GDT: Two nights after a 9:30 start, YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES are playing when? Canes v. Lightning Bugs.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Did he mean true back to back, as in one night after another, or did he mean they'll switch off every other game?

It is somewhat ambiguous. If it's the latter it would have been clearer if he had used the term "consecutive" instead of "back to back". I just scanned the remaining schedule and the the Canes have two instances of 2 days off between games, four five true back to backs, and the rest are every other day.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Probably not what I just described because I enjoy making myself look silly I am sure.

The old rule of assume gets me again
You may be right though. It wasn't clear to me. It looks like there are 5 true B2B left in the season so that's 10 out of the remaining 22 games that are part of a true B2B.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It is somewhat ambiguous. If it's the latter it would have been clearer if he had used the term "consecutive" instead of "back to back". I just scanned the remaining schedule and the the Canes have two instances of 2 days off between games, four true back to backs, and the rest are every other day.
I think it's 5:

Mar 11/12
Mar 17/18
Mar 25/26
Apr 1/2
Apr 10/11

So 10 of the remaining 22 games are part of a "true B2B".

Is Puljujärvi playing?
No. They said he won't be joining the team til the MTL game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad