TV: Twilight Zone (2019)

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
That's odd, I wonder what prompted them to do that, maybe a back log of longer stories. Was along time ago.

According to the story I read CBS cancelled the show that aired right before the Twilight Zone so they told Serling to make the shows 60 minutes long which Serling thought was a bad idea.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'd rather get a reboot of the Outer Limits. The 90's/00 show was ****ing amazing.

I see I'm not the only one here. I was never too much into these shows but between the number of them that have run over the years, particularly in the 90's, I can vaguely recall the Outer Limits standing out as my favourite one with it's more sci-fi focus.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Twilight Zone / Episode 4 / A Traveler [2019] :

* A mysterious man crashes an Alaskan Christmas party.

Just like the previous three episodes, it is too long. Still, minus the ending, which was a let down, it was pretty good.

7/10

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Twilight Zone / Episode 4 / A Traveler [2019] :

* A mysterious man crashes an Alaskan Christmas party.

Just like the previous three episodes, it is too long. Still, minus the ending, which was a let down, it was pretty good.

7/10

I didn't really get the ending personally. What happened exactly?

Spoiler:

The guy was an alien and was lying to her about what that other cop was doing and was trying to get her to shoot him so she could take his job?

Why was that Native dude in the jail cell with the alien at the end? The invasion failed?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I didn't really get the ending personally. What happened exactly?

Spoiler:

The guy was an alien and was lying to her about what that other cop was doing and was trying to get her to shoot him so she could take his job?

Why was that Native dude in the jail cell with the alien at the end? The invasion failed?

He either was in on the plot or just didn't give a flying f***. He just wanted pie.

The alien wanted to the police chief to show the the power grid shed that the town and air force base use.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Twilight Zone / Ep 5 / Wonderkind [2019]:

* An 11 year old becomes President of the United States.

From start to finish, it is beyond stupid. Worst episode yet.

1/10

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The episode lost me at the idea of an 11 year old becoming President. The premise of showing the dangers of elections being all show/style and no substance was good in my opinion but the execution was very poor. They could have easily did it with an adult and convey the same message. I'm quite disappointed because if done well the episode could have really sold its premise.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The episode lost me at the idea of an 11 year old becoming President. The premise of showing the dangers of elections being all show/style and no substance was good in my opinion but the execution was very poor. They could have easily did it with an adult and convey the same message. I'm quite disappointed because if done well the episode could have really sold its premise.
I've been giving this show the benefit of the doubt and been "kind" (easy) with my reviews. Tonight, my patience ran out. This episode lost me at the 8 minute mark. It was just horrible.

Last edited:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
That's odd, I wonder what prompted them to do that, maybe a back log of longer stories. Was along time ago.
They were trying to compete with Lost in space, which was 60 minutes. The 30 minutes episodes were much better.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Renewed for a 2nd season.

from variety.com:

kd5hcu5tdqzzcbmt76v1.jpg

CBS All Access has renewed " The Twilight Zone " for a second season, Variety has learned.

The series, a reboot of the timeless anthology series created by Rod Serling, features Jordan Peele as host, producer and narrator. Episodes to date have featured such thesps as Ike Barinholtz, John Cho, Taissa Farmiga, Ginnifer Goodwin, Kumail Nanjiani, Chris O’Dowd, Seth Rogen, Adam Scott, Jacob Tremblay, and Steven Yeun.

Episode one of the reboot, which premiered on April 1, drove the highest level of unique viewers ever on a premiere day for a CBS All Access original series, according to the streamer.

The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Kinberg’s Genre Films. Peele and Kinberg serve as executive producers along with Win Rosenfeld, Audrey Chon, Glen Morgan, Carol Serling and Rick Berg.

Full story: ‘The Twilight Zone’ Renewed for Season 2 at CBS All Access

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This Twilight Zone sucks I gave up on it now and I don't give up on shows anywhere close to this quickly.
Yup.

I held my nose thru a lot of it - giving it chance after chance after chance. While Episode 5 was not the last straw, it's getting there.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Twilight Zone / Episode 6 /
Six Degrees Of Freedom [2019] :

* A group of culturally diverse astronauts leave for Mars after the world is destroyed.

Easily the best episode so far - altho, TBH, I didn't understand the ending.

8.5/10

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well I quite liked that episode. Didn't quite go as I expected. There was actually intelligent life outside Earth and that crew proved to them that humanity was worth saving.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Twilight Zone / Episode 7 / Not All Men [2019] :

* A meteor triggers toxic masculinity.

After last week's quality episode, the show is back to being awful.

If you found previous episodes preachy, you aint seen nothing yet.

1/10

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad