played 2 more games). As long as they dont blow a 11 point lead with 19 to go, it doesnt really matter. They have proved the last 2 years being 2nd or 3rd in the your division doesnt matter. just playing well in the playoffs does.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
honestly does Tampa really care at this point? why should they? they arent catching Boston for #1. They are .070 percentage points ahead of Buffalo for 3rd place in the Atlantic (11 points but played 2 more games). As long as they dont blow a 11 point lead with 19 to go, it doesnt really matter. They have proved the last 2 years being 2nd or 3rd in the your division doesnt matter. just playing well in the playoffs does.

Who knows what's happening behind the scenes, but I would think they still care. Biz on TNT last night alluded to the fact that fatigue (mental as well as physical) could be a factor, and he's probably right to a degree. They've been at the top of the league competitively for years now.

Reactions: ndp

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Likely so.

Rangers have a good chance but I don't believe in their defensive depth.

Reactions: zman77

StrmSurge

Skol!
Mar 19, 2019
Salem, SC
Years ago, a fan of another Canadian team was trying to insult me by being a fan from NC and told me to "sit on the couch and eat cookies", so I leaned into it and came up with this avatar.

Haha the story makes it even more ingenius. Why would someone insult you for being a Canes fan from NC? Did you inform them the Canes play in Raleigh, NC? Lmao. Or was this one of those southern hockey bashing elitists northern elitists? Those are a dime a dozen.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Haha the story makes it even more ingenius. Why would someone insult you for being a Canes fan from NC? Did you inform them the Canes play in Raleigh, NC? Lmao. Or was this one of those southern hockey bashing elitists northern elitists? Those are a dime a dozen.
Thing is, I spent 30+ years of my life living in the very north of the US where hockey was big, and I played some hockey up there as a kid, and later as an adult in beer leagues, and coached youth hockey teams as well both up there and down here. Doesn't mean I know any more or less than anyone else, just that what he was trying to insult me with wasn't even reality. Rather than try to engage with the poster, it was more fun to just adopt the avatar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad