Proposal: Two Draisaitl Trade Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Look at it from this perspective:

Hopkins is good enough to play 2nd line C, but he's not a real line driver unless you're telling him and his line-mates to just go out there and shut down the opposition. At the same time Hopkins is the ideal LW for McDavid.

If we trade away Drai Hopkins is back at center.

I'm very much in favor of holding onto McDavid, Hopkins, Drai, Yama and Puljujarvi and I don't care what that means to the other fan bases here.

A few years ago we had Hall, Eberle and Hopkins but they were accomplishing nothing. We sucked at every position.

Now we've got a few good pieces on the back end and are only missing a PMD and a top 4 d-man to play on the right side.

Up front we've got 2 very good centers and in Strome and Juju we might have 2 more for the 3rd and 4th line. Jury is still out on that. On the wings it's great to have Hopkins. He's not only compatible with McDavid, but he's a great insurance policy in case McDavid or Drai get hurt as he can also play center. Yama will be ready to contribute in the NHL next season or the season after and Puljujarvi is getting bigger, faster than better as he matures.

Most of the pieces you need for a solid core are there and making a trade that involves sending our 2nd best player to another team doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you're going into a rebuild or unless you're getting an overpayment.

If that's amusing to you, then the joke is on you because you're failing to understand the values of players from the perspective of fans of opposing teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Look at it from this perspective:

Hopkins is good enough to play 2nd line C, but he's not a real line driver unless you're telling him and his line-mates to just go out there and shut down the opposition. At the same time Hopkins is the ideal LW for McDavid.

If we trade away Drai Hopkins is back at center.

I'm very much in favor of holding onto McDavid, Hopkins, Drai, Yama and Puljujarvi and I don't care what that means to the other fan bases here.

A few years ago we had Hall, Eberle and Hopkins but they were accomplishing nothing. We sucked at every position.

Now we've got a few good pieces on the back end and are only missing a PMD and a top 4 d-man to play on the right side.

Up front we've got 2 very good centers and in Strome and Juju we might have 2 more for the 3rd and 4th line. Jury is still out on that. On the wings it's great to have Hopkins. He's not only compatible with McDavid, but he's a great insurance policy in case McDavid or Drai get hurt as he can also play center. Yama will be ready to contribute in the NHL next season or the season after and Puljujarvi is getting bigger, faster than better as he matures.

Most of the pieces you need for a solid core are there and making a trade that involves sending our 2nd best player to another team doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you're going into a rebuild or unless you're getting an overpayment.

If that's amusing to you, then the joke is on you because you're failing to understand the values of players from the perspective of fans of opposing teams.
I dont care how you slice it. DRAIS is not worth tarasenko by himself, drais is equal to parayko. To sit here and say he is worth both as an over payment is asinine. You have no valid arguement. Fyi I wouldn't trade parayko alone for drais. Just think it's hilarious that you over value him that much. #homersimpson

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The problem with moving Draisaitl is that the Oilers have terrible forwards outside of McDavid and Drai. If we moved Draisaitl to fix our just as bad Defence it's just filling one hole and making another. If the Oilers still had Hall I'd be all for moving Drai for a dman of equal caliber

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Come on guys isn't it safe to say that it doesn't make sense for Edmonton to trade Drai unless the other team gives a massive overpayment?

Something stupid like Tarasenko + Parayko for Drai + Russell sounds like an overpayment to me but it still doesn't make sense to me for Edmonton to trade Drai.

You'd think that someone would have overpaid to get the Penguins' 2nd best forward in Malkin years ago even if it would have taken an overpayment to get him and he went nowhere.

This has to be sarcasm. It has to be. Right?

This is honestly worse than any fake offer has proposed for McDavid that I have seen on these boards, and I read a lot of threads here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This has to be sarcasm. It has to be. Right?

This is honestly worse than any fake offer has proposed for McDavid that I have seen on these boards, and I read a lot of threads here.
I think that's supposed to be a "Edmonton is so quality-forward-poor that we have to keep the ones we have" type example, except that it's slightly ruined by the whole Tarasenko also being an epic badass thing.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad