Apr 22, 2014
USA
1:

:bluesLeon Draisaitl
:edmontonColton Parayko, Jordan Kyrou

2:
:cbjLeon Draiasitl, Adam Larsson
:edmontonSeth Jones, Alexander Wennberg

The Blues should at least consider it, they're not giving away the future with that. Columbus on the other hand says hell no.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
If you want Seth Jones and you expect us to add, you're offering us the wrong center.

Atrocious idea for both sides.
lol thats fine but if you're implying u have anything that would even remotely equal McDavid I question your mental capacity, not for your whole franchise, not for the entire state of Ohio, sorry but please don't say anything that nonsensical again :)

Reactions: ivanlwan

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
lol thats fine but if you're implying u have anything that would even remotely equal McDavid I question your mental capacity, not for your whole franchise, not for the entire state of Ohio, sorry but please don't say anything that nonsensical again :)
I do not believe that we have anything we can offer that would entice Edmonton to give up McDavid, no. The reverse isn't quite true with Jones, but that's only because y'all have McDavid. ;)

Reactions: Starat327

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I wouldn’t. Not sure why OP would.

Teams like Vegas and Toronto are showing that maybe you don’t need that surefire #1 defenceman to win in this league. Speed and offense are the new gritensity.

I think Pittsburgh showed that last year. I would agree to an extent. You obviously can't throw trash out there and expect to win. Your goaltending better be sharp too.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
I think it would be in the best interest of the Oilers to trade their upcoming pick for a good player who's cost controlled but not fresh out of the rookie draft.

Let's say Oilers get 3rd pick - likely Zadina. Great talent, obviously. With the young talent Edmonton already has, I can see it being beneficial to trade that pick for someone with more experience than a fresh rookie.

Nyr - zuc, 1st 20l8 (their's or one of their 3)
Ott - Hoffman, 1st (later, Penguins 2018?)
Ana - Rakell
Carolina - Slavin, earlyish pick (Slavin's cost-controlled contract will determine pick range)
Dal - Heiskanen, pick. (I'm not up to speed on true value of Heiskanen compared to Zadina but think it's interesting). Heiskanen would be raw in the NHL as well which goes against my original point.

Sorry if I'm on off with my propositions above, it's just a spitball possibility of what they could get.

Whatcha think?

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think it would be in the best interest of the Oilers to trade their upcoming pick for a good player who's cost controlled but not fresh out of the rookie draft.

Let's say Oilers get 3rd pick - likely Zadina. Great talent, obviously. With the young talent Edmonton already has, I can see it being beneficial to trade that pick for someone with more experience than a fresh rookie.

Ana - Rakell
Carolina - Slavin, earlyish pick (Slavin's cost-controlled contract will determine pick range)
Dal - Heiskanen, pick. (I'm not up to speed on true value of Heiskanen compared to Zadina but think it's interesting). Heiskanen would be raw in the NHL as well which goes against my original point.

Sorry if I'm on off with my propositions above, it's just a spitball possibility of what they could get.

Whatcha think?

I think Carolina isn't moving Slavin.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Ana - Rakell

Whatcha think?

The Oilers are playing well and passing teams right now. I honestly think the pick will be in the 9-12 range.

That said, I’d be ok with trading it.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Blues fans and Oilers fans have discussed a Draisaitl-Parayko swap extensively. I think I can confidently say that both sides agree that there is not a deal to be made, and that both sides respect each other and their positions. What may seem as a fair trade in terms of value, often does not take in to consideration either teams needs, nor the negative effect on their respective roster constructions. Edmonton is not trading Draisaitl, and St. Louis is not trading Parayko. (Or Kyrou). Let's leave it at that for now.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

Ana - Rakell

Whatcha think?

Lol Dallas isnt trading Heiskanen+pick just to pick 3rd again andhave to wait a year again for the prospect to be ready. Heiskanen is good to go. No sense in trading him for a pick

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I’d rather have Draisaitl than either Parayko or Jones, so I guess that’s a pass.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Why are the Oilers interested in a RHD? (Jones and Parayko, they have Larsson)
it seems like they need a better PMD/O ability. Not sure about their long term cap situation (guessing not the greatest with McJesus/RNH/Drail/Looch and Talbot due for a raise), but why not just sign Mike Green or trade RNH instead of Drai.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Come on guys isn't it safe to say that it doesn't make sense for Edmonton to trade Drai unless the other team gives a massive overpayment?

Something stupid like Tarasenko + Parayko for Drai + Russell sounds like an overpayment to me but it still doesn't make sense to me for Edmonton to trade Drai.

You'd think that someone would have overpaid to get the Penguins' 2nd best forward in Malkin years ago even if it would have taken an overpayment to get him and he went nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad