OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yup, I'm starting Turning Point today. I'll try and check out this other one about the mobster buying a hockey team, but saving my energy for the 9/11 documentaries that are hitting all this week and weekend.
Finished Turning Point. Blistering.

Reactions: LokiDog

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Finished up Season 1 (hope there's a season 2?) of The Defeated on Netflix. Interesting perspective of the aftermath in a country that lost the war (Germany) and the clusterf*ck that was Berlin in 1946. Definitely something different.

Documentary or background to a (based on true or) fictional story?

Deleted member 23124

Anyone watching or has seen Manifest? It's an amazing show so far. I'm on season 1 and episode 5.
I've seen first two seasons.....started the third but missed something so I have to start season 3 again. Definitely a captivating show.

Deleted member 23124

He was a legend on Weekend Update.

#1 this week on the music charts, Better Than Ezra. At #2... Ezra."

And don't forget his inspirational speech in Deuce Bugalow 2 for the rights of manwhores.

Thanks. Never saw either of those.

Reactions: will1066

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
He was a legend on Weekend Update.

#1 this week on the music charts, Better Than Ezra. At #2... Ezra."

And don't forget his inspirational speech in Deuce Bugalow 2 for the rights of manwhores.

His standup was incredible... the guy was just so dry it was hysterical.

Weiner dog... got my family in a duffle bag etc.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
His standup was incredible... the guy was just so dry it was hysterical.

Weiner dog... got my family in a duffle bag etc.

The dryness, combined with his voice and delivery, and the wit. On steampunk: It wasn't his favorite way to prepare punk.

Reactions: Riche16

Deleted member 23124

Tracked down the Better Than Ezra joke:

Better Than Ezra actually paid tribute on Twitter.

I'll admit it....makes no sense to me.

Now I understand why I've never heard of him....he was on SNL...a show I never watched.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'll admit it....makes no sense to me.

Now I understand why I've never heard of him....he was on SNL...a show I never watched.

I'll take the bolded as verbatim:

Better Than Ezra is the name of an alt rock band that peaked at #1 on the charts back in the 90s. So, if something is ranked #2, then another thing that's better than that thing is #1.

Macdonald's joke just used that logic and inverted it. He was great at these types of jokes that got you to think, then laugh.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23124

I'll take the bolded as verbatim:

Better Than Ezra is the name of an alt rock band that peaked at #1 on the charts back in the 90s. So, if something is ranked #2, then another thing that's better than that thing is #1.

Macdonald's joke just used that logic and inverted it. He was great at these types of jokes that got you to think, then laugh.
Thanks, Will. Now it makes sense....never heard of that band before....the 90s are were somewhat of a blur (as were the 60s, 70s and 80s).'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad