OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23124

I’m catching The Expanse latest season on Prime next on my list. I’m sure there are plenty fans of good sci-fi series. Give The Expanse a try, won’t regret it.
That's another show that lost me before the end of season 1.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I’m catching The Expanse latest season on Prime next on my list. I’m sure there are plenty of fans of good sci-fi series. Give The Expanse a try, won’t regret it.

I know the 4th season just came out on Friday. Seen the first 3 seasons. Great show.

Has anyone here seen The Purge series on USA Network? I just started watching it.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Finally saw Parasite. Highly recommend it.

Hard to classify or describe without spoilers. But its the kind of movie that makes u hang around in the lobby after to discuss. Not horror. There were earned moments when the entire theater was cracking up and earned moments where the entire theater was on the edge of their seats.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Deleted member 23124

Has anyone watched "See" with Alfre Woodard and Jason Mamoa?

I'm on the 3rd ep and I'm not sure what to make if it.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I finished the Witcher a couple days ago, very good show

Netflix has a hit on their hands

I was familiar with the series to an extent (I played about 15 hours of Witcher 3 when it came out) but I really enjoyed the show

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I work some really crazy hours and I'm about to watch the Joker if I can make it through.
Hoping it's a good one..

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
On my first episode of The Boys.. I like it! It’s like a darker version of Heroes.

Watched 3 episodes and while I don’t see Heroes connection the The Boys is a good show. Got to remind myself that good guys / bad guys exaggerations should be expected per genre

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Anyone watching The Witcher? I binged the first three episodes last night, and I'm digging it.
Saw two episodes so far. The elves in the second episode were a bit 'eh' for me. For a people having gone through such difficulties I expected a darker demeanor instead of angry teen angst which is what it felt like to me. Would appreciate less screaming and yelling, and more deep-rooted dark brooding if you get what I mean. I didn't 'feel' the evil they experienced, rather I 'heard' it. Otherwise it's pretty good so far. I especially enjoy the Bard/Witcher dynamic getting set up.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Saw two episodes so far. The elves in the second episode were a bit 'eh' for me. For a people having gone through such difficulties I expected a darker demeanor instead of angry teen angst which is what it felt like to me. Would appreciate less screaming and yelling, and more deep-rooted dark brooding if you get what I mean. I didn't 'feel' the evil they experienced, rather I 'heard' it. Otherwise it's pretty good so far. I especially enjoy the Bard/Witcher dynamic getting set up.
Yeah, loving them too.

Reactions: romba

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Watch Don't Fu*k With Cats on Netflix. Outstanding doc. If it had happened in America, it would be as big as the OJ story.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Watch Don't Fu*k With Cats on Netflix. Outstanding doc. If it had happened in America, it would be as big as the OJ story.

Had this recommended to me and it was incredible. That rabbit hole went WAY deeper than I could have possibly imagined.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Saw the Irishman. Decent enough but far to long. The last 40 minutes or so needed not to have been on screen. Pecsi by far the best thing about that movie. DeNiro was the worst.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Saw the Irishman. Decent enough but far to long. The last 40 minutes or so needed not to have been on screen. Pecsi by far the best thing about that movie. DeNiro was the worst.

I was talking about the movie in the my office. Was shocked at how many younger people have no idea who Jimmy Hoffa was. Were talking about a guy who had the popularity of a president, and just goes missing. If it happened today it would be the biggest story of the decade for sure.

On the Movie itself, i wish I would have watched it before I read the reviews. The reviews made it sound unwatchable.

I agree on Pesci. He was good. Deniro after a performance like that needs to hang em up. He was terrible. And, lets face it. He's way too old to play any sort of a badass at this point. He can barely lift his leg when he was kicking the guy outside of the store.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The last 40 minutes - hour are the best part of the movie. I think from the scene of the party where Hoffa presents Sheeran the award on through the end is just fantastic. Does a great job making you feel how empty Sheeran is and how a life of crime resulted in loneliness and emptiness. Good meditation on aging.

Pesci was definitely the best part of the movie. His discussion with Pacino at the scene above, telling De Niro "it's what it is" and you know what he means. "We did everything we could for the man." Then the discussion while he's making the salad and then over breakfast the next morning.

Man, Pesci was so good in this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad