Proposal: Two Draisaitl Trade Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
At this point just look to the draft table,they really dont have the expendable assets to get the quality depth they need ATM

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Really?

You could actually respond to my post as it was on topic rather than making a trollolol reference to how Jones is a starting point for McDavid (who was not the subject of the OP in the first place). It's all here in case you've forgotten:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/terms

There's nothing to discuss. Columbus has every right to immediately turn down a Dra for Jones offer, even if the Oilers are adding. The fact that you find it hilarious to suggest a package of Jones + for McDavid is every bit as funny as suggesting Drai + for Jones.

And since we're quoting terms and rules, maybe you should read the part about making your response about the post, and not the poster.

Reactions: Viqsi

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
There's nothing to discuss. Columbus has every right to immediately turn down a Dra for Jones offer, even if the Oilers are adding. The fact that you find it hilarious to suggest a package of Jones + for McDavid is every bit as funny as suggesting Drai + for Jones.

And since we're quoting terms and rules, maybe you should read the part about making your response about the post, and not the poster.

Hyperbolic responses to trade proposals happen around here about 10 times daily and always lead in the wrong direction. Keep responses to the substance of the thread, rather than make deliberately inciteful responses designed "to cause an argument or provoke others". It is the very definition of trolling.

I also followed my comment with some actual content pertinent to the OP that did not resort in any way to negativity about the OP, or the opposition players... it was not necessary to make my point.

I do take your point on personal comments, but it's also a big stretch to frame my comment on Viqsi's post as flaming (as your post seems to suggest). It was merely an observation of a repeated pattern, not a personal attack. I think a little self-moderation is required around here and I stand by my comment which calls out that behavior in a friendly manner.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hyperbolic responses to trade proposals happen around here about 10 times daily and always lead in the wrong direction. Keep responses to the substance of the thread, rather than make deliberately inciteful responses designed "to cause an argument or provoke others". It is the very definition of trolling.

I also followed my comment with some actual content pertinent to the OP that did not resort in any way to negativity about the OP, or the opposition players... it was not necessary to make my point.

I do take your point on personal comments, but it's also a big stretch to frame my comment on Viqsi's post as flaming (as your post seems to suggest). It was merely an observation of a repeated pattern, not a personal attack. I think a little self-moderation is required around here and I stand by my comment which calls out that behavior in a friendly manner.

I'm not even sure what youre going for anymore, but its clearly not the topic of the thread. Be safe out there, man.

Reactions: mikeyp24

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I'm not even sure what youre going for anymore, but its clearly not the topic of the thread.
5363b36b9d7bc.image.jpg

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Typical Viqsi... I lol'd and then decided not to take the thread offside.

If you laughed at the idea, then I communicated the situation correctly and as intended. Thanks for the feedback! ;)

Jones has been that good for us this season. While it is inherently obvious to y'all that he's not a fair starting point for McDavid (something on which I agree, incidentally; as good as Jones is he's not in 'generational' talks), it is also inherently obvious to us that Draisaitl is not a fair starting point for Jones. That's all I was trying to convey.

Reactions: bucks_oil

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
From the Blues P.O.V I would definitely rather not explore possible trades of premium assets for a 1C until the Tavares situation is figured out. GMDA has put himself in a pretty nice spot to make an attractive pitch and price for JT if he doesn't just ultimately end up re-signing with the Islanders which I think he will.

Regardless though, I don't really think I'd want to trade Colt and Kyrou for Drai. Fair or not I'm not to sure. I get that he's playing less with McDavid but it still doesn't hurt to be able to play PP or at all ES with someone like McDavid. It would be a really great addition but it would be a major subtraction as well. Losing a 35 point shutdown d man who has the potential ( not saying he will reach it) to be an all world defensemen who plays 20-25 mins a night could be pretty tragic for us especially with how shaky Jake has been throughout his career in net. Admittedly, Parayko for Drai is fairly close in value maybe even slightly favors the Blues but I don't think that + that would need to be added would be Jordan Kyrou.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
So you are saying the Blues are going to trade an amazing prospect who leads the OHL in points with less games played than the average? Yeah okay. Not to mention Draisaitl is a great player and he's having an off year.

I don't think I need to explain the Columbus trade idea.
I know he is having an off year and is at 66 points already for the season.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yeah but I mean Jordan Kyrou? Damn it's pretty even but I think Colton Parayko just does it for me. IMO the Blues are not paying enough and it would blow my mind if they traded Kyrou. The reason I said Drai was having an off year is he should be having a much better year than last year. Not just 1 pt better. But I mean Edmonton just sucks this year. They'll be back to contenders next year especially if they get a good pick. It makes no sense to do any of these trades since Kyrou is gonna be ready next year and he's an elite player.

I guess I agree with this... I'm quite high on Kyrou. That said, I don't expect him to contribute at a Drai level for some time... we can't fix a wound by opening a gaping one. Our forward depth is arguably in worse shape without Drai than our D is presently.

I'm of the opinion that Klef will bounce back when healthy and Sekera is still recovering from knee surgery... that with a poor season from Talbot is what is making our D look weak, when the same squad was passable through to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
If you laughed at the idea, then I communicated the situation correctly and as intended. Thanks for the feedback! ;)

Jones has been that good for us this season. While it is inherently obvious to y'all that he's not a fair starting point for McDavid (something on which I agree, incidentally; as good as Jones is he's not in 'generational' talks), it is also inherently obvious to us that Draisaitl is not a fair starting point for Jones. That's all I was trying to convey.

I "liked" your post, but just here to say I don't agree with it.;)

I see Jones and Drai as both in the same ballpark. Currently top-20 at their position in the NHL, both playing critical positions (yes, Drai IS playing C)... both are higher than top-20 if you factor age. But neither team gets better even in a 1for1 deal, given the holes it would create respectively.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why is Edmonton trying to trade Draisaitl already? Guy is just starting to become a good player for them.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Not trading the best young D in the entire league only getting better for a player who hasn't lead his own team. People like to use Malkin and Crosby but if you are saying Drai now is as good as young Malkin there's no reason to even argue with people who aren't going to see past team colors.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
From the Blues P.O.V I would definitely rather not explore possible trades of premium assets for a 1C until the Tavares situation is figured out. GMDA has put himself in a pretty nice spot to make an attractive pitch and price for JT if he doesn't just ultimately end up re-signing with the Islanders which I think he will.

Regardless though, I don't really think I'd want to trade Colt and Kyrou for Drai. Fair or not I'm not to sure. I get that he's playing less with McDavid but it still doesn't hurt to be able to play PP or at all ES with someone like McDavid. It would be a really great addition but it would be a major subtraction as well. Losing a 35 point shutdown d man who has the potential ( not saying he will reach it) to be an all world defensemen who plays 20-25 mins a night could be pretty tragic for us especially with how shaky Jake has been throughout his career in net. Admittedly, Parayko for Drai is fairly close in value maybe even slightly favors the Blues but I don't think that + that would need to be added would be Jordan Kyrou.
Dont disagree with a lot of what you said. Sad thing is the Oilers PP this year has been shit. Leon has a whopping (get ready for it) 8 pp points this year, he'd well over a ppg if our pp didn't shit the bed ):

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Not saying anyone thinks with their head in that organization, but I'm sure after they see what is available to them come the draft, they may think of something like this.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Edmonton has two untouchables. McDavid and Draisaitl. Everyone else can be sold.
Same could be said for Jones and Panarin, Dubois could be on that list in another season,he's as close to be untouchable as you can be without fully being untouchable(he's available in an obvious upgrade (McD, Matthew's, Eichel type trade thats never going to happen)

The only player that could be realistically traded from the OPs post for Columbus is Wennberg.

Reactions: Viqsi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why is Edmonton trying to trade Draisaitl already? Guy is just starting to become a good player for them.

Guy’s been a good player for three seasons now. He’s about to have back to back 70+ point seasons - that’s a great player.

Edmonton has two untouchables. McDavid and Draisaitl. Everyone else can be sold.

Add Nurse to that list as per Rishaug.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
In short if the CBJ was going to trade Jones once he got good they might as well not of made the trade with Nashville in the first place .

St Louis fans and Edmonton fans have agreed that that Parayko and Draisaitl are close .

Now when you look at Edmonton scoring problems it makes very little sense to trade their 2nd best scorer for s D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad